zone 7 iowa

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Thread: zone 7 iowa

zone 7 iowa

So i'm really new to this so please help if you can. I have a buddy who lives in a very nice neighborhood in zone 7 in iowa. He says it is legal to hunt all of the woods in the neighborhood, if i decide to hunt there i would have to hunt with him, he doens't hunt but would film. Is there anyway to buy preference points for this area? What would my expected cost be, i know it would be 425 for the tag 112 for the license, what other fees would be incurred?
    Prime Centroid 62lbs
    GT Velocities 300's Rage 125 Extremes
    Owner of: Foerster's Meat and Mounts
    Ask about our euro mounts

I don't know if you factored in the habitat fee but that is around $15 and are the woods in town? If they are I would contact the DNR yourself just to be sure you friend is poaching. That could turn out to be a bad deal for you.

my friend doesn't hunt, and no they aren't in town, they are out of city limits i believe.
    Prime Centroid 62lbs
    GT Velocities 300's Rage 125 Extremes
    Owner of: Foerster's Meat and Mounts
    Ask about our euro mounts

If it's out of the city limits there shouldnt be an issue as far as that goes...You just have to get a tag and go do it. Keep in mind, for a non resident coming to Iowa to bowhunt your probably looking at 3 years of applying before you draw a tag. We dont just hand them out because you have a check book.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    Stuff, I shoot stuff...

I would make sure you find out a little more information. I don't know too many neighborhoods where you can just hunt it all. That is about the only thing that sounds a little fishy to me.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/portals/idnr/...?amp;tabid=709

Everything you need to know is on there.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Daddy View Post
    If it's out of the city limits there shouldnt be an issue as far as that goes...You just have to get a tag and go do it. Keep in mind, for a non resident coming to Iowa to bowhunt your probably looking at 3 years of applying before you draw a tag. We dont just hand them out because you have a check book.
    Unless you write a big enough check to the gov. campain fund and get on his buddy list. I would make sure of who owns this land that you are thinking of hunting before spending any money. Good luck and happy huntinh

Your gonna have someone film your hunt and you don't know how to find this info? Sounds like it could turn into one of those monkey/football moments I hear about!You aply every year if you don't get a tag you get a point probaly take 3 years!Iowa DNR website is where you wanna start not here!Good luck!