Thread: Hoyt Vantage Elite Plus vs. Hoyt Alpha Elite

Hoyt Vantage Elite Plus vs. Hoyt Alpha Elite

Pros and cons for each? I have never shot the Vantage Elite, about to buy an Alpha Elite, I THINK, but I keep thinking maybe I need to try to find a Vantage Elite Plus to shoot, is the extra room in the brace that much more forgiving?

In general how do these 2 compare?

Thanks!
    Aim Small Miss Small
    Hoyt VE+
    TRU Ball
    Carbon Express
    G-Force Stabilization

I haven't shot either but, I look at the VE as a Spot/FITA-type bow. Ultimate forgiveness and stability in exchange for weight, and speed. If you are planning on shooting 3D or, something like that, you might consider the AE instead. Figure that most of the VE's setup is "only" going to push an arrow about 250fps. I personally don't believe in brace heights as it relates to shootability. I don't like an ultra short BH but, I don't feel, for me, that you lose any inherent accuracy.

I can't speak for all the DL but with 27.5" spirals, the VE+ was just as fast as My AE also set at 27.5...

Quote Originally Posted by ABTABB View Post
    I can't speak for all the DL but with 27.5" spirals, the VE+ was just as fast as My AE also set at 27.5...
    What did you think about the two?
    Aim Small Miss Small
    Hoyt VE+
    TRU Ball
    Carbon Express
    G-Force Stabilization

The vatage elite + is the best of both worlds fast and stable, you can shoot 3d or indoor with the same bow, right now its the best target bow in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by edgerat View Post
    I haven't shot either but, I look at the VE as a Spot/FITA-type bow. Ultimate forgiveness and stability in exchange for weight, and speed. If you are planning on shooting 3D or, something like that, you might consider the AE instead. Figure that most of the VE's setup is "only" going to push an arrow about 250fps. I personally don't believe in brace heights as it relates to shootability. I don't like an ultra short BH but, I don't feel, for me, that you lose any inherent accuracy.
    My VE shoots my indoor arrows at 255 and my outdoor arrows at 280. 28 3/4 draw 58 pounds I think your numbers are a bit off
    Vantage Elite spots and dots, alien Z 3D, Warthog Hunting, Savanna long bow fun.
    Victory Pro Staff shooter
    Posten so the spot doesnt move.
    Level 3 community coach

I'm 29'' draw, would I have any problems getting the VE to 285 fps around 62-63 pounds?
    Aim Small Miss Small
    Hoyt VE+
    TRU Ball
    Carbon Express
    G-Force Stabilization

Quote Originally Posted by Arkarcher View Post
    I'm 29'' draw, would I have any problems getting the VE to 285 fps around 62-63 pounds?
    depends on the arrow, but you shouldnt' have a problem
    PSE, Gold Tip, Bee Stinger, Stanislawski, Hamskea, Specialty Archery, Bomar-summitarchery .com

Nobody else? What about the limb comparison?
    Aim Small Miss Small
    Hoyt VE+
    TRU Ball
    Carbon Express
    G-Force Stabilization

Quote Originally Posted by kjwhfsd View Post
    My VE shoots my indoor arrows at 255 and my outdoor arrows at 280. 28 3/4 draw 58 pounds I think your numbers are a bit off
    Very possible. I am basing this on watching the World Cup. Seems all the Hoyt guys were running around 250fps. I don't have any doubt you could crank a VE up and get some FPS out of it. With the '12 AE having the RKT cam, I would think it is "capable" of more speed. I have zero use for a "speed" bow. An accurate bow on the other hand..... intriguing...

Ttt
    Aim Small Miss Small
    Hoyt VE+
    TRU Ball
    Carbon Express
    G-Force Stabilization

i have both, the ae is finding a new home.. it shoots good and for someone that doesn't like long ata bows it will shoot well, but for me it came down the ease of setup and tuning.

ve+ take literally 10min to put new stings on and have pounding i/o'x and baby x's... the alpha elite took 3 week to get everything right so it FELT the same as the vantage... this meant getting the rotation of the cams just such so the letoff was low and the draw was similar to spirals.

that said the best rounds i have shot at 20yds have mostly come from the ae, as far as pins go... lots of very clean, very pretty vegas games have come from that bow. the ve+ has shot much better scores across the board, and it gets to stay..

ve+ at 57lbs 340gr arrow 29" with spirals = 287fps.. ae at 62lbs, 29.5" with same arrow = 307...
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

My VE+ shoots 296 fps. That is with GTX 75% let off cams. DL 29.25", 55# and 278 gr. arrow. heh

Hi I been down the long riser short limbs comb against the shorter riser longer limb combo. I have had a Switchback & Hoyt Maxxis35 & now gone to the Hoyt UE with sprials to be honest I like the latter more. Only thing I like about the long riser / short limbs etc is less hand shock & noise But as I shoot 3D It doest really worry me next bow would be a Condener Elite in my mind

so my 2c on this as well. I own AEs and VEs. I shoot FITA Field and FITA target so my impressions are based on that. my DL is 29.5

Setup
    pretty similar - the cam rotation on the alpha elite has to be spot on to feel any way good. spirals are a little easier imho to time but not much in it. that said, the Fuel cams (no idea on the RKT cams) feel awful if not PERFECTLY in time/synched.

Draw length
    I really like the module setup on the alpha elite - its so convenient compared to spirals. that said, i consistently (over 2 AEs and 2 maxxis 35's) find that i prefer to shoot them 1/2" shorter than the vantage with spirals. the string angle feels better (although its still a little far in), but it gives a nice strong shot. 15 bucks for a set of modules means you can get a few to try without breaking the bank too.

stability:
    very hard to find a setup that lets me shoot the AE as consistently as the VE - over a couple of 30 ends, my score at 18 with the vantage always has points on the alpha.

shooting:
    - with the AE, at full draw and on the wall, I can pull a clean 1/4 inch through the wall on the Fuel cams if I pull hard enough. basically, I can deflect the limbs. this isnt an issue with the xt2000/spirals, and I prefer it that way (even with cam & 1/2 on an ultra elite, I get a harder wall). I know a few people that have the AE's that I shoot with really like this, some of them dont - totally personal prefernce.

Speed:

the vantage feels faster than the AE tbh, and outdoor with 31" x10/380s with tungsten points, I get around 280fps out of the vantage elite. iirc thats around 400 off grains of an arrow, so heavy enough.

overall, as a spots shooter, I prefer the vantage series (for the reasons above) but then again I know a lot of guys who consistently out shoot me with AEs and Maxxii, I would also say that I have been shooting a PSE supra single cam a little lately and its also quite like the AE in terms of feel, but (to my mind) a much better wall. still shooting my VE when it matters though until I can find a way to get hoyt stickers on the PSE

hope that helps

t.

Thanks guys! Good stuff!
    Aim Small Miss Small
    Hoyt VE+
    TRU Ball
    Carbon Express
    G-Force Stabilization