Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Exodus swept wing broadheads

I have 2 new packs of Exodus heads to play with when I get this demolition project finished. I still have plenty Razor Tricks just in case but the Exodus heads are looking good, at least up to 350 fps.
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE BUT.......

I'm hoping to get back to shooting Exodus fixed 3 blade 100 grain heads next week. So far they've given me no reason to stop testing them. I love the head's short steel body because it minimizes the wobbly long aluminum body head's problems. As stated earlier, I've shot these heads through 3/4" plywood at 350 fps and they blast through it without body or blade bending or blades coming loose. At 345 fps, using Laser II's, these bad boys are right with field points to exteneded distances. At 375 fps I noticed a slight widening of the POI from field points out at 40 to 50 yards. That's where I'm going to pick back up with shooting, trying several different arrow shaft materials, and then , hopefully, on up to 380+ fps.
    MOON

Let the testing begin Moon....Tom will be cheering you on from his "corner" of the basement. I am curious about the Exodus heads because I have not shot them yet. If their the real deal,let us know !

Wapster, I don't have the fortitude ole Tom does:-) He's a crossbow broadhead testing trick The older I get the better "simple" is. The only thing that I did not like about the Razor Tricks I have hunted with for 3 years is that the main blades could be moved a tiny bit out of perfect alignment. Other than that I would not even be looking at another broadhead. The Exodus 3 blade seems to be (so far) one bullet proof head. With a zillion heads on the market, it's kind of silly saying one head is the best but we can find the head that best suits our needs. I want to spend my time hunting with a head I don't have to worry about.
    MOON

I'm now convinced that the Exodus 3 blade 100's will be on my arrows this fall. After a few months of shooting them out of 4 different crossbows from 317 fps to 350 fps, using the highly popular and reasonably priced Gold Tip laser II's, I'm sticking with them until something comes up that may be better (IMO). The Exodus heads are tough as hell, the blades don't fall off when unscrewing the heads from the shaft and they equal the Razor Tricks in same POI as field/target points. One of the main features I like about the head is its super short body. These heads screw on straight and wobble free. If you are a fixed blade broadhead fan, give this head a shot and see what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

Been doing some additional testing/playing/shooting of these heads with some new (for me) vane setups and I've decided that the Exodus heads will replace the Razor Tricks, at least for this coming hunting season. The Exodus swept blade heads' short bodies are one of the main features that I like. One annoyance of the Razor Tricks was the main blade rocking off center a bit which does affect POI out at 40 yards. Now all I have to do is put the Exodus through a deer for the final test. I'll still be hunting some with the Bass Pro Gator expandables when I'm hunting with the Stryker 380, just for the fun of it. I'll be hunting mostly with the 350.
    MOON

Moon I am going to be picking up a pack of these heads and see how they fly at about 400 fps. I looked at them and yes I am starting to think that the short profile of the head might be what makes them accurate and lessens the chance of a lot of drag on the blads which kills our accuracy.

I will keep you posted and hope to pick up some of these heads and give them a try next week or so. I will keep you updated.

Brian

What arrows are you shooting?
    MOON

SO far my most accurate arrow I am shooting is going to be Dorges aerobolt with his aerovane II's. SO I will be shooting his arrows.

Brian

Brian, sorry, I believe I asked you that before. It's an old age thing
    MOON

I've been testing some new vane setups that, to date, are very promising in my effort to more easily get field points and broadheads to shoot the same POI out to extended crossbow hunting shot distances. I'm using GT laser II's, CX Blue Streaks and Easton FMJ's. The fixed blade 100 grain broadheads I'm using are the 3 blade Thunderhead, a head that's been used for years, and the relatively new 3 blade QAD Exodus swept blade head.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

Moon, what is the offset and helical as there seems to be a good bit here.

Who makes those max hunter ? Is it Fusions?

