Thread: Cost per acre to lease hunting ground

Cost per acre to lease hunting ground

Does anyone know what hunting ground is going for in west central Illinois? Getting harder to find ground to hunt, trieing to find out how much it will cost to lease.

2013 Monster Cill
    SWORD APEX 3 SIGHT
    RIPCORD CODE RED REST
    TRU BALL
    VICTORY ARROWS

Was working in Beardstown last year and found a guy who had 85 acres at $20 bucks an acre

Quote Originally Posted by airbourn View Post
    Does anyone know what hunting ground is going for in west central Illinois? Getting harder to find ground to hunt, trieing to find out how much it will cost to lease.
    good luck

west central IL ? prolly about $50 an acre at least. down here we pay around $15 -$20
    Samick Sage 25#
    DRT Broadheads by Dirt Nap Gear

Geez, we had a good deal on timber company land for $8/acre.

Hunting is starting to become a rich mans sport!
    2013 Monster Cill
    SWORD APEX 3 SIGHT
    RIPCORD CODE RED REST
    TRU BALL
    VICTORY ARROWS

Good grief. I would give it for a small acreage "in the right spot". Man, I'm about to join this one lease I found quick, at $6/acre. it's a cow ranch too though so you have to deal with that junk.
    "Git 'er Done!" - LTCG

$20 per acre is pretty typical

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

Girl I work with her dad gets 25K for each of his 120 acre pieces...he has 240 total. He gets more for the lease in one year than he paid for the whole place... but they kill 2-3 deer over 150" a year and a 200" about ever other year.

Quote Originally Posted by lavazhole View Post
    Girl I work with her dad gets 25K for each of his 120 acre pieces...he has 240 total. He gets more for the lease in one year than he paid for the whole place... but they kill 2-3 deer over 150" a year and a 200" about ever other year.
    I think youve been fed some bad info, no way people are paying 200 bucks an acre to lease. Outfitters are whats driving the costs up in WC IL, they offer land owners ungodly amounts of money, up to 50 an acre. More and more landowners around where i hunt seem to be starting to dislike the outfitters and land coiuld be found for 20 an acre if you look. or you could find a farmer or 2 thats needs a strong back and hunt for free.

25k. 25,000 dollars? For a little 120 acre piece. Why on earth wouldn't they just buy the land? Makes no sense. Or buy some cheaper land and make it just as good. Or just go shoot a booner on a fence farm for 12k.
    "Git 'er Done!" - LTCG

i have 2000 acres here in ky and i wouldnt even think about leasing my land cause i hunt it along with family and friends

Quote Originally Posted by happyhunter62 View Post
    i have 2000 acres here in ky and i wouldnt even think about leasing my land cause i hunt it along with family and friends
    I'll be your friend! I have about 1000 in Va, but it would be nice to hunt somewhere different. about $10-15 per acre seems to be the standard in Northwest Va.
    [B]Bowtech Invasion, HHA, QAD HDX, Octane 7-11. CX Maximas
    Hoyt Katera, Sword, Posten, QAD HD, GT7595[B/]

$25 per seems to be the average...more or less depending on the individual farm. Can go up to $75 around el dara and pittsfield.
    Looking for 1-2 members to join my W/C Illinois Lease...send me a PM!!

Quote Originally Posted by airbourn View Post
    Hunting is starting to become a rich mans sport!
    You should have said "TROPHY" hunting is becoming a rich mans sport. I have all kinds of places I can hunt and kill deer (just not big deer) I love to hunt big deer, but Im not gonna pay that much to kill big deer, a 5 year old deer around here is just as smart as a 5 year old deer there.
    PSE DS EVO, skulls, 70lbs, 28",373gr arrow, 312fps
    BOWTECH INSANITY, 70LBS, 28", 373GR, 321FPS

JESUS SAVES!

This can't possibly be true. I don't care how good the ground is nobody's paying $200 an acre. Buffalo County is one of the best counties in the country and even there top dollar is "only" $50 an acre.

5 guys pay 5K each to shotgun it, 5 guys pay the 5K each to archery hunt it....

The farm is basically one huge funnel. If you saw the deer they shoot every year you'd be handing over your cash. The farm is money.

We don't have 150 inch buck running all over the place. But usually all you have to gives is a few packs of steaks and a thank you. Mel

10 years ago all you had to do was fix fence and put cows back in when they got out. These days a farmer can pay his property tax with hunting lease money. I guess you can't blame them for that.
    2013 Monster Cill
    SWORD APEX 3 SIGHT
    RIPCORD CODE RED REST
    TRU BALL
    VICTORY ARROWS