Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: strother rush speeds

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    652

    strother rush speeds

    shot the demo and loved it but was wondering if anyone has shot one with full set up and ran it throw a chronograph? arrow weight and speed would be nice.



  2. #2
    Well I cant give arrow weight - but shooting them side by side to the SX-1 same DL and DW and exact same arrow it was only 2 or 3 FPS slower, but oh so much smoother.

    Im guessing the smooth mods on the SX and the Rush set up will be the same.
    Kevin Garceau

    Owner: G-Force Archery and Outdoors
    Custom high performance arrows built to your needs.
    I can help with any and all archery accessory needs at competitive pricing

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    652
    any one else
    Strother Infinity black death
    Strother Rush lime green

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the CO elk woods
    Posts
    2,389
    I'm sitting here wondering the exact same thing. Can't wait to hear some real world speeds on this thing...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    6,420
    The only one I have heard of came with an IBO of 341 I believe and that did not include what was on the string. Can't remember what the numbers were, but Crackers did one and posted it. . . . seems a little unfair though since he is the master of tuning.
    Hoyt CS34

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the CO elk woods
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by AR&BOW View Post
    The only one I have heard of came out with an IBO of 341 I believe and that did not include what was on the string. Can't remember what the numbers were, but Crackers did one and posted it, but seems a little unfair since he is the master of tuning.
    Truth. I want to see some numbers from regular joes... and out of the box, loaded string with a hunting arrow. I'm specifically curious because of the huge IBO windows. Are we to expect high or low IBO? If they're hitting high specs... this bow is a contender for me, for sure. Hate to be so stuck on speed, I just have no issues with my current setup so I don't want to give up what I already have, either

  7. #7
    Well 2011 the SX-1 hit their specs, and they come in with the DL numbers spot on from what I have seen, witness, experienced and read so thats a bonus.

    Their numbers tend to be spot on as some other manufacturers are....and of course others arent

    I suspect the rush with 80% to be 3-4 fps second slower than the Sx-1.....you also have the option to be at 70% or 80%.
    Kevin Garceau

    Owner: G-Force Archery and Outdoors
    Custom high performance arrows built to your needs.
    I can help with any and all archery accessory needs at competitive pricing

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the CO elk woods
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Garceau View Post
    Well 2011 the SX-1 hit their specs, and they come in with the DL numbers spot on from what I have seen, witness, experienced and read so thats a bonus.

    Their numbers tend to be spot on as some other manufacturers are....and of course others arent

    I suspect the rush with 80% to be 3-4 fps second slower than the Sx-1.....you also have the option to be at 70% or 80%.
    Sure, but its an 8fps IBO window. Are they hitting high or low IBO? Are they hitting that # with a loaded or bare string? Seems like a lot of potential for variation... I'd love to see some real world speeds with a loaded string and hunting weight arrow. Soon enough we'll have some solid #s to go by

  9. #9
    I will get you some numbers this week....the rush, moxie and wrath with hunting arrows.

    But ya owe me a cold one.
    Kevin Garceau

    Owner: G-Force Archery and Outdoors
    Custom high performance arrows built to your needs.
    I can help with any and all archery accessory needs at competitive pricing

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the CO elk woods
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Garceau View Post
    I will get you some numbers this week....the rush, moxie and wrath with hunting arrows.

    But ya owe me a cold one.
    Awesome.

    I'll tell Karbon to get it right to you since he's in your neck of the woods. I'd send you a fresh Coors from Golden, CO, but USPS is quite slow this time of year

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    6,420
    I got these numbers posted by Kenny from TNT TV over on the SA forum. He may chime in, but thought you might be interested.



    "We got 316 on a 27.5/60 with a 300 gr arrow. Peep and loop installed. Wrath shot 309 at 28.5/60 with same arrow."
    Hoyt CS34

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Rockwall, Texas
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by AR&BOW View Post
    I got these numbers posted by Kenny from TNT TV over on the SA forum. He may chime in, but thought you might be interested.



    "We got 316 on a 27.5/60 with a 300 gr arrow. Peep and loop installed. Wrath shot 309 at 28.5/60 with same arrow."
    Was making sure those numbers got over here. On top of your game as always Shawn.
    "Just another fine day of grown men acting like 13 year olds over their bows" - Anonymous

  13. #13
    just got mine saturday from mike at persicion archery its 28.5 draw its 62lbs i shoot 350grains we were getting 295fp real happy with it,dead in hand bow came set up to specs put it in the drawing board and did not have to touch it ,i have a sx1 still love it to. really like would strothers is doing ,cant say enough the new cam is great ,i want to put them on my sx1 and the new cable slide ,the draw cycle and vally are prefect looking for a dealer give mike at percisicion a call he,s in nj

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    muskegon mi
    Posts
    7,932
    ttt
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,595
    67#, 347 grn arrow, 28.5" DL, 315 fps.. I would say that is just about where they are advertising their speeds.
    www.ltlacorn.com
    Authorized Dealer for:Strother Archery, Darton Archery, Predator Camo, Vapor Trail, Stokerized Stabilizers, Black Gold Sights, Lakewood Products (Bow Cases), Tru-Fire Releases, Spyderweb targets,First-Lite, LTL ACORN CAMERAS,Spot-Hogg, Reconyx,VORTEX Optics, Tightspot Quivers,Tenzing Packs,Sitka Clothing,

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    "Top of Utah"
    Posts
    3,304
    The two I just got in were coming in about 5-7 fps under what we expected at 28 and 30 inch dl's at 70 lbs... pulled them out of the box and gave them a rest, loop and a basic tune checking dl and dw to meet ATA(IBO)... I'd say it's an average draw cycle for the type of bow it is... the 30" dl has quite a bit of lean on the top cam, the 28 looks fine... one thing that does stand out is the finish work... these bows LOOK really good in hand. So far, they are not quite meeting what they say it'll do from what we've been able to do with them... I'll be able to play with them a bit more tomorrow.
    Hmmm... 335fps with a 32" a-a bow with a 7"bh? Tha's a smokin'! I won't complain for getting 342 out of it either! Bowtech Experience!
    TOP OF UTAH ARCHERY - Dealer for Bowtech, Diamond, PSEPro and Mainline, MATHEWS & MISSION (new) Martin, Rytera, Alpine, Bear, Parker, Browning, and a few more... Looking for something special? Let's deal!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Columbiaville, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    458
    g5 is doing their risers and limb finish

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    5,482
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyElkHntr View Post
    The two I just got in were coming in about 5-7 fps under what we expected at 28 and 30 inch dl's at 70 lbs... pulled them out of the box and gave them a rest, loop and a basic tune checking dl and dw to meet ATA(IBO)... I'd say it's an average draw cycle for the type of bow it is... the 30" dl has quite a bit of lean on the top cam, the 28 looks fine... one thing that does stand out is the finish work... these bows LOOK really good in hand. So far, they are not quite meeting what they say it'll do from what we've been able to do with them... I'll be able to play with them a bit more tomorrow.
    How was noise and vibration after the shot ,also average for the type of bow?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,279
    I have a Rush on order set up at 28.5"/50#.
    Any chance someone has ran this configuration thu a chrono yet?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •