Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Guys Thread

ok.... all the stuff i have worked with is a cadd system, meant for all 3d...
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

I see...yeah, I have r14 from the '90's and though it is very powerful, it's not as easy to use as the newer revisions. I'll keep working on the taper though; maybe I can come up with something.
    Bowtech SentinelGoldtip Ultralights...Axcel Armortech HD...B-Stinger Premiere Plus

And he said to them, "Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness,
    for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."
    Luke 12:15

sounds good, you may wanna find what the machine is compatible with before ya dump too much more time into this.. especially if you have to redraw all of it
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

Yeah, I happened to think thought of that last night, so I'm just gonna go find some shops and the tech college today and talk to them and ask question etc. I was starting to get caught up in the design part of it to much but I have to realize it's going to have to be simple enough for them convert to a g-code without to much trouble.
    Bowtech SentinelGoldtip Ultralights...Axcel Armortech HD...B-Stinger Premiere Plus

well it looks like i may be building up a second ve+.. pricing the works next time i'm at the shop to see what it would be..... i know its less that ordering, but im not sure how much
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

Sometimes i really hate you coach! Hahahaha jk

2014 of some sort
    "Amateurs practice til' they can do it right, Pros practice til' they can't do it wrong."

Fortitudo Scientia Amor

Actually, having it step down wouldn't bee too bad. I know that stan has steps on there's instead of a taper. And if you think about it, your individual fingers don't taper as you go from one end of it to the other looking at it form a horizontal plane. I'm not much of a machinist, I'm actually not one at all. Haha. But if it is easier to have it step, and you can make it look nice I would try it.
    You never know who will be watching you as you compete for your dreams - so always act like a Champion, win or lose. Because at the end of the day, the people you meet and inspire will mean more than the trophies that gather dust on your mantle.

So it's cheaper to buy limbs, riser, and strings and put one together than it is to buy one new? Of course you wouldn't get warranty, but if one can put the bow together themself, there's no sense in having a warranty really. That's cool...let us know how much you save it you don't mind posting it up.

Called my 2nd cousin's/best friend's dad today who happens to be an engineer and has a nice shop...tomorrow I'm gonna drop the plans off and we're gonna talk prices so cross your fingers guys...hopefully it won't cost to much. If so, I'll check at the tech college and see what they'll do it for.

Quote Originally Posted by underdog145 View Post
    Actually, having it step down wouldn't bee too bad. I know that stan has steps on there's instead of a taper. And if you think about it, your individual fingers don't taper as you go from one end of it to the other looking at it form a horizontal plane. I'm not much of a machinist, I'm actually not one at all. Haha. But if it is easier to have it step, and you can make it look nice I would try it.
    Thanks for the support underdog (can't think of your name right now?)! That's what I was thinking too...it'll most likely be cheaper to machine and a heck of a lot easier to draw up.

Thats a very good point Bridger. Im crossing my fingers too Isaac haha!
    2014 of some sort
    "Amateurs practice til' they can do it right, Pros practice til' they can't do it wrong."

Fortitudo Scientia Amor

Actually there is warranty.. its cheaper for me because of my pricing and only cheaper because i don't have to pay custom shop fee's
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

Quote Originally Posted by 12-RING SHOOTER View Post
    don't think 22oz is needed on one back bar for a z7x, unless you decide to load tons of weight on the front bar, but it's all personal preference
    Yea dylan 22oz is needed those damn mathews with that short ATA are so effingg front heavy it rediculous!
    PSE, GoldTip Arrows, CBE, Scott Releases, Bohning Archery, Feather Vision
    Toxic Twist Bow Stings
    Deer Crossing Archery

Quote Originally Posted by 12-RING SHOOTER View Post
    anyone else have an opinion!?
    Pink
    PSE, GoldTip Arrows, CBE, Scott Releases, Bohning Archery, Feather Vision
    Toxic Twist Bow Stings
    Deer Crossing Archery

2014 of some sort

Fortitudo Scientia Amor

anyone have any 180gr pro point pins they would trade for 200's?
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

What's the problem with your 200s?
    You never know who will be watching you as you compete for your dreams - so always act like a Champion, win or lose. Because at the end of the day, the people you meet and inspire will mean more than the trophies that gather dust on your mantle.

little heavy.. spinin a little weak
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

Hey Bridger ya got any 3.5 or 4 spirals lying round? For that matter you wanna part with a vantage elite?
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

I think I have a set of silver 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by underdog145 View Post
    I think I have a set of silver 4.0.
    How much there boss?

Ok nother question, anyone got tap or ot2? If so could ya find me the static spine of 32" 2712's with 300gr tips microlites and 3" vanes and 2315's 200gr tips microlites and 3" vanes?
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

Here's a rough drawing...it might not be exact per your description, but I got kinda lost in all the widths and thicknesses, lol. But here's what I got; let me know what to change and all. I don't yet have any of the neck drawn up because I'm working on something different for that (think adjustable)...anyways, more details to come regarding that.
    jake'srelease.jpg

Let me know if the finger placement drops to much or not...I tried to make it relatively straight but I thought I remembered you sayin something about wanting just a slight drop and one time? Anyways, the third finger just drops 1/8" relative to the center points of the 1st and 2nd fingers which are inline with each other. But that can be changed to perfectly straight if you'd like.

i'd take out the curl on the end of the ring finger.. i'd ditch the loop too, but..
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

Ok, I'll get those things fixed.

Jacob has free reign Isaac. If its good enough for Jacob its good enough for me.
    2014 of some sort

Fortitudo Scientia Amor

Quote Originally Posted by archerykid13 View Post
    Jacob has free reign Isaac. If its good enough for Jacob its good enough for me.
    Sounds good.

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast