Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Form - erect shoulder and back (also mental shooting) vid

sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky,st icky,sticky,sticky,sticky,stic ky,sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky ,sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky,s ticky,sticky,sticky,sticky,sti cky,sticky,sticky,sticky,stick y,sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky, sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky,st icky,sticky,sticky,sticky,stic ky,sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky ,sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky,s ticky,sticky,sticky,sticky,sti cky,sticky,sticky,sticky,stick y,sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky, sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky,st icky,sticky,sticky,sticky,stic ky,sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky ,sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky,s ticky,sticky,sticky,sticky,sti cky,sticky,sticky,sticky,stick y,sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky, sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky,st icky,sticky,sticky,sticky,stic ky,sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky ,sticky,sticky,sticky,sticky,s ticky,sticky,sticky,sticky,sti cky...there. LOL! got my vote a few dozen times!
    GOD is my "Aiming System"...and I'm just one of his many arrows!
    BLACK WIDOW PSA II TD RECURVE 62"/43# @28"
    1975 HERTERS PERFECTION MAGNUM RECURVE 60"/44# @ 28"
    BUSHMEN "AMERICAN NATIVE" R/D LONGBOW 64"/37# @ 28"

Jimmy, two things that Your video really touched on well, in a simple, clear and concise manner, also two things that I always stress to folks....#1, Getting the back into the draw using a straight posture, so that the upper back can do the work, insuring proper alignment and back tension, which give a proper release, ...and the second thing was how You talked about and demonstrated how important a strong, solid bow arm is...I've said it a thousand times, show me a good Longbow shooter, I'll show Ya a shooter with a strong bow arm...GREAT VIDEO, great instructions as to the how, and the WHY this form works....Thanks for filming and posting this, Jimmy!....I hope to get to shoot with You this year, at the IBO Triple Crown, have to see how my shooting goes, and my shoulders hold up, if not, it's back to the Hunter Fingers class for Me....Take care, Jimmy!........Jim
    Those who separate Politics, and Morality, will never understand either one....John Viscount Morley

Great video, Jimmy. The narration aspect works very well, as it makes the video easy to follow - no breaks in demo to watch the demonstrator talk. I know that full Round of groups had to be much work to mentally shoot and then record for video at the same time, but you got it done and with a real world dipiction. Thanks.

absolutely fantastic. thx for posting.
    High Country Conquest
    Toelke Lynx
    Black Bear Warfbow
    DRT Broadheads by Dirt Nap Gear www.dirtnapgear.com

Sticky it shall be!.
    Love what you have; Be grateful for what you receive; Give what you can and always remember; what goes around, comes around... Live Well... Be Wise.
    Martin-Rytera, PSE, Browning, Samick Bows.

Sticky for sure.
    Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Better mental success this morning

Got back after it this morning. 285 20x
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger B View Post
    Looks like one of my targets...with my turkey choke. Great shooting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger B View Post
    That's AWESOME!

Have you thought about competeing in Vegas at the World's?

Ray

Great video rangerB! I appreciate it! Something I've not given alot of attention. Thanks! scout4

Thanks for your videos......I learn alot from watching you shoot......
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

What he needs to do now is add his other video links to this one since it is a sticky and then when someone comes on here and says dang it I can't shoot these things we can just direct them to this one thread.
    <+><

For other archery tips videos follow the link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimmyblackmon?feature=guide

Quote Originally Posted by thorwulfx View Post
    I wish my good rounds looked like your bad rounds (grins).

Great video! Very informative.

Cheers,

Patrick
    ya I second that !. i shot a 173 last night , my goal is to break 200 one day. thanks for the vid
    09' Diamond Iceman
    Samick Sage
    07' Parker Hornet
    Hoyt Excel

great, informative video. Thank you sir!

Everytime I watch this video I learn something new.......this is a great tool to watch and learn from......
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Thanks for posting! I'm getting into archery and this was a great video

Really excellent video, and kind of confirms that I'm doing something really wrong with my bow hand. Maybe I'm slouching a little bit or not extending properly, but when shooting my 55# Sage after about two rounds it really starts to torque my elbow on the bow hand. Going to go back to the drawing board with this video and try to figure it out. Thanks!

lanzajr26, I'd bet Jimmy's bow is in the upper 20's to lower 30's weight range. There is a reason folks keep recommending lightweight bows for beginners and experienced archers alike. Your 55# bow would be tough for anyone to shoot a decent 300 round with.
    A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. - S. Pope

Quote Originally Posted by centershot View Post
    There is a reason folks keep recommending lightweight bows for beginners and experienced archers alike. Your 55# bow would be tough for anyone to shoot a decent 300 round with.
    Light weight bows are often recommended because that is what the general population can usually draw comfortably.

Even though I'm a minority...guys like me still exist. I consisitently shoot in the 260's with my 70lbs. bow and it isn't hard physically. It's hard mentally...which has nothing to do with my draw weight.

The recommendation should always be.....an archer should use a bow they PERSONALLY can comfortably draw and shoot...whatever that draw weight may end up being. If they are struggling at all with the draw weight...they need to go lighter.

Ray

What a great video! Thank you

Good Vid. man!

Cool Kensho!

"Less Green Than Yesterday" --

Looked at this video a month ago, and it went straight over my head -- right past me. Looked at it again a couple days ago and now see all the stuff I was missing on the first viewing. This video was referred to me from the "300 Rounds" thread in Traditional. Integrated this video w/ some other fine tuning, technique, polish, focus, etc. -- And now, just last night in my "Archery Barn" I all of a sudden started getting consistently on target!

Kensho! (A Zen term for a bolt of realization.)
    THIS SPACE FOR LEASE ! ! !

This was very helpful for me to form proper posture.Thank you very much for posting this.=)

Re: Form - erect shoulder and back (also mental shooting) vid

Thank you for taking the time to help us get more out of our sport Jimmy. You sure helped me a ton over the last few months. Keep them coming!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast