Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bowtech sold?

bowtech sold?

any truth to the rumors circulating in the media that bowtech has been bought out?

bear white tail 2,cobra 3pin(painted dots,no fibers)bo doodle rest,wall mart release,cat whisker silencers,easton camo game getters,milwaukee's best beer,levi garret chew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh???

Quote Originally Posted by tworinger View Post
    any truth to the rumors circulating in the media that bowtech has been bought out?
    Did you hear that while you were getting your hair done today at the salon or something?

Bowtech sold out to Savage(I think) a few years ago. Is that what you are talking aboot?

Quote Originally Posted by edgerat View Post
    bowtech sold out to savage(i think) a few years ago. Is that what you are talking aboot?
    "No way.......that's great ............ WE LANDED ON THE MOON"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f_DP...yer_detailpage

Herd at the ata show yesterday that they were just bought out but didnt catch who bought them ?

It's true. From the Bowtech Website
    October 8, 2007
    BowTech Becomes a Savage
    Savage Sports Corporation, with corporate offices in Westfield Massachusetts and BowTech, located in Eugene, Oregon are pleased to announce the completion of a landmark agreement whereby Savage acquired BowTech so that the combined resources and strength of the two well-established industry leaders can be concentrated to become a major force for growth within the shooting/hunting/outdoor industry. BowTech's family of brands will continue to be promoted and marketed independently as a wholly owned subsidiary of Savage Sports Corp.

"We are impressed with BowTech's vision and astonishing success in the archery industry and are thrilled to have them as part of the Savage family. We are looking forward to having the employees from BowTech and its sister divisions join us," stated Ron Coburn, Chairman and CEO of Savage Sports. "Their growth record and solid values are a great fit with our existing business and management culture."

Eugene, Oregon will remain BowTech's headquarters and the existing management team will continue to guide the business as it has since inception. "We recognize that BowTech has a very successful business plan in place and we intend on keeping the winning formula intact" added Coburn.

Announcing the agreement, President, CEO and Founder of BowTech, John Strasheim stated, "This is an exciting time for BowTech; our incredible growth, the launch of our new 2008 lineup, coupled with the many opportunities created by this strong partnership with Savage, who knows where BowTech will venture next - the possibilities are endless." In addition to his other duties, Strasheim will serve on the Savage board.

Savage Sports Corporation is a privately held company and consists of 3 (Savage) divisions: Savage Arms is a leading manufacturer of center-fire rifles, located in Westfield, MA; Savage (Canada) manufactures rim-fire rifles in Lakefield, Ontario, Canada; Savage Range Systems/PortaTarget, also based in Westfield MA, manufactures patented shooting ranges, target systems and shoot houses. Other corporate brand names include: Stevens, manufacturer of center-fire and rim-fire rifles and shotguns for the budget-conscious consumer; Fox, a high quality brand of American-made shotguns. Savage is the largest rifle manufacturer in the US.

BowTech, the largest bow company in the world, manufactures and distributes the industries finest compound bows and archery equipment. Founded in 1999, BowTech's corporate offices and manufacturing facilities are located on the outskirts of Eugene, Oregon. BowTech divisions include BowTech and Diamond Archery, Stryker Crossbows and WaterDog Surface Technologies with a worldwide dealer and distributor network.

©BowTech
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
    -Thomas Jefferson.

Scroll to the bottom of the page on this link. Bottom left corner. http://www.savagearms.com/
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
    -Thomas Jefferson.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Did I hear right they own leupold too
    G5 believer. In god we trust uncle ted for pesident.

North Dakota soon to be Coeur d' alene Idaho
    Actually, its true, Bowtech was bought out again almost seven months ago. The reason I know this is because I bought them out! I am also giving away free bows to the first 78,000,000 people that ask for one. And just to let everyone know, the first thing I am gonna do is let everyone know the specs to all the new flagship bows around september each year. There will also be no more silly teasers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha, just jokes

Actually i just bought out Bowtech last night night for a buck fifty as that was all they were worth after the launch of 2 bows that are a step backwards from the Invasion. I plan to totally scrap them and turn them into a subsidiarity of Hoyt. Let the ramblings begin!!!

Daisy arms acquires Mathews archery....... LOL. Just kidding.
    -Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by 13bonatter69 View Post
    Actually, its true, Bowtech was bought out again almost seven months ago. The reason I know this is because I bought them out! I am also giving away free bows to the first 78,000,000 people that ask for one. And just to let everyone know, the first thing I am gonna do is let everyone know the specs to all the new flagship bows around september each year. There will also be no more silly teasers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha, just jokes
    Can I have2

A bow company owned by a gun company......oh my! So how many Bowtec owners was that that hate gun hunters? J/K

Both Savage and Bowtec are good products.

Quote Originally Posted by blazeAR View Post
    A bow company owned by a gun company......oh my! So how many Bowtec owners was that that hate gun hunters? J/K

Both Savage and Bowtec are good products.
    Don't forget Stevens which owns leupold so you got the corner on the rangefinder market as well

Quote Originally Posted by jwaltrip View Post
    did you hear that while you were getting your hair done today at the salon or something?
    :roflmao:

Savage has owned bowtech for a few years. This is not new
    Mathews HeliM-
    "One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted"

I'm think he is referring to someone else buying them. I heard nothing bout it though and if they were there be some kind of press release

Seems a lot of people don't know who owns who. Yes, Savage owns Bowtech.
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

I heard last year about this time that Savage and BowTech were for sale. I've been saving and scheeming but haven't been able to pull it off yet. I did buy a new 5th wheel camper and now building a pole barn to keep it in though... I probably should have held off on the camper and concentrated on buying BowTech at least and maybe picked up Savage later.
    BowTech's Cheerleader
    Plainsman™ arrow rest staff shooter
    Amanna freezer re-filler
    Allegiance/Tribute FanBoy
    Commander of the Guardian

Companies are bought and sold all the
    time without many of us consumers
    ever knowing anything about it.

North Dakota soon to be Coeur d' alene Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
    Companies are bought and sold all the
    time without many of us consumers
    ever knowing anything about it.
    This is a fact!!

"I've been saving and scheeming but haven't been able to pull it off yet. I did however save a bundle by switching my car insurance to Geico"

Quote Originally Posted by walks with a gi View Post
    I heard last year about this time that Savage and BowTech were for sale. I've been saving and scheeming but haven't been able to pull it off yet. I did buy a new 5th wheel camper and now building a pole barn to keep it in though... I probably should have held off on the camper and concentrated on buying BowTech at least and maybe picked up Savage later.

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    The day Savage bought them in 07 is the day they went to crap as well

Quote Originally Posted by pabuckslayer08 View Post
    The day Savage bought them in 07 is the day they went to crap as well
    when they stepped away from their center pivot line, i love my 09'. when i buy a new one i'll be keeping this one as a back-up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast