Archery Talk Forum banner

Sleeping Quarters in a Pick-up Bed??

17K views 39 replies 32 participants last post by  Ricky 2feathers 
#1 ·
Anyone got any pics or ideas??

#30 ·
I always made a frame out of 1x2 covered it with 3/8 plywood and carpet lid opened to store camping gear. I would sleep on a foam pad made out of foam mattress pad cut in half and stacked. the box would just cover the wheel well and be about half as wide as the bed. had room on other side of bed for deer cart, climber and big cooler. nice and comfy, warm too.

#39 ·
There are carpet kits earlier in this thread. I built one in the back of my last pickup. It is awesome. I could take it out in about 5 minutes, and the middle dropped down so you could still put stuff in there. I liked the fact, that I could have it like a bed platform, and keep stuff hidden out of sight. I had it setup with a matching canopy, and a pass through boot (no window between cab and canopy). I only ran the windows out through summer and hunting season. But, if you set it up like this one, I used nice thick carpet (cheap), used a carpet stapler (rent one) to cut and tuck the carpet onto the wood. I used two layers of foam(rebon) carpet pad, on the areas I would lay on, and everything else, was cushion less. It was a good day building it, but it was awesome. Check out another guys build here. Step by step pictures. You can then hang tarp off the back, with poles and stakes. There are a ton of links on there too on other builds.

http://www.yotatech.com/f2/tacoma-sleeping-platform-carpet-kit-camping-setup-220913/

#40 ·
I built mine like the one in the video! Slide out top that you can stack all your camping gear on top of while traveling and then place undernweath your bed while sleeping. Be suprised on all you can still haul and still have a twin bed underneath!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.