a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cracked Corn v. Whole Corn?

Cracked Corn v. Whole Corn?

Just dropped alotta money on feed and blocks. The feed store ran out of whole corn so i bought cracked. the guy at the checkout said deer prefer whole.

looks like it would spread better and make the deer work to find the pieces. I had them go through 50lbs in 24 hours!
    Any difference in its attractiveness? Just wanted to see if i wasted my money or not.

thanks in advance!
    Its not about the kill, its the path you take to get there.

The cracked corn will be just fine. I saw a deer nibble on a turd once so that'll be an upgrade.

They'll eat it for sure, problem is every bird in North America will find it first.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference....Marines dont have that problem." Ronald Reagan
    09 PSE GX6, Sword sight, Limbdriver Pro, Doinker, Easton epicnfused, Muzzy Broadheads
    Deerview Mirror Prostaff

Shouldn't be any difference.

50lbs in 24hrs? You need to get a timed feeder.

They'll eat it.....if the birds don't get it all.

You're good to go.
    If it looks like crap, smells like crap, tastes like crap, lies like crap; it’s more than likely a politician from Illinois.

I prefer to use canned corn
    "Hardships are quickly forgotten. Intense heat, bitter cold, rain and snow, fatigue, and luckless hunting fade quickly into memories of great fellowship, thoughts of beautiful country, pleasant camps, and happy campfires." -Fred Bear

ur fine!

I have to be the dissenting opinion in this crowd. My experinces have shown that they MUCH prefer whole corn. I have had cracked corn just sit in the feeder and mold, but as soon as I cleared it out and put whole corn back they emptied the feeder.

You will be better off with cracked. I tried the while corn deal once. 1 Doe stood infront of my camera like a Hoover vac and sucked up almost the whole bag. Cracked makes them hunt for it.

A-OK with shelled...we use cobbed corn where there alot of turkeys...and shelled where there is not...we use food plots whenever we can however some places we hunt there is no plottable ground so we go to piles with my "special mix" and minerals all year round...like a mini plot...since you are in NY and get snow PLEASE try to feed them through the winter until spring greens start to pop up...they really get used to the easy food...especially during hard winters. good luck!!!
    Proudly KILLING whitetail deer...trail camera free, without scent containment clothing and with the use of mechanical broad heads since 1993!!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/buckchasers?ref=hl
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    I'm going to Africa this year, and I want to kill one. Just because I can, and I get off on killing things.

Quote Originally Posted by wisbooner3932 View Post
    I prefer to use canned corn
    i here they liked cream corn the most

i wouldn't use it if Jimmy cracked it...
    Team 11- Caped & Quartered

Yes, we're just that good.

Quote Originally Posted by QS34Reaper View Post
    A-OK with shelled...we use cobbed corn where there alot of turkeys...and shelled where there is not...we use food plots whenever we can however some places we hunt there is no plottable ground so we go to piles with my "special mix" and minerals all year round...like a mini plot...since you are in NY and get snow PLEASE try to feed them through the winter until spring greens start to pop up...they really get used to the easy food...especially during hard winters. good luck!!!
    Feeding deer is illegal in NY, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by AmishArcher View Post
    i wouldn't use it if Jimmy cracked it...
    If Jimmy cracked it, I don't care.
    KCCO

Cracked corn will be a lot if dust in it thus your getting less corn for your money

slayer of deer via tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    If Jimmy cracked it, I don't care.
    only if his master's gone away
    Team 11- Caped & Quartered

Yes, we're just that good.

Yeah it will set and mold and clump up in most feeders. I would just spread it by hand until you get some of the whole
    Hoyt Element RKT Max1 Camo, Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo on order!!

The deer where I hunt prefer whole corn. they will eat cracked but not as fast as whole
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

My brother puts cracked in front of his camera and it works great. Corn is corn. They will eat it.
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

Ear corn works the best if you just putting it on the ground. They have to chew it off the cob so it lasts a lot longer.
    Destroyer 350, Reconyx Cameras, food plots =death

Cracked corn will work but everything else will visit your feed sight to include about 1000 black birds which sucks. They can put a hurting on cracked corn fast and the turkeys too. Cracked corn will also mildew and turn rancid much faster than whole corn if you live in a high humidity or snowy environment. I dont use cracked here in Florida because it rots too fast and stops up the gravity feeders with all the dust and small pieces that get wet and clump up.
    Venison its whats for dinner
    "BREATHN Tuned" Stevens Prevailer 28.5" DL 70lbs .300 spine Black Eagle Rampages 434 Grain @ 291 FPS. Limb Driver, Hindsight Equalizer, Trophyridge Micro Alpha V5, B-stinger 10.25", Scott Sabertooth, Slicktrick Razortricks and Steelforce Phatheads

This thread is cornier than Oprahs stool after a 4th of July party!

Quote Originally Posted by PassYoungBucks View Post
    They'll eat it for sure, problem is every bird in North America will find it first.
    Exact reason i wont use cracked corn.

This thread explains why I see deer in the woods with lighters.
    PSE Proshop LiteSpeed - Trophy Taker Pronghorn - Limbsaver S-Coil - Tru-Fire & Fletchhunter Wrist Release - Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Hunter Plus
    pathfinderfishandgame.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast