Archery Talk Forum banner

Mathews Outback Reviews: Let's Hear your Opinions

48K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  joehunter8301 
#1 ·
I am in the process of picking up a used Outback from the classifieds. Read a lot of reviews online, just curious what AT thought about the bow?

Meat

#6 ·
This is one of the all time great classic Mathews bows. Not real smoking fast, but forgiving and quiet. I know a couple of real serious archery elk hunters in southern Colorado who still shoot these. They could afford any bow they wanted. Try out the new ones each year. And comment that, yes, the new ones are nice; but I'll just keep shooting my Outback.

#12 ·
i just got mine 5 minutes ago, bought it from Orion, Jeff on here.

Had to have another mathews, miss the brand!
There plenty fast!!!!!!!!
Smooth, quiet, compact, dead in the hand!
Good job selecting a mathews.
Couldn't justify buying a z7, i thought the outback shoots near enough to the z7 (call me crazy) but the outback shoots great!
I should get 270-280fps for 65lbs, 28inch draw, with 344 grain carbon express maxima 250's. Believe me that's plenty fast enough to kill deer.
post some pics when you can

#13 ·
Cannot get the pics to work from my phone.

Getting a new string from Twisted Archery for it and will get it installed when they arrive. The rubber stops next to the cam and idler wheel could be replaced as well, hopefully my shop has some replacements.

Have thought about adding a Bow Rattler to it, any opinions on that move?

Meat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.