a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: spott hogg, armourtech or IQ bowsight

spott hogg, armourtech or IQ bowsight

i need a bit of input from some fellow hunters. im thinking about a new bowsight. im considering the spoot hogg hogg-it, axcell armourtech and the field logic IQ retnia. i know the spott hoggs are great sights and the axcell comes with good reviews too but the IQ has my attention with the retnia lock. does the retnia lock work? is it a quality sight? is it as durable as the spott hogg and axcell?

please help and give me some input on what would be the best bang for the buck.
    2013 Hoyt G3 Element, Alpha V5 Micro, QAD HDX
    Victory arrows, Carbon Express, Easton FMJ, Tight spot

I love my armortech. It seems much easier to adjust than the spot hogg and just as tough. Both are top notch in toughness, design, and customer service. You may also want to check out the black gold venegence. It offers first, second, third axis adjustment along with individual micro adj pins like armortech and spot hogg.
    Xpedition Xcentric
    QAD Ultra Rest HDX
    HHA DS 5519
    Gold Tip Velocity Pro 340's

Spot Hogg. Hands down the best sight in the business.

I absolutely hate the adjustments on a spot hogg especially their "micro adjust". Axcel is the better sight by far.

I don't know about the IQ. I know the spot hogg is heavy built and pins are solid. But the armortech is way easier to adjust for me. If the spot hogg adjusted like the armortech it would be the ultimate sight.
    ChillX Macked out Blacked out

I went from the armortech to the spot hogg. The spot hogg adjustment sucks compared to the armortech the I think its a sturdier sight for hunting imo.

Spot Hogg - Built like a tank
    Armortech - Much easier adjustment
    IQ - Not in the same league

I Can only speak for the Armortech HD, awesome sight in every way!

Show-Me State..on a little pond called Lake Pomme De Terre
    Ya,scratch the IQ,as said before,not only in a different league but in a different game altogether.
    Taxidermist/ commercial tannery owner and bow tuning shop 32 yrs and running... I shoot them all,and just pick the one that likes me!!!!

great, thanks for the input. i was hoping the armourtech would out weight the spott hogg, i really like them. dont get me wrong, i know there is nothing wrong with the hogg but easier adjustment and great quality dose it for me.

thanks for all the input.
    2013 Hoyt G3 Element, Alpha V5 Micro, QAD HDX
    Victory arrows, Carbon Express, Easton FMJ, Tight spot

You cant go wrong with the Spot-Hogg. Ive had mine for 4 years now using it both for hunting and 3-d. Spot -Hoggs customer service is 2nd to none, and have a lifetime warranty.

Not sure about the Armourtech, but i have a Spot-Hogg "Tommy Hogg" & my brother has the IQ & out of those 2 Spot-Hogg hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
    Not sure about the Armourtech, but i have a Spot-Hogg "Tommy Hogg" & my brother has the IQ & out of those 2 Spot-Hogg hands down.
    I have the tommy and the boss hogg , really like these sights .

your doing yourself wrong by not checking out black gold... especially for a hunting sight! Had a hogg.... black gold for me it is from now on. Cannot comment on the other 2 other that i would never own a armourtech because of the pins, and the iq looked like it was built poorly at the store.

luv my axcel,have had just about every brand out there. now i have not had to try new ones in awhile!

spot hogg, nothing better

I shot the spot hogg for a while then went to the armourtech and thought it was built just as tough but with a better micro adjustment, well I was wrong although it is a great sight the pins dont compare to the hogg's. I broke 1 pin and bent 2 others on my Elk hunt this year all on different days, so after the season I traded my armourtech to get back into the spot hogg. I will take the toughness over the convenience of the micro adjust any day (at least for hunting).

I actually like the gang adjustment better on the hoggs. The armours while easy are not as nice to me as making a micro adjustable turn on the hoggs. The individual pins on the hogg are slightly more difficult but once you spend a little time with them they seem quite easy. The overall build goes to the hoggs. I tried an armour and switched back to the hogg, overall a better sight imo.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.-----Vince Lombardi

Black Gold !!! I'm getting ready to order one from there custom shop. Price is going to be about the same as the Armertech or Spot-hog of the shelf. Plus get to pick pin size, color and placement.
    Staff Shooter for CCA (Cheap Custom Arrowwraps)check us out on the web to order your wraps
    '08 Martin Firecat a righty
    '06 Martin Slayer a lefty

the spot hogg and the armortech are about par, but it comes down to how much do you want to play with your sight when sighting in? I have had both and i will never go back to spot hogg becuase of how their pins adjust
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

Spot Hogg, built like a tank!

I HATED the Spott Hogg's ive had because of the pin adjustment. The best fixed pin sight's ive used are Black Gold and the Armortech hands down!
    Team PSE

"Let me ask you something, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!"