Thread: Prayers for Dennis Lewis of Obsession Archery & Southern Woods and Water

Prayers for Dennis Lewis of Obsession Archery & Southern Woods and Water

Yesterday Dennis was climbing down his stick ladder, and the buckle on the top strap holding the ladder broke, causing the ladder to lean away from the tree and throw Dennis' balance off, causing him to fall. Please take a minute and say a prayer for he and his family. He had to lie there for about an hour or so til someone could get to him. Looks like hes gonna make it but he's in pretty bad shape with two broken legs and a burst fracture in his lower back.

Be safe out there. Sure seems that, although both are needed, a safety rope on the way up and down is more important than being buckled in when you are actually in the stand.
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    Bowtech Invasion
    Elite E-force

Omg!! Thats horrible, I hope he makes a full recovery. Dennis and his family are in my prayers

Prayers said, and God bless him.

Quote Originally Posted by bowmadness83 View Post
    Omg!! Thats horrible, I hope he makes a full recovery. Dennis and his family are in my prayers
    x2, also from what I heard, his wife was in a treestand just above him filming him. So when he fell, he took the climbing sticks down with him, so she couldn't get down. Plus if that wasn't bad enough, her cell phone was dead, so she just sat there and waited until help arrived.
    ‎5000 years ago, Moses said 2 Israel, "Pick up your shovels, mount your asses & camels, & I will lead you 2 the Promised Land." When Welfare was introduced, Roosevelt said, "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, & light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land." Now the government has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels & mortgaged the Promised Land to China

Prayers sent, that is terrible. I may have talked to him, but when I call Obsession I normally talk to Chris.

man i hate to hear that. i hope he gets well soon
    Everything is obama's fault...

Thoughts and prayers. God Bless

Good news, Dennis won't require back surgery to fix the fractured bones in his spine. From what his wife Angela told me Wednesday, he'll be in a wheelchair for a few weeks but will hopefully be back on his feet before the ATA show in January
    ObsessionBows.com

I hope everything works out for him and his family