Archery Talk Forum banner

Pse Bow Madness xs / Diamond Outlaw / Bear Legion

8K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Festis 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a decent first compound and would like to stay around 5 bills...under if possible. I've shot a couple dozen different ones over the past week and am looking for some additional input to help weigh in on the decision. I'm more or less down to these out of what I've had a chance to fling some sticks with. After about 20-30 arrows with each today I only notice really small differences in them and that is where I'm having the problem deciding. I've looked through the classifieds and I don't see many at all of these there unlike the high dollar bows. So either people don't buy these or when they do they don't ever sell them.
Thanks in advance for any constructive information or opinions.

#2 ·
Ill give a vote for the bmxs , im on my 3rd one . I just traded for one the other day and ive got an order in for a 3G . Ive got several other bows of various brand and enjoy them all but i like my bmxs .

#3 ·
I'll agree w/PFD. Out of all my bows, I absolutely love my 2010 BowMadness XS. It draws well, holds well, and shoots like a dream. It's quiet and has little to no hand shock or vibes at the shot. It's small and compact so it packs well and can be maneuvered anywhere. It's one bow I will probably never get rid of

#6 ·
I'm in the same boat as you practically. I'm torn between the PSE Bow Madness XS, the Diamond Outlaw, the Diamond Razor Edge, and the PSE Brute. The problem is my draw length is 25.5" so I'm pretty limited. I saw a Bow Madness XS for 299 at a local shop and the BMXS Plus for 499. Not sure what the big difference is between the two that it warrants a 200 dollar difference in price tag but 299 for last years BMXS seems like a good buy.

#9 ·
Im a PSE fan but had a Diamond Outlaw come to my shop for strings this week and onse I got it set up, I was really impressed with its draw,speeds,and how quiet it was. I have heard alot of good things about the Brute X so would give it a try as well.

#13 ·
both are great bows...i would go pse or diamond...pm me if you need and we have some christmas specials going

#16 ·
look into the Mission by Mathews Venture, i went for same price range you did and shot a number of bows, the venture had a much better feel overall than the other i shot and i shot everything from a Z7Xtreme and bear carnage to a mission craze and some bowtechs. ton of value in the venture model i am waiting for mine to come in now i custom ordered it 2 weeks ago

#17 ·
The Outlaw has really impressed me thus far. I shot an xs, but its dl was so short that I couldn't make any big statements about it, other than smoothness. All bows mentioned would probably treat you right. I have heard some things about Outlaws derailing on the idler wheel, but mine's never shown any tendency to do anything unusual.

#18 ·
So I went to the local Mathews dealer today and checked out the Venture. It was very smooth and quiet but I can't quite get it in budget with even the cheapest accessories. I may look at the Missions again when I look for my next bow in another year or so. But for now I'll stick with one of the original 3 since I can get them fully loaded and ready to shoot for my allowable budget this round.

#20 ·
I got a deal I couldn't turn down. 11 Bow Madness XS rts for 425 new in the box. Couldn't really touch either of the others for that so it is on its way......
Thanks again for the input. Looking forward to it getting here.

#22 ·
I can't say anything to the string quality as its my first compound and they seem totally different that the recurve string that I could just curl up and put in a bag. Regardless it shoots nice and smooth and seems quieter than the newer one I shot in the store. Needless to say very happy with it....Thanks again for everyone's input.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.