Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: easton carbon injexions

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    4,234

    easton carbon injexions

    does anybody make a broadhead adaptor for these yet?
    I want to use these arrows when I need to go to a 340 spine which is soon since I need to change to a 28" draw.
    like I said I like these arrows a lot but I dont want to have to use a different broadhead other than my muzzys since I have used them ever since I started bowhunting and I have proven them and really liked them a bunch.
    also does the VAP penetrator inserts have the same dia. so they'll fit the easton shafts.
    I wouldnt mind using the thunderheads but easton ought to be smart enough to make their own broadhead adaptor or else they will have people buying carbon express maxima blue streak arrows and/or victory's vap shafts instead since they cant use the broadhead they have used and know it does well.
    I want to change shafts because I know those arrows will give me greater penetration than my FMJ's will since theyre skinnier.



    thanks for any replies to it,
    Clint
    Elite Z28 Snow 65#: Easton Bowfire, Muzzy, Qad, Black Gold, X-factor
    Elite Energy 35:Elite Ultra rest, black gold, easton injexion, x-factor
    Elite Answer *ninja*: QAD, Black Gold, Injexion, Muzzy
    Elite Energy 32 80#


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chester Co, PA
    Posts
    6,274
    NAP has BH's out there (I have 6 DS Spitfires) and Muzzy will release one soon.
    NBA Eclipse 70# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Rampages w FF Vanes/Exodus/Black Gold Ascent/Axion Pulse
    PSE Freak 64# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Carnivores/Grave Digger/BG Ascent/Axion Pulse
    Thunderhorn Longbow 64# @ 32"/ Arrow Dynamic Trad Arrows
    John's Custom Strings

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    6,428
    Muzzy is coming out with a head for these and you will probably see several other mfg doing the same. Would love to try these arrows out, but will wait to see when more heads become available.
    Hoyt CS34

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    6,193
    When I first saw these coming out awhile back, Easton was going to offer 2 types of inserts for them. Is that not the case anymore? You had the deep six insert for the special broadheads but they had, in my opinion, a better option. It was an insert that fit the micro diameter obviously but it fit like a standard insert with the end of the insert covering the end of the arrow shaft. Which is the Axis one drawback, the end of the shaft starts to splinter after moderate use.

    If they're still going to have that insert you can use whatever head you want. Thats the route I was going to go when these came out.
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    22,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Q2DEATH View Post
    When I first saw these coming out awhile back, Easton was going to offer 2 types of inserts for them. Is that not the case anymore? You had the deep six insert for the special broadheads but they had, in my opinion, a better option. It was an insert that fit the micro diameter obviously but it fit like a standard insert with the end of the insert covering the end of the arrow shaft. Which is the Axis one drawback, the end of the shaft starts to splinter after moderate use.

    If they're still going to have that insert you can use whatever head you want. Thats the route I was going to go when these came out.
    Every slim arrow that I've used that uses an insert outside or over the end of the shaft like you describe, the inserts (outserts) have all bent or broken off over time. I tried the VAP's, TR Crush, and GT Kinetics, and all their inserts didn't work worth a crap for long. I ditched the VAP's (not as accurate as other arrows), and now use HIT's in my Crush and Kinetics. I've only had one Axis shaft split on the end, and that was with a Striker Magnum BH that pushed one of the blades backwards through the brass washer and split the end of the shaft. All the others I've been shooting for years now without any issues with HIT's.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    6,193
    Quote Originally Posted by 5MilesBack View Post
    Every slim arrow that I've used that uses an insert outside or over the end of the shaft like you describe, the inserts (outserts) have all bent or broken off over time. I tried the VAP's, TR Crush, and GT Kinetics, and all their inserts didn't work worth a crap for long. I ditched the VAP's (not as accurate as other arrows), and now use HIT's in my Crush and Kinetics. I've only had one Axis shaft split on the end, and that was with a Striker Magnum BH that pushed one of the blades backwards through the brass washer and split the end of the shaft. All the others I've been shooting for years now without any issues with HIT's.
    I'm not talking about outsets. I'm talking about the standard flush fitting insert you see on all other normal diameter shafts.
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    22,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Q2DEATH View Post
    I'm not talking about outsets. I'm talking about the standard flush fitting insert you see on all other normal diameter shafts.
    That's impossible with the slim diameter shafts unless you redesign all the FP's and BH's with a much smaller diameter shank to fit inside that insert (which it appears is what Easton has done with their deep six). As it is.......the inside of the Axis type shafts is exactly the same size diameter (.204") as the shanks on FP's and BH's, that's why they use the HIT's. Otherwise the insert has to be on the outside of the shaft like the VAP's, Kinetics, and TR shafts.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    midlothian,va
    Posts
    15,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignition kid View Post
    does anybody make a broadhead adaptor for these yet?
    I want to use these arrows when I need to go to a 340 spine which is soon since I need to change to a 28" draw.
    like I said I like these arrows a lot but I dont want to have to use a different broadhead other than my muzzys since I have used them ever since I started bowhunting and I have proven them and really liked them a bunch.
    also does the VAP penetrator inserts have the same dia. so they'll fit the easton shafts.
    I wouldnt mind using the thunderheads but easton ought to be smart enough to make their own broadhead adaptor or else they will have people buying carbon express maxima blue streak arrows and/or victory's vap shafts instead since they cant use the broadhead they have used and know it does well.
    I want to change shafts because I know those arrows will give me greater penetration than my FMJ's will since theyre skinnier.

    thanks for any replies to it,
    Clint
    You'll be hard pressed to distinguish the difference in penetration on game animals between Axis, Injexion and A/C/C's. The broadhead opens a large channel and blood lubricates the shaft. A small diameter shaft does concentrate an arrows momentum into a smaller area. But with all the variables in play when an arrow hits an animal like a deer I don't think it's possible to identify the penetration differences, if there are any, among the previously mentioned diameter shafts. I expect things like non-vented versus vented blades would have a greater effect as well as subtle differences in the shape of similar broadheads.

    Foam targets are terrible at measuring the penetration potential of different diameter shafts into an animal. Foam squeezes the shaft to stop it's forward progress. On a game animal the arrow shaft is virtually frictionless as it follows the broadhead through an animal.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table."
    PSE Phenom, Supra ME, DNA SP
    Stan ShootOff and JustX releases for hunting, foam and paper!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Mount Vernon, Missouri
    Posts
    2,132
    The Deep Six insert for them is a normal type of insert. It's not a HIT or an outsert. So they did redesign the broad heads and field points for these type of inserts. NAP and Muzzy have already came out with the smaller shank. The Deep Six insert will be available for all the shafts that previously took the HIT. Check out their catalog on their website. Page 5 of 41.

    Quote Originally Posted by 5MilesBack View Post
    That's impossible with the slim diameter shafts unless you redesign all the FP's and BH's with a much smaller diameter shank to fit inside that insert (which it appears is what Easton has done with their deep six). As it is.......the inside of the Axis type shafts is exactly the same size diameter (.204") as the shanks on FP's and BH's, that's why they use the HIT's. Otherwise the insert has to be on the outside of the shaft like the VAP's, Kinetics, and TR shafts.
    Bowfreaks Archery, LLC 417-466-4797 find me on facebook
    Authorized Hoyt, Mathews, Mission, Obsession, PSE, Strother, Fuse, Muddy, Black Gold, Easton, Beman, GoldTip, Carbon Express, Scott, TruBall, Tru-Fire, Ripcord, Trophy Taker, Covert, Bowfinger, Tight Spot,and Tree Limb dealer.
    Advanced Bowstrings Staff

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chester Co, PA
    Posts
    6,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowfreak View Post
    The Deep Six insert for them is a normal type of insert. It's not a HIT or an outsert. So they did redesign the broad heads and field points for these type of inserts. NAP and Muzzy have already came out with the smaller shank. The Deep Six insert will be available for all the shafts that previously took the HIT. Check out their catalog on their website. Page 5 of 41.
    Yes, they are called the Deep Six RPS steel insert. I have a dozen and have 6 GT Kinetics made up with the new DS RPS inserts. The inserts look nice and strong. The down side is that you have to use different BH's. NAP sent me 6 DS Spitfires and 6 Big Nasty BH's. They are in my quiver and ready to draw blood during the second season. Muzzy announced that they will also have one as well as some other manufacturers. Since the ferrule on the BH is slimmer, they claimed to have made it stronger with a better alloy and engineering. I guess we will see.
    NBA Eclipse 70# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Rampages w FF Vanes/Exodus/Black Gold Ascent/Axion Pulse
    PSE Freak 64# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Carnivores/Grave Digger/BG Ascent/Axion Pulse
    Thunderhorn Longbow 64# @ 32"/ Arrow Dynamic Trad Arrows
    John's Custom Strings

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    6,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowfreak View Post
    The Deep Six insert for them is a normal type of insert. It's not a HIT or an outsert. So they did redesign the broad heads and field points for these type of inserts. NAP and Muzzy have already came out with the smaller shank. The Deep Six insert will be available for all the shafts that previously took the HIT. Check out their catalog on their website. Page 5 of 41.
    Thank you! I knew I wasn't just seeing things I was a little off in my explanation.
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    22,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowfreak View Post
    So they did redesign the broad heads and field points for these type of inserts.
    Just as they would have to. But now you'll have FP's and BH's all with shanks the same size as the original threading on them.......thereby making them weaker. I've tested a lot of current BH's and have had a few of them break right where the shank meets the start of the smaller thread part. Unless they make the shanks a lot stronger, I could see it happening more frequently now.....but right where the BH seats on the insert with the smaller diameter shank.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Mount Vernon, Missouri
    Posts
    2,132
    From what I have read they are making them stronger. Change the alloy or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by 5MilesBack View Post
    Just as they would have to. But now you'll have FP's and BH's all with shanks the same size as the original threading on them.......thereby making them weaker. I've tested a lot of current BH's and have had a few of them break right where the shank meets the start of the smaller thread part. Unless they make the shanks a lot stronger, I could see it happening more frequently now.....but right where the BH seats on the insert with the smaller diameter shank.
    Bowfreaks Archery, LLC 417-466-4797 find me on facebook
    Authorized Hoyt, Mathews, Mission, Obsession, PSE, Strother, Fuse, Muddy, Black Gold, Easton, Beman, GoldTip, Carbon Express, Scott, TruBall, Tru-Fire, Ripcord, Trophy Taker, Covert, Bowfinger, Tight Spot,and Tree Limb dealer.
    Advanced Bowstrings Staff

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chester Co, PA
    Posts
    6,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowfreak View Post
    From what I have read they are making them stronger. Change the alloy or something.
    Yes they are, plus they will be surrounded by a steel insert which should also improve strength.
    NBA Eclipse 70# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Rampages w FF Vanes/Exodus/Black Gold Ascent/Axion Pulse
    PSE Freak 64# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Carnivores/Grave Digger/BG Ascent/Axion Pulse
    Thunderhorn Longbow 64# @ 32"/ Arrow Dynamic Trad Arrows
    John's Custom Strings

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    22,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowfreak View Post
    From what I have read they are making them stronger. Change the alloy or something.
    My opinion is that if they have the ability to make them stronger to start with, why wait until they make them smaller to do so? I guess cost savings instead of producing the best that you can to start with.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Smithville, TX
    Posts
    5,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstigall View Post
    You'll be hard pressed to distinguish the difference in penetration on game animals between Axis, Injexion and A/C/C's. The broadhead opens a large channel and blood lubricates the shaft. A small diameter shaft does concentrate an arrows momentum into a smaller area. But with all the variables in play when an arrow hits an animal like a deer I don't think it's possible to identify the penetration differences, if there are any, among the previously mentioned diameter shafts. I expect things like non-vented versus vented blades would have a greater effect as well as subtle differences in the shape of similar broadheads.

    Foam targets are terrible at measuring the penetration potential of different diameter shafts into an animal. Foam squeezes the shaft to stop it's forward progress. On a game animal the arrow shaft is virtually frictionless as it follows the broadhead through an animal.
    What he said. Just another gimmick to sell us yet again something we don't need. Seems to work well though. I take it this round it will also cost us the price of all new broadheads also. Man that is great.
    <+><

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    811
    will the regular hit insets work in these shafts.
    PSE Canadian Pro Staff
    Doinker hunt staff
    Archers Paradise Staff shooter
    Black Eagle arrows Pro staff
    Magnus Pro staff

  18. #18
    Muzzy does make a broadhead for the new Easton Carbon Injexion arrows. It is new for 2012, it's called the Muzzy DX-3!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pollock Pines, Ca.
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcheryAdiction View Post
    will the regular hit insets work in these shafts.
    no they will not.
    Blessed beyond measure

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •