Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best bow quiver?

Best bow quiver?

What is everyones favorite bow quiver and why. im looking for a new one and dont know what to get?

I have been a fan of the Treelimb Premium series quivers for two years now. Very tough quiver, easy to shoot with quiver on.

Tightspot silent and you can get it super close to the center line of the bow for balance.

My Tight spot is a great quiver but I also used the Alpine soft loc for many years and that was also very good.
    Mathews Chill X, QAD HDX, Spot Hogg, Tight Spot, Bee Stinger
    Bowtech Experience, TT Smackdown pro, Spot Hogg, Tight Spot, Bee Stinger
    Bowtech Tribute - Dads last bow now retired

Tightspot.

Tightspot for me too. I tried an Elite quiver to match my bow this year but I'm going back to the tightspot. A much better quiver. Sits much closer to the bow.

How is the truglo tru-tec 5 quiver. i had some suggest this too me and its half the price of the tight spot?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_3479 View Post
    How is the truglo tru-tec 5 quiver. i had some suggest this too me and its half the price of the tight spot?
    You know what they say...you get what you pay for....

My fav is the soft lock, they are cheap and functional. I have my quiver mounted on my back pack so I don't even use the soft lock bracket anymore. I also added a custom bungie strap that keeps the arrows from getting knocked loose when walking.

Alpine soft-loc is as good as it gets. plus good price.

I'll be using a quicky quiver that holds 3 arrows. Then again I dont shoot my bow with the quiver on always snap it off and hang it on the tree or tree stand.

Tightspot all the way! Super adjustable, sits as close as possible on the bow and it is one tough quiver! Besides, Joe and the guys at Tightspot are some of the nicest you will ever work with!
    Elite Archery Pro Staff - Winners Choice Pro Staff - Muzzy Pro Staff - Tightspot Pro Staff - BowAdx Pro Staff
    Professional Hunter & Guide - Outdoor Writer / BUNDU BOWSHOP - VRYHEID KZN

+1 for Tightspot. I have tried several others, but non compare to Tightspot. Very adjustable, very quit. I never take my quiver off anymore. Plus you can adjust the grip for each arrow individually, so you never have to worry about losing arrows.
    Hoyt Syder Turbo 29.5/70 410 grn at 306 fps
    Hoyt Spyder 34 29.5/70 510 grn at 266 fps

Fuse satori is the best hands down.

Tightspot................
    08 General 70# MossyOak Brush
    09 Elite GT500 70# AP
    10 Elite GT500 60# AT/AP

Here is a G5 compact riser mount 5 arrow on a Z7 Extreme. It sits so close I had to move it up a hair because it was hitting the sight bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
    My fav is the soft lock, they are cheap and functional. I have my quiver mounted on my back pack so I don't even use the soft lock bracket anymore. I also added a custom bungie strap that keeps the arrows from getting knocked loose when walking.
    I also have a soft lock and above is what is wrong with it. You have to strap the arrows on or watch it all the time as the arrows will fall out. Also they way it is locked in, the whole quiver can fall out. I was Elk hunting last year and a guy in another camp came by and asked us to be on the look out for his quiver as the whole thing fell off. I have found mine pulled out of one side numberous times.

Not even a contest

TS
    Hoyt RKT Matrix
    It's just a bow.. Shoot it
    Gut Piles Make Me Happy™

Quote Originally Posted by Dafis View Post
    I also have a soft lock and above is what is wrong with it. You have to strap the arrows on or watch it all the time as the arrows will fall out. Also they way it is locked in, the whole quiver can fall out. I was Elk hunting last year and a guy in another camp came by and asked us to be on the look out for his quiver as the whole thing fell off. I have found mine pulled out of one side numberous times.
    When I've used my soft-loc as a hip quiver, and I've been in thick brush, I've had the occasional arrow pop out of one gripper or the whole quiver pull out of one side of the mount. Not a big deal--I just keep an eye in it, or sometimes tie a dummy-cord to it if I know I will be in the thick stuff. Haven't had that problem when it is bow-mounted. IMHO, its the brush doing it, not a problem with the quiver itself. Arrows will get knocked loose no matter which quiver you are using in the brush. I've also found that using a camo cover over the vanes is a HUGE help to retain the arrows. Overall, I love my soft-loc.
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
    misadventuregear.com

If a quiver holds a arrow so tight brush won't knock the arrow out it is holding the arrow to tight for daily use. Secondly I shoot my hunting bow competively and quivers cause the bow to shoot differently when you take off the quiver so I have to resight my bow which I hate. That is why I like the soft loc because with my custom bungie that holds the arrows in during walking, that I can release in a heartbeat in the dark or walking to my tree and hear something coming. Also having the quiver mounted on my pack solves the problem of sighting in the bow for 3-d.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_3479 View Post
    What is everyones favorite bow quiver and why. im looking for a new one and dont know what to get?
    Are you going to hunt with in on or off? On..Tightspot, no question. Off, it really doesn't matter.

Didn't think I would like the tightspot but the proshop I went to said if you don't like it go ahead and bring it back and I will give you your money back so I put it on my invasion and I like it alot so far. Cost me $95 but hey it was worth it.
    13 Hoyt Carbon Element g3
    13 Hoyt Spyder Turbo

tightspot on order. excited to get it and try it out!

Tight Spot for the $$. TruGlo or Kwikie as back up

11-X Tight Spot ... If i had any complaints it would be the weight, but I've owned heavier quivers in the past... Now if you get a 2012 TS quiver they did some work on lighten up a bit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast