Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PA late archery season starts monday

PA late archery season starts monday

is any pennsylvania hunters still seeing any rutting activity with late archery season starting? Im hunting a big farm monday and was wondering what tactics you all use when hunting late season whitetails. especially if there is still 2nd rut activity going on.

I haven't noticed any rutting activity here. I have been seeing deer though so hopefully I can fill a tag or two.

I beleive now is the time the deer are on the feed. If you have a food source still up that's the place you should go.

good luck! Heading out Wed

Koz
    Just a burnt out bow junkie

all the corn fields are cut down, but the one near where im hunting has some green clover/alfalfa looking stuff growing.. cant tell what it is, but there are some big deer tracks along the edge of it. so im guessing they are eating that

I'll be out just about everyday, pending on weather. I'm laid off

I am trying to get out sometime this week.

Don't get discouraged about rutting activity. Soon another estrous cycle will be coming in with a lot if this falls fawns going into their first heat cycle. I think past hunting pressure and upcoming pressure will be the biggest movement suppressor, especially in special regulation areas.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

no, i see no rut activity in wmu2g clinton county.heck, its hard to see doe let alone a buck.
    i cant see killing doe this late as they will have fawn in oven.
    but monday the a hole doe fill freezer clowns will be out.

bucks are losing their horns.
    this started last week, i saw bucks on my privateland with 1 horn.

wow that seems kind of early that they are losing their horns, usually not till mid to late january isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by sproulman View Post
    no, i see no rut activity in wmu2g clinton county.heck, its hard to see doe let alone a buck.
    i cant see killing doe this late as they will have fawn in oven.
    but monday the a hole doe fill freezer clowns will be out.

bucks are losing their horns.
    this started last week, i saw bucks on my privateland with 1 horn.
    And I guess the killers in camo diapers will be out too?????? lol
    And why are people a-holes if they are shooting doe? You have to be the most negative and ignorant person on here. You make me wanna buy a 2g tag next season just to come up there and shoot a doe just to piss you off. lol
    Owner of Spittler's European Mounts
    Hoyt Carbon Element RKT
    HHA Optimizer-Lite Ultra, QAD HDX Rest, NAP Apache Stabilizer
    Beman MFX, Spitfire 100 grain

I have seen some activity in 4c. Saw 2 small bucks chasing does Friday night spotting.
    Hoyt Carbon Element RKT

Quote Originally Posted by flyfan78 View Post
    wow that seems kind of early that they are losing their horns, usually not till mid to late january isnt it?
    yeah its a little earlier then normal. Neighbor saw some bucks chasing doe last day of rifle that dropped their antlers.
    Hoyt Carbon Element RKT

Quote Originally Posted by flyfan78 View Post
    if i knew how to put my trail camera pics on you could see horns coming off bucks on my privateland and dates.i dont hunt bucks there so i had some good pics of bucks this year.

if i knew how to put my trail camera pics on you could see horns coming off bucks on my privateland and dates.i dont hunt bucks there so i had some good pics of bucks this year.
    You dont shoot doe. But you have trail cams out taking pics on land where you dont hunt bucks? Probably should put those cameras in areas where u hunt and it might help you find a spot where you will see deer. Just sayin.........
    Hoyt Carbon Element RKT

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Spittler View Post
    And why are people a-holes if they are shooting doe? You have to be the most negative and ignorant person on here. You make me wanna buy a 2g tag next season just to come up there and shoot a doe just to piss you off. lol
    if you dont know,something wrong with you.

you know that doe have fawns .clean out doe and out comes fawn.

yes, that takes great hunter to do that.
    piss me off because i am trying to save what doe we have here so we have deer to hunt in future.

did you know that hunters from your area got 3 doe and got tag for 2g to kill another.
    you folks are just disgusting.

You dont shoot doe. But you have trail cams out taking pics on land where you dont hunt bucks? Probably should put those cameras in areas where u hunt and it might help you find a spot where you will see deer. Just sayin.........
    boy, you are something. try putting a camera out on stateforestland.it will not last 2 days.
    keep it coming, 46 yrs hunting ,you may find question i cant answer.

I don't even have to read Sprouls posts anymore to know what they're going to say.

if you dont know,something wrong with you.

you know that doe have fawns .clean out doe and out comes fawn.

yes, that takes great hunter to do that.
    piss me off because i am trying to save what doe we have here so we have deer to hunt in future.

did you know that hunters from your area got 3 doe and got tag for 2g to kill another.
    you folks are just disgusting.
    Show how ignorant you are! We can only get 2 tags for 4c cause they get sold out.
    Hoyt Carbon Element RKT

i have no problem with anyone shooting doe in area like yours if you have too many doe.
    but to come into wmu2g ,after you got 1 to 3 doe in your area,THEN kill a doe in my hunting area that has maybe 3 doe left,THAT IS A -HOLE DOE FILL FREEZER PEOPLE I SEE COMING TO CAMP THIS WEEK.

Quote Originally Posted by nicko View Post
    I don't even have to read Sprouls posts anymore to know what they're going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by nicko View Post
    its almost to the point of the block. The posts are getting that bad. I would hate to live my life with such negativity.

i have no problem with anyone shooting doe in area like yours if you have too many doe.
    but to come into wmu2g ,after you got 1 to 3 doe in your area,THEN kill a doe in my hunting area that has maybe 3 doe left,THAT IS A -HOLE DOE FILL FREEZER PEOPLE I SEE COMING TO CAMP THIS WEEK.
    How can they be coming up their to fill tags? U been saying there are "no deer". And i bet all the muzzleloader hunters will be poaching with inlines. lol
    Hoyt Carbon Element RKT

Show how ignorant you are! We can only get 2 tags for 4c cause they get sold out.
    was not sure your area.ok,2 doe you got .ones that shot 2 doe where i hunt each had 3 doe already from i believe allegheny county.i gave them my opinion of them too .

you think thats right, i save a few doe in my hunting area, in comes the A-HOLES who already got 2 doe or more and shoot another doe in area that has few and say, SPROUL AFTER WE CLEAN THEM OUT WE WILL JUST MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE.

thats new hunter i am seeing coming to camp this week.

How can they be coming up their to fill tags? U been saying there are "no deer". And i bet all the muzzleloader hunters will be poaching with inlines. lol
    inlines can be noticed .there is different sound between them and flintlock.
    yes, i have heard in-lines go off in late season.
    most are on PRIVATELAND .

Food Source.

Sproulman is actually right guys.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast