Thread: Touch screen camo gloves?

Touch screen camo gloves?

I'm in the market for a new pair of light-mid weight gloves. If I'm going to spend the money it would be great if they had the conductive finger tabs so I can use my phone while in the stand. Does anyone make them? I can't find them anywhere. It might actually be better if they don't exist so I'll pay attention more in the stand ;-)

I got a lightweight stretch pair at Bass Pro a few months ago. Pretty sure these are the ones http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Rut-Z...10212324/65617

I haven't been able to find any camo touch-capable gloves. I did find a pair of light gloves at Walmart, but they are useless for long sits if it is really cold as they don't offer much warmth.

One thing you can do, if you or someone you know is capable with a needle, is just buy some conductive thread and sew a few stitches on the fingers that you use. I haven't been able to find conductive thread at a brick and mortar, but you can find it online fairly easily. There are also sites out there that give you instructions on how to do it.
    The beginning of wisdom is admitting "I don't know"

Quote Originally Posted by red02f4i View Post
    I got a lightweight stretch pair at Bass Pro a few months ago. Pretty sure these are the ones http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Rut-Z...10212324/65617
    Seems to have good reviews with the gloves. I used the thin mossy oak turkey gloves for early season and I cut the trigger finger out of mine. but this maybe a better method, not to crazy aboutthe palm side of the golve being all one color though.
    Welcome to My World <----------------(((((

You could always just get some conductive string (wire) and sew a few strands to your already existing gloves. It will save you a few $ and works pretty good.
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 35 black out, 2010 Ben Pearson Advantage white/black
    Copper John Dead nuts A.N.T.S evolution 2, Viper scope
    QAD rest, Control Freak "steadilizers", doinker stabilizer
    Victory vforce V1 350s
    Victory X-Killers

Redhead (bass pro) makes a pair.
    Give Me My Money, My Guns, And My Freedom!
    You Can Keep The "Change"!
    "Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on what to put on the dinner plate. Liberty is when the lamb is well armed!"
    Molon Labe

I just open the seam on the index finger LOL..
    First Bow* Bowtech Tomkat[now bowfish rig]
    2012 Redhead Blackout[latest huntn rig]

oh im gonna have to get myself a pair of those basspro gloves!

Quote Originally Posted by red02f4i View Post
    You could wear these under a fold-back style mitten in cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelzon23 View Post
    Redhead (bass pro) makes a pair.
    I did not seem them in bass pro, is there a search term that I am missing/

I use the Arctic Shield glove system with the glove inside the fold back mitten. I love these gloves for archery. For $4 I bought some conductive thread off of Ebay and stitched it in the tip of the index finger and the thumb and it works great. Figure out where the glove makes contact with the screen and make a 1/8" square pattern. Once you tie it off, dab the knot with crazy glue to lock it together. Super easy to do.
    Famous Quote "To train a man mentally without training him spiritually is to make him a menace to society"
    Theodore Roosevelt

I have these, http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/pid1203060-920 that I purchased at an outlet for $19 I wear these alone almost all the time, and if I need more I have fingerless wool mitten gloves that I wear over the top. I work my phone (Droid) with them and only occasionally find a lag in responce time.
    לא עוד In Hebrew: NEVER AGAIN! Trinity Archery Field Staff.
    Even if I could, I would Never Deny the Grace of God in my life. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. 2 Tim. 1:12b

"Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on what to put on the dinner plate. Liberty is when the lamb is well armed!"
    Molon Labe

Molon Labe

Ill be at basspro in Feb so I will probably have 2 pairs of these drop shipped then to save on shipping.

under armor gloves are nice and work with my envy touch phone.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeBomber View Post
    You could wear these under a fold-back style mitten in cold weather.
    Thats what I do, I have a pair that holds back by magnets, quiet.
    Only ever borrow money if someone else is paying it off for you! Do you know what this means?

I have an older pair of under armour liner gloves that I really like and they work with my HTC touch screen phone. I think the iphones are a little more picky though.

The new liner gloves have a different palm and finger material so I dont know if they will work or not.

Under Armour liner gloves

I have an iPhone and have to cut the fingers out to be able to use

Under armour liner gloves work. I used them all season. $25-$29

Thanks for the help. I was looking for something a little thicker than the BP gloves but the conductive thread idea looks great! You can get it on Amazon for $10.

http://www.amazon.com/Conductive-thr...=2BDTM68VFSTAF

Seen a cool product on TV at the 2012 CES show.Its a touch screen built into a glove that has wireless. Being designed for firefighters to monitor conditions while in the burning structure and to keep an eye on their team.. Seems like it could be brought into the hunting world somehow..

Once I find an article on it I will post it.. was really cool..it was controlled by touching your finger to thumb
    2010 MATHEWS Z7 / 70# 28.5"
    TRUGLO - MICROBRITE DOVETAIL 5PIN .10
    VICTORY VFORCE 350 AND A 100GR RAGE CHISEL TIP WARHEAD
    TEAM#5 HARDWOODS HEART STOPPERS

You can get a small length off Ebay for under $5.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Maki...-Touch-Screen/