a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the fastest bow on the market?

What's the fastest bow on the market?

People on the internet have different opinions so I thought I would go to the people who know, 29" 70# Thanks

omen
    PSE EXRCIST
    grave digger trocar tip broadhead,
    .300 grain Vap traveling at warp speed
    Proud member of team overkill

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone II View Post
    People on the internet have different opinions so I thought I would go to the people who know, 29" 70# Thanks
    It wouldn't be opinion, it would be facts.
    Archery makes my shaft quiver.

Also the mr5
    Elite GTO
    Maitland Raptor 3D
    Maitland Zeus
    "Just Shut It and Shoot Your Bow!"

stationed in Biloxi, MS, from Minocqua, WI
    pse omen will be the fastest....
    CM2(scw) USN NMCB 74
    2010 PSE omen 28/60, BG ascent 3 pin surge head, LD, anchor sight, cx piledriver hunter .350 w/ fobs,trufire edge 4 ,tightspot, muzzy
    Team Whack 'Em & Stack 'Em Hunting Staff **chief squaw stealer aka the resident bouncer ***

Haven't you heard? It's the new Insanity!!!

The omen and mr5 are very close to each other.
    Elite GTO
    Maitland Raptor 3D
    Maitland Zeus

I had an Omen UF back in 2009. For as fast as it was it was equally awful to shoot.

The Omen Pro is supposed to be a great shooter but the speed of the Omen has stayed constant since its release. Hard to believe no one has beat it yet.

the Omen is the fastest on the market
    Obsession Phoenix

definitely the omen, i saw it chrono at 368, fastest bow i have ever seen through a chronograph

368.....really......bow had to have been cranked past 70#'s, had over a 30 inch draw length, and shooting a feather lite speed arrow. There is no bow besides a cross bow that shoots 368 with a hunting set up. Oh, how do I know you ask..... I have worked at a archery shop for 8 years now..seen every bow ever made shoot through a chrono from 2004-2012.

Every bow ever made? Thats pretty far fetched wouldn't you think? So your telling me your shop carry's approximately 20 bow companies? Please gimmie a break.. oh and in case you didn't know and I'm sure you did cause you work at a shop right? Ibo is 70# 30" draw and 350gr arrow why wouldn't you be able to hunt with that arrow
    Black Dominator max
    White Supra max
    Shark X W/UF cams
    Full Throttle W/SP cams

What about the ds3900?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosster47 View Post
    I had an Omen UF back in 2009. For as fast as it was it was equally awful to shoot.

The Omen Pro is supposed to be a great shooter but the speed of the Omen has stayed constant since its release. Hard to believe no one has beat it yet.
    I shot an omen two nights ago and I definitely wouldn't classify it as awful. I will say the draw cycle was rough but on the shot I thought it really shined.

Quote Originally Posted by c5mrr270 View Post
    I shot an omen two nights ago and I definitely wouldn't classify it as awful. I will say the draw cycle was rough but on the shot I thought it really shined.
    You probably didn't shoot an Omen UF, the Omen Pro is supposed to be much better!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter121 View Post
    The omen and mr5 are very close to each other.
    Not really. The MR5 is UP TO 360 and the Omen Pro is 366. The whole Mathews line runs around a quarter to a half-inch long on draw length and it has a 5" brace height whereas the Omen Pro is 5.5". They are trying to catch up to the Omen Pro, but still behind.
    Sometimes nothing is a really cool hand.
    Semper Fidelis to all of my fellow Marines, past and present.

Authorized Dealer for PSE, G5 Prime and Strother Archery

I'd say PSE Omen Pro as well. I also say PSE is holding out more speed once it gets challenged. There is let off and draw length adjustments to get more speed out of the existing bow.
    Acts 10:13
    <+><

Pse Omen pro hands down is the fastest bow to date. I do think pse is fiddling around with some speed/ hunting arrow. I shoot a 26.5 inch draw with a 330 grain arrow. My draw is still climbing so should start getting above the 300's for sure with the evo. And why can't you hunt with a 350 grain arrow, the arrows are tough and am sure they can go through a deer or and elk fine.
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

Quote Originally Posted by mtn3531 View Post
    Not really. The MR5 is UP TO 360 and the Omen Pro is 366. The whole Mathews line runs around a quarter to a half-inch long on draw length and it has a 5" brace height whereas the Omen Pro is 5.5". They are trying to catch up to the Omen Pro, but still behind.
    Not disputing the king of speed. All I'm saying is 6 fps ibo speed is close without a doubt. Was just throwing it out there. That's all.
    Elite GTO
    Maitland Raptor 3D
    Maitland Zeus

Also from my take, anytime you talk speed your not talking all smooth either. Face it ,the energy has to come from and go to some place in a hurry .No one said anything about doin it smoothly.

I have a 2006 Elite E-500 with 2007 Elite Synergy cams, 29" draw, 70lb limbs yesterday shot 333,332,332 with a 352 grain arrow through a Prochrono, new batteries on a overcast day and no sheilds. Shot a couple other bows through it and it was not measuring incorrectly fast. That is with a 7 1/4" brace, no speed nocks yet and smooth mods. My Elite Envy is getting in the low 300s with a 470gr FMJ and a 7" brace. All this with loaded string, d loop, meta peep. I calculate that the Envy would be getting in the 340s with IBO arrow.

Just saying don't forget the older bows.

My evo is the smoothest bow i have shot and it rated from 337-345 and it is super smooth. I have heard alot about the omen pro that it is smooth too.
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

who cares. speed is the LEAST important thing there is, when i look at the qualities on a bow. having a fast bow is great, but as fast as the bows are today(even the 'slow' bows of today are really fast) it is the last thing i look at. quality, accuracy, quietness, holding pattern, draw cycle...ect, are WAY more important than speed. what difference does it make, if your arrow is going mach six, if you cant hit what your aiming at.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddTyner View Post
    368.....really......bow had to have been cranked past 70#'s, had over a 30 inch draw length, and shooting a feather lite speed arrow. There is no bow besides a cross bow that shoots 368 with a hunting set up. Oh, how do I know you ask..... I have worked at a archery shop for 8 years now..seen every bow ever made shoot through a chrono from 2004-2012.
    wrong, i also saw a high country chrono at 355 back in 05 i believe, dont know what arrow he was shooting or the poundage, but he had a 32in. draw, by the way i didnt say the omen was a hunting set up

Quote Originally Posted by HOYT'n em! View Post
    who cares. speed is the LEAST important thing there is, when i look at the qualities on a bow. having a fast bow is great, but as fast as the bows are today(even the 'slow' bows of today are really fast) it is the last thing i look at. quality, accuracy, quietness, holding pattern, draw cycle...ect, are WAY more important than speed. what difference does it make, if your arrow is going mach six, if you cant hit what your aiming at.
    Could not agree with you more. I have a Bowtech Destroyer. Dialed in about 58#. 28 DL. Shooting about a 356Gr arrow. I might be getting about 310fps. Guess what? My last deer didnt ask how fast the arrow was moving when he ran 15 yards after he was shot.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast