a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: New bow madness Peep keeps turning!

New bow madness Peep keeps turning!

Ok so i got my new bow and i had a shop install everything, including peep and d-loop. My problem is that every shot i take my peep doesnt stay ligned up! It keeps turning. Same with the d-loop and yes he tied knots on opposite sides of the string. What to do now? Thanks!

Oh if it helps the peep is a trupeep 3/16 (the kind that sits at an angle till you draw bow)

Two options - rubber tubing peep or new strings. Not a fan of the tubing personally. Some will say that the strings on the PSE Mainline bows are awesome but my personal expereince "most of the time" they are not. I have a buddy that has a 2011 Vendetta and strings are holding up fine. On my 2010 Vendetta i had to replace after couple hundreds shots, bow would not stay in tune, peep rotated etc... Two buddies shoot the bowmadness and had the same issue as you until i made them some strings. I did not know a lot about strings until i actually started making them, a good set of strings will make a world of difference. There are some GREAT string builders out here on AT and some are running holiday specials you maybe interested in getting a set - you will be glad you did. Check them out in the classified section.

New bows like yours need to "Seat In" or "Set" the string.
    After about 150 shots, take it in and have the peep put back in again. It should stay close then.
    `````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````` ````````````````
    Human life has become cheap in our "enlightened" society. Liberalism has taught these kids that there's no difference in killing a one-year-old in a stroller and killing a ten WEEK old baby in the womb! These killers are not human - they are demons spawned in the cesspool of Progressive ideology.

Shoot it more, then have a shop put it in the press, turn the string a turn one way or the other and it should help that.No need to waste the money on a new string when its a simple fix. Also try putting a strand from one side of the peep on the other side of the peep when its in the press. That should solve it.
    Hunting With: 2015 PSE Bowmadness 34 29.5/60 Skullworks
    3D: (waiting on) 2015 PSE Dominator Max Platinum Skullworks & Chrome
    Bowfishing with: 2014 PSE Elation & 2012 Bear Apprentice 2 Pink Camo https://m.facebook.com/BetterOutdoorsArcheryBowhunting

Thanks everyone. I am going to go ahead and shoot it alot more today and see where the peep ends up then try to turn string to keep it straight. I need to get a bigger peep anyways so thatll be good time to have it installed and straightened. The 3/16 trupeep is not big enough to see the whole white outer line on my spothog 7 deadlypins sight

If the peep is rotating now it will never settle down and not rotate. But you will be able to get it set to a place that when you draw it should open up square to you at full draw. But if it is rotating now you will never have a peep that you can set square to you at rest and stay there at full draw.

I have my own bowpress now. Before I did I would not put a peep on till I shot new strings for a while. Let the strings break in before having the shop put a peep in. Even with high end strings it is good to shoot 50-100 times first.

With a good string it shouldn't take 50-100 shots to settle in. I make my own strings and I shoot it ten times and install my peep. Have never had a problem yet. (Knock on wood)

Thanks everybody for the info. The problem is solved! I took it in to an extremely good shop called rendezvous primitive arms in Ione Ca. The guy that installed everything the first time at a sportsmans warehouse had it all out of wack! He had the d loop installed over a brass nock (big nono ive now learned) When i would draw the arrow would raise out of my drop away rest from the pinching! He aslo had the nock set way too high and centerline was way off! he did not serve the peep in correctly, he didnt straighten my pulleys or anything. The guy at rendezvous primitive arms had all the proper tools and lasers etc etc! It now shoots like a dream! I am truely amazed at the technoligy that was used!! Totally dialed in! Peep no longer turns and d loop stays where it should also. Its perfect every time now. Oh he also had a computer genetated setup that aligned my all sight pins and spaced them correctly with the speed and arrows etc etc i was shooting. It worked perfect!!!!!