Thread: G5 Quest Torrent

G5 Quest Torrent

Shot the new Torrent last night. It was 29/70 single cam with draw stop. First impression was this bow looks amazing. Fit and finish were flawless. It has the I-glide. Bow was fairly light and held well. It only had a whisker biscuit and d-loop. Draw was smooth with solid back wall due to draw stop. Shot my 447 grain Easton Flatline through it and the chronograph. Consistent 294 fps. Bow had small amount of vibration after the shot. Installed a doinker stab on it and it eliminated the vibe totally. This bow has an adjustable module on the cam that adjusts from 26-30 inches. The bow was extremely quiet during the shot. The best part was the price was under 600. G5 definately has a winner with this bow. Shot as good as bows that sell for 300 more than this bow. Worth checking out.

Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
    Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
    Bamabows Elite Classic 64" 50@28

That arrow weight/speed combo sounds a little hard to believe.

Did you mean 347 grains? Your number would put that bows IBO at 360 fps, and it's only listed as 322...

Photo???
    "Reality is always your friend. The reason is almost a truism.......everything else is a fantasy." ~ Dr. Henry Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    That arrow weight/speed combo sounds a little hard to believe.

Did you mean 347 grains? Your number would put that bows IBO at 360 fps, and it's only listed as 322...
    Weighed my arrow on the shop's scale. Re-weighed on mine and got 373 grains
    Don't have any photos, same as on their website.

Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
    Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
    Bamabows Elite Classic 64" 50@28

Thanks for the review. Sounds like it's coming in at 315 ibo, about 7 fps under the advertised speed.
    Hoyt Spyder 30
    Bowtech Invasion
    Elite E-force

I've been waiting on ordering mine until i sold my current bow, and I just did! I just ordered my Torrent and I can't wait to shoot it! the shop owner said he has shot this bow a few times and from the speed he was getting through the chrono with his set up, it should be just as advertised if not a bit faster. Can't exactly remember his specs tho. It's got to be a sweet shooter!