Brian

AAE is the company that makes those vanes but I'm also doing the same thing with 2.1" Fusions and eventually I'll be doing the same with Blazers to see if I can determine any differences. I've modified my Bitz jig to be able to increase the offset. That little hump on the front part of the AAE vane is interesting. With lots of helical offset I think it may increase the vane's steering effect more so than with vanes that don't have the hump. Not sure yet:-)

You know the old saying "there's more than one way to skin a rabbit" I think there are ways to get very good and consistent broadhead accuracy without spending a fortune.

BTW, these QAD Exodus heads are really cool and, man, they shoot good! Not worried about any wobbling effect that long bodied broadheads show if the inserts are not perfectly aligned.
    MOON

Nice Report which works best (F.p and b.heads POI) with high offset.

Thanks!

milan.
    Milan

The goal is to have them both shoot to the same POI....without having to fool with rotating shafts trying to find the "just right" spot.
    MOON

Moon, was curious if you have ever tried the NAP Nitrons ? The 125gn. version is the only one being produced now, but 100gn. Nitrons can be found.
    TenPoint Phantom, Black Eagle Executioners
    NAP 100gn. Nitron Broadheads
    Burris, Leupold Optics, XB30
    Black Widow Deer Lures Pro Staff
    NRA Life Member, Molon Labe, Bravo Zulu Team VI

202gwg, I don't know if I could be of assistance however, after reading the question you asked Moon, I went over to the shop and put one of the Nitron 125 grain heads I have onto one of my Maxima Hunter bolts and wet out and shot it. Using the crossbow that I have, a Covert SLS, the Nitron hit the Bulls-Eye no problems. Just thought I would add that for you.

202, no.......not yet:-)
    MOON

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlybear01 View Post
    202gwg, I don't know if I could be of assistance however, after reading the question you asked Moon, I went over to the shop and put one of the Nitron 125 grain heads I have onto one of my Maxima Hunter bolts and wet out and shot it. Using the crossbow that I have, a Covert SLS, the Nitron hit the Bulls-Eye no problems. Just thought I would add that for you.
    Yeah , thanks. I already know how accurate they are. That is what I'm shooting now & plan on as long as I can get them. The NAP guy's told me at the ATA show, the Nitron is their best head nobody bought. Sure hope they don't discontinue them.

I just thought Moon may want to try them in his search for accuracy with a broadhead.

I just took a peep and the Nitron looks a lot like the Slick Tricks. I have the utmost respect for NAP heads and I have tons of Scorpions (old design), Thunderheads in all weights and Spitfires, including the all stainless 170 grain jobs. So many heads and so many so close in design to others....it's amazing that they all can even stay in business:-). Kind of like camo clothing.

The thing that's unique about the QAD Exodus head is its super short body with the blades actually sitting over the shaft instead of being stuck out in front of the shaft. That's what initially caught my eye.
    MOON

I saw the Exodus at the ATA & handled them also. The design caught my attention too, they're a cool looking head...But I'm partial to NAP heads.

I'm going to shoot what works best for me, no matter the brand name:-)

You know, it really gets expensive, and wasteful to a degree, testing and comparing various broadhead designs. I have drawers full of heads I probably will never use. Maybe I could carry them to a few local 3D shoots to try to sell them, and put prices on them they can't resist

I parted ways with 4" vanes about 5 years ago. Tried to sell them (give them away) at local archery shoots and I had to literally give them away to get rid of them.
    MOON

Moon everyone needs to have something fun to do and archery sounds like a good place to waste our money at whatever level you choose to spend. I don't spend money on anything else for pleasure except fishing. I think you'll agree ......it's what we do.

In new york they might not be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by giannid View Post
    H & S archer, I think the ramcat is a good head. I have 6 of them on hand and shoot them often. But I do think the exodus is a better flying head and less of a pain with them damn screws on the ramcat which strip out easily!
    smoke ,,, ramcats are being upgraded this year, will be out around may-june

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast