Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have a mile of mule tape, what can I do with it?

Have a mile of mule tape, what can I do with it?

I have a bunch of mule tape. It is handy stuff. Any ideas on what I could make with it? I use it in place of rope and have made a tow rope with several pieces of it. Come on DIY'ers

"05" Patriot/"06" Allegiance
    Winners Choice
    Copper John & Meta Peep
    Mean V CSS
    Ripcord/Limbdriver

We use it to retrieve game if we are lucky enough to get one near a road or atv trail. Leave your pieces as long as possible, you can also tie pieces together if you have to. When you get a deer, or whatever down, tie onto its head and go to the road (we have gone 1/4 mile +). Coming perpendicular into the road with the rope is the best, park a truck or atv on the side of the road and go around the ball. Your muletape will make a 90 degree turn around the ball on the parked vehicle and tie onto the ball of another truck or atv. SLOWLY drive the second vehicle down the road. I say slow becouse you need someone guiding the animal and 3 miles an hour is quick to that guy. We have pulled muledeer up 40 degree slopes in clearcuts to get to logging roads. I don't how far you can realisticly go but but we have gone a long ways.

What is mule tape anybody

put it in a box and mail it to me!! That stuff is awesome, better than duct tape!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...K5HpP0sQKt4pU1

Mule Tape. Pretty good for just about anything. I don't recall ever having mule tape break on me. I've used it to secure things into the bed of the truck and lift heavy auto parts in a pinch.

Weave a Hammock BUT design it for a tree stand sitting/shooting. Also make some snow shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BO HNTR View Post
    An ARCHER sees how far he can get from his target and still hit it.......a BOWHUNTER sees how close he can get before he hits his target. JMO
    RIP John
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhames
    Watching those hunting shows is a little like reading Playboy. Those big racks are out there but they're few and far between, easier to spot than to get one of your own, and if you do get one, it usually costs quite a bit to mount it.

I use it to make a portable bow compressor (Thru the cams) just to do minor work like string changes, peep adj., and module changes. I use it with a metal ring or washer, and a turnbuckle w/ a J-hook.

Would like to see a picture of this
    Staff Shooter for :BLACK EAGLE ARROWS,BULLSEYE BOWSTRINGS,Axcel/Tru-Ball,ThirdHand Archery,BCBow Designs.Owner of Total Control Archery slings: IN CONTROL!
    Custom POLISHING and trigger jobs done HERE!!!

my dad gets it from his work all the time its awsome ive pulled stuff with it that i didnt think i could.
    10 mathews monster
    spot hogg SD7
    09 mission eliminator
    truglo 5pin
    octane rest

This stuff is sort of a woven strap made of polyester, nylon, or dacron, right? Why not cut some short pieces and see if it will work as string silencers? That would really depend on how wide it is and how nicely it will unravel. You start with a 1.5-2.0" piece, open your string bundle, insert, and then shoot the bow a few dozen times to see if it will unravel itself into a nice puff-type silencer.

Roll it tight flat wise into a circle like a straw target butt

You could pull underground fiber or phone line with it
    The first step to recovery is admitting you have A problem. Hi my name is Justin and I'm A "Archeryoholic""
    Thanks to:
    Crazy Horse archery & Tackle Campbellsville, KY
    Spider Twist bow strings. Hand spun just like the spiders web.

I understand that it can only be used once to pull wire. I have acquired a bunch over the years and use it for everything

Quote Originally Posted by Jovush View Post
    I understand that it can only be used once to pull wire. I have acquired a bunch over the years and use it for everything
    That depends on the length of the pull mule tape is amazing stuff We pulled a stuck backhoe out of a mud pit with it the stuff is strong!
    The first step to recovery is admitting you have A problem. Hi my name is Justin and I'm A "Archeryoholic""
    Thanks to:
    Crazy Horse archery & Tackle Campbellsville, KY
    Spider Twist bow strings. Hand spun just like the spiders web.

When I first got it I tied the ends of a short piece together. I could pull a full size pickup with just the double strand of the light stuff. A jerk would break it. I made a 20 foot rope by running a piece back and fourth and then just putting electrical tape every foot to keep it together. Pulled my car from the ditchlast winter in a storm but have not needed it again.
    Some people have asked if I want to sell it. I got it free so am not inclined to do that. I am thinking of offering some 100 or so hanks. I would use the $5 flat rate boxes. Anyone in would prepay with paypal. I am then asking that anyone who receives it and would like to donate to Run for the Son could then do so via paypal. I belong to CMA (Christian Motorcyclist Association) Run for the Son is a fundraiser we do for missionaries. Give me some feedback on this idea please. Thanks. I would donate all money spent on shipping also.
    Winners Choice
    Copper John & Meta Peep
    Mean V CSS
    Ripcord/Limbdriver

I like the way you think.

ill take 3 of them do i paypal you or the charity? ill send a pm

Anyone have an old style rope maker? My dad has about 5000ft on a spool in the garage. I braided 3pieces that started as 50ft, took a couple of hours but I ended up with a great pull strap. Problem I had was it cuts farely easy. Sharp edges of my atv reece hitch cut the rope everytime. If you could braid 3 pieces with another 2 braid pieces (9total strands) you'd have a real strap.

Most mule tape has a tensil strength of either 2250lbs or 1250lbs.

I had some of this stuff in the past and love it. If I could get more I would be most happy. Like 3 hanks if possible?

people around here that have it have it on a large spool in the pickup and do as poster earlier stated either through another rig or a block and tackle pulley system.
    Custom powder coating for my AT friends Cerakote coating for my AT friends
    Bowtech RPM 360 Lightning Fast Easton HEXX 330's
    MBG Target Ascent W/ Classic archery scope 4x lens
    Vaportrail Micro elite LD, Carbofast 24" Front 12" Back, Tony219er Custom threads !!!!

I am in the process of sorting, measuring and trying to determine the cheapest way to ship. stay tuned!
    Winners Choice
    Copper John & Meta Peep
    Mean V CSS
    Ripcord/Limbdriver

I have used it to pull my bow up to my stand for 20 years or so.

I could use 4 hanks if you have enough. =400 ft . Ken U or hoot619 I did send you a PM earlier. Ken

I would love to get 3 hanks if possible. Shoot me an address and I will cover your shipping and donate $20 for yoru fundraiser.

I'll take two hanks. PM me with the how to pay info, or the charity link
    You're a nice man for doing this,
    Not all those who wander are lost.

-Tolkien

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast