a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Guys Thread

I would love to go to Vegas, but we don't have much for indoor here. I love shooting spots though.

Not really, bout as much as Bridger, maybe a tad less. When you weight down the bow an have that mass weight in balance to your holding weight you don't have to fight the bow at all to get the dot in the middle. I'm running 11oz on a 33" main and 18oz on a 15" back. I'm goin to play with some more weight when indoor is over and see if I can slow my float at 50m any more than it already is.

All balancing a bow is leverage and physics. Get the right amount of weight in the right spot and it just sits there.

Bridger hold bout 25lbs, I hold bout 28lbs... So theoretically I should be the one with more weight, but that's not the case(they were sold out, cause I got there after him, lol). When you find your sweetspot you'll know
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

just throwing this out there jake...lancaster has some x spot stabilizer solid weights they sell in 3, 5, 8 or 12 oz that fit bstingers. They're super cheap (under $20) and if you replace single oz weights with an 8 or 12, you are able to consolidate the length of your weight stack off your bar. They are what I use (I only have 6 1oz stinger weights from misc applications)

I get weights from them with the bars, or at my price... Depends on what I need. I got like 37oz in black 7 4oz stacks and 9 1oz singles, for this set. I have like 50 oz coming for my second set because diff lengths.

Weight is weight, I'm on staff so I give back, weights ain't the end of the world... Spend more on them than bars but it's 1) good to have them 2) I can adjust really really easy...

Thanks tho josh
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

Ah I suppose its different being on staff, I'm just looking to save some cash where I can haha

I shot with the xspot weights for awhile and they do work great.

And roxie, I have had mine weighed more back heavy before too and it holds great. BUt, when you get outside into the wind, sometimes it doesn't want to handle quite as well as having it forwards. But, if you are running a decent amound of weight, where you have it doesn't matter. I can almost promise that reos bow held no different in the wind when he was shooting stingers with the same weight as he shoots with the blades. It all comes down to weight. Look at it this way, what moves less in the wind? A piece of paper that you hold facing the ground? Or a ten pound dumb bell? A little over exaggerated yes, but it proves my point that in the end, most of it all comes down to how much or how little you have on your bow. Along with experience shooting in the wind as well of course. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by underdog145 View Post
    I shot with the xspot weights for awhile and they do work great.

And roxie, I have had mine weighed more back heavy before too and it holds great. BUt, when you get outside into the wind, sometimes it doesn't want to handle quite as well as having it forwards. But, if you are running a decent amound of weight, where you have it doesn't matter. I can almost promise that reos bow held no different in the wind when he was shooting stingers with the same weight as he shoots with the blades. It all comes down to weight. Look at it this way, what moves less in the wind? A piece of paper that you hold facing the ground? Or a ten pound dumb bell? A little over exaggerated yes, but it proves my point that in the end, most of it all comes down to how much or how little you have on your bow. Along with experience shooting in the wind as well of course. Haha.
    Thats the reason I went back to stingers. The bar itself is wayy lighter than the carbon blades so I can really stack up the weight on the tips!

I'm shooting Doinker Fattys, which don't help the wind. I'm going to try out the weight forward, but I was just sceptical of low misses and the fast downward action you get when floating, I'm sure you know about that. I do a lot of 3-D and a low miss when aiming at a 12 means probably a 5.... Haha. But then again, with only shooting 20 shots over a 3 hour period...I shouldn't get tired eh? Lol.

There was conflict between sponsors on the reo thing...

On paper, weight heavy mains = low misses... In action they don't mean that. When you run the extra weight out front it forces more push/pull and ultimately a better shot. You need to keep the pressure between the release and the grip, so you cannot collapse and still keep the dot in the middle. At first you'll find some low misses and lower patterns, but after a couple weeks when you are used to it you will see better scores and tighter groups
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

I used to shoot the fatties as well and thought the same thing. I had a wind bar and all that jazz. One day tho, I took my wind bar and put that weight on my front and back bars so that it would balance the same, just with more weight and vwalla. It held better than before along with no difference in hoping in the wind as it was before with my wind bar. Due to the fact there was more mass weight.

I do have a wind bar now. But, as you can expect, it has to be pretty bad out for me to consider. 28 ounces is a lot to hold out in front when you already have 24 out the back. Haha. But, it doesn't help because there is less bar, but because there is more weight.

My problem is I like to relax my release hand a little. Could cause a problem with the weight forward.

Relaxing the hand and yeild pressure are very diff, you need a relaxed hand but you need the positive pressure against the bow through your bow arm, through your shoulders and chest, and against the release to shoot strong shots. You want as relaxed as possible, but you need to maintain the push/pull
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

I got my stuff from B-stinger today. Also got my lightspeeds refletched...because of the glue I use, I prefer to wait overnight before I shoot the arrows, so I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to mess with all my new goodies.

I'm surprised you haven't received your stabs yet Jake?

I played with the weight forward again today, and it's just not for me. Very inconsistent. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Also got my 8 degree QDC and it's SCHWEET. Blue Brightfiber from Scotts Custom Archery also came in. Made a WORLD of difference. I can now use a .019" pin with my clarifier.

Rest came in and I setup the second ve+ fully... It's shooting ok so far, needs some tweaking
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

ok guys I'm kinda playin with some stabilizers and I need to know where to put my weight. My pin is moving up and down alot more than left to right. Not much, its inside the 5 ring on a blue face, but I would like to get it better. Do I add/subtract weight from the front/ backbar? If you need to know I have my release set fairly cold now and without a clicker. The pin isn't really moving quick and jerky, but it also isn't moving really slow either kinda in the middle. Thanks for any help
    * Team 20- Undeertakers*
    Elite Energy 32

what length of bars, dw and holding weight, dl.. do you shoot an aggressive shot? is dl correct?
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

Its not a target set up or anything just a huntin stab I set up with some weight on the end. For my back bar i just added some weight to the end of the string stopper. Front stab is about 10" The weight on the string stop is about 4 1/2" back from the riser. Couldn't tell ya what the weight is for either of the two as I just have copper tubing filled with lead for weights and just taped on. Kinda redneck but it seems to work fine.

DW-59
    holding weight- about 13lbs
    I'm not really sure what you mean by aggressive shot I just hold the pin on the center and pull with my back muscles and my middle finger until it goes off.
    DL feels almost perfect but I'm sure if I would shorten/lengthen it by 1/16" it could make a difference
    * Team 20- Undeertakers*
    Elite Energy 32

fast or slow float to the pin?

how much weight on the end of the 10"
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

I would say a lil more fast than slow

The stab is solid metal and has equal weight all the way across it(somthing my dad had shot with about 30 years ago) On the tip i have the tube running horizontal to the ground with lead in it. Can't really tell ya what it weighs. Don't have a scale or anything that measures in ounces.
    * Team 20- Undeertakers*
    Elite Energy 32

if it helps any this is how I have it set up
    Attached Images Attached Images
    * Team 20- Undeertakers*
    Elite Energy 32

without a weight we can't really do anything.. i'm guessing total mass weight is too heavy
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

ok I'll take a lil off the back,front and see what happens. Thanks
    * Team 20- Undeertakers*
    Elite Energy 32

Hey Jake, what size blade do you use with what weight arrow indoor?

the middle size pro tuner .010 and a .010 backer(don't need it but had it on there from 27's).. shoot that for 340gr lightspeeds, 420gr injexion, 500gr 2315's, 715gr 2712's.. for indoor all i'm shooting anymroe is 2315's, they shoot good
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast