Thread: Excalibur, Excel String vs Flemish Dyna Flight.

Excalibur, Excel String vs Flemish Dyna Flight.

Excalibur, Excel String vs Flemish Dyna Flight?

Looking for the Pro's and Con's of both strings?

I'm switching from the stock Dacron Flemish string, being my first, and wanted some time with one as I got used to my Nox and all its workings. I was given an Excel string and a Dyna Fast flight string and I'm curious what one is the best one to put on now...?

Thanks

Excel is slower but quieter and the FF string is the opposite if I remember correctly...What bow do you have?Carved tip or the new tipped limbs?

Well...I don't know but I would like to know the answer as well. Good question.

You can't use the FFF string on a carved tip bow, they take specific string only for carved tip.
    The excel is more stretchy and more forgiving if dry fired ...less damage to bow.but produces slower fps with arrow.

So what is the typical FPS gain over the Standard vs the Excel vs the FF Flemish?

15-17 fps.

The excel is the standard stiring that comes with them now.

FFF is harder to break in than Excel. If you put a new FFF on, twist it up so string at rest is 1/2" above high bheight mark and shoot it either a lot or leave it cocked overnight or both.
    Illigitimus non Carborundum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post
    Excel is slower but quieter and the FF string is the opposite if I remember correctly...What bow do you have?Carved tip or the new tipped limbs?
    ive used both strings on my excal exomax and i couldnt tell a difference in noise at all. the excel is much slower though. imo the fff string is the better choice.
    Elite Z28
    Bear Archery Attack
    Stryker SZ380

you want a flemish string made from bo in canada .there quieter and faster. go to excalibur web site,you should find him there .they also last twice as long too
    Rocket ,Trophy Ridge ,Stryker Crossbows

Put on the FF Flemish on today. Shot it in, and after 35-40 arrows, looks like the creep is about 98% out now. Its been very stable over last 10 shots or so. I did a decibel test today,(Phone App) and there was only a 2-3 dB difference between the Darcon string & the FF Flemish. The Darcon being slightly quieter. But the duration of the noise was way less with the FF Flemish. Less Twannnnnngggggg sound. More like A Twaang sound with the FFF. Haven't sighted it in yet ,to determined the speed gain, but it does seem faster at the 5 yards I stretched it at. Going to sight it back in and adjust the speed gap tomorrow.

Keep us posted with your results.

Good luck Steve I'm using the JBK custom string which would be similar to the FFF.
    Also your brace height will give you more noise and speed , I don't know how much of either.

boo ties in string muffs with his strings,,,,,,,,,
    Rocket ,Trophy Ridge ,Stryker Crossbows

So far the FF Flemish string is very nice. All the creep is now out, and the speed gain over the Dacron Flemish string was approx 12-13fps (According to my scope speed dial) with my 2219's. (465 grains) The speed is plenty fast enough for me around the high 330's now. Spent about an hour shooting at 50 yards and was grouping the size of a tennis ball the whole time. I really like how less the string vibrates after the shot is fired. A lot crisper sound.

That is great Steve, I think your speed increase guess using your scope dial is pretty close in my opinion. That's cool

17fps???... am I missing something here? Gain 17fps by changing your string? No brainer from where I sit!
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr RamCats, & Firenocks. Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

330+fps with a 465 grain arrow out of an Equinox? Something does'nt sound right? Just wondering...

I shot mine today with a 432 grain arrow at 322 fps with a stock string. BTW, I'ts 8 fps faster than my Tenpoint Turbo.
    Middleton 330 SS, agingcrossbower stock, Leupold VX-R 2-7x33, custom RH string
    Middleton 355 SS blackout, Matrix stock, Eotech Xbow red dot, custom RH string
    TenPoint Venom, Leupold VX-R 3-9x40

All I can say its over 330 according to the speed dial on my Lumi-Zone Scope. (Approx half way between the 325 and 350 adjustment mark) And they do weight 465 gains (+/- 2 too 3 grains over a Doz 2219 RZR). Now, maybe the dial is off some...? (not perfectly calibrated) But, I have a buddy shooting exactly the same X-Bow, Scope, String and Bolts, and his is real close to mine according to his speed dial. I could go by my local pro shop and chrono it, but I try not to go there unless I really have to. And even then.....

My Brace High is 1 3/16" (From the end of the rail, to the face of the string) I gained 2 fps by adding an 1/8" to it. This is what I was told is a good brace high, but I'm still learning about mine to find the perfect high...?

With a 150 gr. Tip fff string , you should expect 325fps. With 465gr. Arrow.

That's total weight

Oops that's for a 2216, your 2219,s should be around 450 something grains with a 100 gr. Tip and would be at 325 fps.

Speed dial on scope is an est. they have built in. A chrony is best way to ck.
    Miss Vixen Blk. T-hole model Terror of all Tick Toters
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings