Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recurve bow pictures!!!! show em off

Recurve bow pictures!!!! show em off

As it says, what do you use as a recurve?

I should have put any traditional bow picture!

those are awsome!

Longstick,

That's a tough act to follow. Those are some fine looking bows you have there. Care to give us the guided tour?

Cheers,

Patrick
    Martin Hunter 65#, Omega Longbow 63#, Bear Super Kodiak Grayling Green 64" 59#,
    Damon Howatt Super Diablo #51, Omega Raptor 36#
    http://cavemangym.wordpress.com

My 42# Blacktail TD recurve's riser. The reddish wood is cocobolo and the brownish wood is shedua separated by two lines of whitish myrtle.

Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". BS: 12StrDyna97. BrcHt: 7 1/2". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. SPD: 185 fps. GPP: 10.02
    Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". BS: 12StrDyna97. BrcHt: 7 5/8". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. SPD: 174 fps. GPP: 11.37

My sons Hoyt. little too big so he just plays with it sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top to bottom

Stalker Surge made by Stalker Recurves, a real classic lines bow, but bow does she thump em

EagleWing Talon II made by Steve Tallant, easily the smoothest bow to draw, points extremely well. It's basically a Black Widow on steroids. The static tips make this bow a sheer please to shoot and she looks real sweet as well.

Next up is Morrison 17" ILF riser, Bacote with Cocobolo. If you want to shoot ILF and want to shoot a wood riser, Bob is the man to go to. I currently use SF limbs on her and it has become my target and training bow.

Last up is my Toelke Curlew, the pictures do not do the bow justice. Out of all the bows pictured Dan's work outshines them all. His craftsmanship is suberb. I would never hesitate to buy from him.

Here's a Tice and Watts from the early 70's.
    004.jpg

Longstick,

Thanks. Beautiful bows.

Nightwing,

I have a serious soft spot for those Blacktails...one day, maybe.

Bowferd,

That's a classy bow you have there.

Cheers,

Patrick

Those bows are pieces of furniture for sure. All are fine and would fit my hand just right. Would be a nice addition to my house also. Beautiful bows!
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Quote Originally Posted by thorwulfx View Post

Nightwing,

I have a serious soft spot for those Blacktails...one day, maybe.
    I think a wait for a Blacktail now is up to 18 months.

Another recurve similar in design and riser shape is a Wes Wallace bow and the wait for one is around 8 months.

http://www.weswallacebows.com/index....n=home.profile
    Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". BS: 12StrDyna97. BrcHt: 7 1/2". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. SPD: 185 fps. GPP: 10.02
    Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". BS: 12StrDyna97. BrcHt: 7 5/8". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. SPD: 174 fps. GPP: 11.37

Here's a few hybrids for ya....an all natural(all wood no glass) Elk risered longbow.. and my 80+# ILF recurve.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Voodoo,

...WOW! The all natural bows are amazing. I could look at those all day and keep seeing new details.

Nightwing,

I'll have to look at the Wallace bows. Thanks.

Cheers,

Patrick

**The all natural bow is the one leaning on the deer pelt, it was built for me by James Parker,(with my guidance on the riser) and is the only one I know of that's ever been built with no glass........Mr. Parker has won many bow of the month and bow of the year awards at Primitive Archer magazine........the man is truly an artist.....and soon as I send him a couple risers, I believe he will be building couple more but they will be kinda expensive.........if they are even offered for sale.....

Here's three of mine:

1) Blacktail Elite, Bocote and Wenge.

2) Dale Dye, Cocobolo and Snakewood.

3) McCullough 59'er, Cocobolo and Maple.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Formerly the great COWBOY state of Wyoming. Now, in the frozen north of Fairbanks Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoofire1 View Post
    Here's a few hybrids for ya....an all natural(all wood no glass) Elk risered longbow.. and my 80+# ILF recurve.
    Steve, I've heard you might be working on an ILF compatible elk riser....any truth?

Formerly the great COWBOY state of Wyoming. Now, in the frozen north of Fairbanks Alaska

Here's a not so great photo of my "go to" Saluki. She's upside down in this pic

One of my Blacktails

Nice 'tail...

Voodoofire1 that is a very unique quiver. Never seen one like it before pretty cool.
    <----SHOOT STRAIGHT---->

Quote Originally Posted by rogbo View Post
    Steve, I've heard you might be working on an ILF compatible elk riser....any truth?
    Kind of early yet but I will doing a few, not quite sure how they will turn out as I haven't done the proto yet, but it's been in my head for a while now...soon as my list is caught up I'll be getting on it, just can't see experimenting when I have fellas waiting for their bows..

okbow68, Thanks, that quiver and bow was a prize I did for Ryan Ramsey, he won a Trad competition I sponsored called "The Ogre Challenge" in memory of my son Spc. Dustin "The Ogre" Hartley.. it was 160 targets over about 3 1/2 miles in 2 1/2 days...... it was a very grueling shoot and He definitely earned it!!!

Thanks all for the pictures!!! keep em coming! ill post mine today

Some really nice bows !!!
    Pine Hollow Longbows - Medicine Man, BADASS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast