Archery Talk Forum banner

strother rush speeds

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Spikealot 
#1 ·
shot the demo and loved it but was wondering if anyone has shot one with full set up and ran it throw a chronograph? arrow weight and speed would be nice.

#2 ·
Well I cant give arrow weight - but shooting them side by side to the SX-1 same DL and DW and exact same arrow it was only 2 or 3 FPS slower, but oh so much smoother.

Im guessing the smooth mods on the SX and the Rush set up will be the same.

#5 ·
The only one I have heard of came with an IBO of 341 I believe and that did not include what was on the string. Can't remember what the numbers were, but Crackers did one and posted it. . . . seems a little unfair though since he is the master of tuning.

#6 ·
The only one I have heard of came out with an IBO of 341 I believe and that did not include what was on the string. Can't remember what the numbers were, but Crackers did one and posted it, but seems a little unfair since he is the master of tuning.
Truth. I want to see some numbers from regular joes... and out of the box, loaded string with a hunting arrow. I'm specifically curious because of the huge IBO windows. Are we to expect high or low IBO? If they're hitting high specs... this bow is a contender for me, for sure. Hate to be so stuck on speed, I just have no issues with my current setup so I don't want to give up what I already have, either :)

#7 ·
Well 2011 the SX-1 hit their specs, and they come in with the DL numbers spot on from what I have seen, witness, experienced and read so thats a bonus.

Their numbers tend to be spot on as some other manufacturers are....and of course others arent :)

I suspect the rush with 80% to be 3-4 fps second slower than the Sx-1.....you also have the option to be at 70% or 80%.

#8 ·
Sure, but its an 8fps IBO window. Are they hitting high or low IBO? Are they hitting that # with a loaded or bare string? Seems like a lot of potential for variation... I'd love to see some real world speeds with a loaded string and hunting weight arrow. Soon enough we'll have some solid #s to go by :)

#9 ·
I will get you some numbers this week....the rush, moxie and wrath with hunting arrows.

But ya owe me a cold one.

#13 ·
just got mine saturday from mike at persicion archery its 28.5 draw its 62lbs i shoot 350grains we were getting 295fp real happy with it,dead in hand bow came set up to specs put it in the drawing board and did not have to touch it ,i have a sx1 still love it to. really like would strothers is doing ,cant say enough the new cam is great ,i want to put them on my sx1 and the new cable slide ,the draw cycle and vally are prefect looking for a dealer give mike at percisicion a call he,s in nj

#16 ·
The two I just got in were coming in about 5-7 fps under what we expected at 28 and 30 inch dl's at 70 lbs... pulled them out of the box and gave them a rest, loop and a basic tune checking dl and dw to meet ATA(IBO)... I'd say it's an average draw cycle for the type of bow it is... the 30" dl has quite a bit of lean on the top cam, the 28 looks fine... one thing that does stand out is the finish work... these bows LOOK really good in hand. So far, they are not quite meeting what they say it'll do from what we've been able to do with them... I'll be able to play with them a bit more tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.