a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Hoyt cams on on target?soft-medium-hard?

Hoyt cams on on target?soft-medium-hard?

Never had a hoyt thinking of getting a CARBON MATRIX or a VECTOR TURBO or possible a ALPHAELITE,but probably a MATRIX SO WHAT ARE THE CAMS 2CAM SOFT,MEDIUM,HARD OR X HARD?LOOKING FOR A ARROW I CAN GET AROUND 280FPS OUT OF IM A 27INCH DRAW BE SHOOTING AROUND 60-64LBS,THINKING OF FTBOY 500S OR FATBOY 440S,ANY OTHER ARROW RECOMINDATIONS FOR 3D THAT WILL SHOOT WELL OUTA THESE BOWS AND I CAN GET TOSE SPEEDS OUT OF?

Quote Originally Posted by mac130 View Post
    Never had a hoyt thinking of getting a CARBON MATRIX or a VECTOR TURBO or possible a ALPHAELITE,but probably a MATRIX SO WHAT ARE THE CAMS 2CAM SOFT,MEDIUM,HARD OR X HARD?LOOKING FOR A ARROW I CAN GET AROUND 280FPS OUT OF IM A 27INCH DRAW BE SHOOTING AROUND 60-64LBS,THINKING OF FTBOY 500S OR FATBOY 440S,ANY OTHER ARROW RECOMINDATIONS FOR 3D THAT WILL SHOOT WELL OUTA THESE BOWS AND I CAN GET TOSE SPEEDS OUT OF?
    Hard cam.

Quote Originally Posted by mac130 View Post
    From the HELP section of OnTarget2!

Cam Style

When a bow is selected from the database by clicking the "Apply" button on Database Selection tab, the program makes the cam style suggestion based on manufacturer published IBO velocity.

IBO speed of less then 260 is considered a Soft Cam
    IBO speed between 260-290 is considered Medium Cam
    IBO speed of 290-320 is considered Hard Cam
    IBO speed greater than 320 is considered X-Hard Cam

Hoyt Carbon Matrix with RKT Cam...IBO Speed Rating = 325 fps...1-Cam X-Hard for OnTarget2 purposes....you can manually select something different.

Hoyt Vector Turbo with RKT Cam....IBO Speed Rating = 340 fps...1-Cam X-Hard for OnTarget2 purposes...of course, you can manually select something different

Hoyt AlphaElite with RKT Cam........IBO Speed Rating = 321 fps....1-Cam X-Hard for OnTarge2 purposes.

IF you manually select 2-Cam X-Hard....then, OnTarget2 will suggest a slightly STIFFER arrow, and put the arrow in the center of the green zone.

IF you manually select 1-Cam HARD....then, OnTarget2 will suggest a slightly WEAKER arrow, than the normal programming would recommend.

Usually, you wil get very good results if you allow the program to self select the arrow recommendation.

Since OnTarget2 does not have the 2012 bows listed just yet,
    then....

BEST to follow the program HELP section recommendations.
    www.nutsandboltsarchery.com
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...=who+wants+dvd
    Send me an email for DVD = $25.00....

alanlui@comcast.net

There are NO soft or medium cams on the market today, just hard, extra hard and extra extra hard. Well, Hoyt has wheels, but that would be it.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone