Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: Bowtech heartbreaker

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    massachusetts
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by captbrandon View Post
    Seriously need to try the HOPE by Strother. Its a "big boy" bow designed for women. Super fast, QUIET, NO recoil, very nice draw cycle and superb grip.
    the heartbreaker is a bigboy bow also, have you ever shot one?
    its the same thing as the assassin only for short draw archers.
    the assassin sd is the same bow just wit 70#limbs and a new sticker.
    please do some research.

    Bowtech Insanity,25.5" dl, 60# dw ,hunting set up ,Easton axis or Bemen nightfalls
    362 gr @ ???fps with slicktrick mags ( soon to be Grim Reaper hybrids) ,
    3d Bemen speeds or Easton flateline 300 gr @ ??? fps.
    HHA OL 5019 sight 4x lens and clarifier , Nap Apache, bling sling , Torqueless sideplates
    truglo stab with bowjax dampners , bowjax limb dampners and custom riser dampners .


  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Libby Montana
    Posts
    92
    I also think the Heartbreaker is a GREAT bow for women! It is smooth, fast and a good price
    elkcrazygirl
    Bowtech
    Carbon Express Prostaff

  3. #28

    Love this Bow!

    I've had this bow for a year now and I've used it for indoor 3D league, outdoor 3D shoots, Spot leagues and for hunting too. I LOVE this bow. I tried four different bows before buying this one. I compared my PSE, a Vixon, a Passion and this Heartbreaker. I really liked the Passion too, but comparing apples to apples, Matthews couldn't beat the deal that Bowtech offered with the Heartbreaker AND once I found out that the Heartbreaker was faster, it convinced me.

    I shoot 45 pounds with only a 24.5 inch draw. This short-draw bow is a little dynamo. It is smooth, easy to pull, has a solid wall and perfect let-off. During our league, many of the guys will comment on how quiet and fast it is. I would recommend it to anyone.

    I did remove the arrow rest and sight and replaced them with higher-end accessories, but with any of the other bows I would've had to buy these items anyways. Even with spending the extra dollars for these new accessories, I still got a great deal.

    I would recommend having her try it first and then if she likes it, GO FOR IT! You won't be sorry.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    46
    Picked up the heartbreaker - love it!
    Has significantly more speed than my current bow and no troubles for the longer distances what so ever! Woohooo!
    Thanks for postin gyour thoughs on speed etc. Muchly appreciated!
    Good luck with the bow hunt 'hunting_4_life' hope it goes well!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    1,033
    My wife shoots a HeartBreaker for target. She uses a 24" Easton A/C/E-SS stabilizer with 2 oz. Easton A/C/E-SS 10" side bar with 1.5 oz. A Sure-Loc Challenger 550, Trophy taker SS pro rest, Specialty Archery Peep, and Easton "Carbon One 900" arrows. This combination allows her to shoot outdoor tournaments with just 25" DL and 32 pounds DW.
    Archery loco!

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    32
    I have the razberry tournament edition and LOVE IT! I am strictly 3D it the speed helps tremendously! My draw length is only 23, I pull 50 pounds and chronoed at 272! I'm still in the process of sighting my bow in because I bought new sights (my bow came bare) so I haven't stepped back very far yet but def. worth the money...or at least the time to shoot one.

  7. #32
    could you gals post some pics of your raz target bows all decked out my wife is expecting hers any day now thanks
    bowtech cpxl 70lbs 29.5 in draw black ops, cbe tek hybrid, octane, limbsaver, code red rip cord, scott release hex
    Bowtech specialist 60 lbs 29.5 draw black ops

  8. #33
    ttt
    bowtech cpxl 70lbs 29.5 in draw black ops, cbe tek hybrid, octane, limbsaver, code red rip cord, scott release hex
    Bowtech specialist 60 lbs 29.5 draw black ops

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    286
    I bought a Heartbreaker last summer as a hunting bow. I really liked it at first, but after shooting it for a while, I don't love it. The draw cycle is ridiculously rough, and it has a very shallow valley. It is very fast, but the speed does not make up for the horrible draw cycle. Shooting faster just makes you miss faster. Unfortunately, I will be using it for my next few 3D shoots, due to an equipment malfunction with my other bow. As soon as my new bow gets here, I am selling the Heartbreaker...

  10. #35
    My girlfriend has had hers about one month now, granted she's new to the sport, (got tired of the boys shooting in the back yard with her getting to participate) We had her set up with the heart breaker black ops, it was a shot in the dark for me, she shot several bows, and thats the one she like, i didnt review online or anything. For her first bow it was all about her being comfortable with it, and that was clearly up to her, I just pushed her to the higher quality bows, that way we didnt need her to upgrade in another year. Her 5TH shot at the dealer, and she ruined two brand new arrows. Robin Hood!!! She loves the heartbreaker, and i created a monster she now has her apt. set up. if she opens the door to the gargage she can shoot in the living room through the kitchen and into the garage and get about 16 yards.......

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    1,033
    My wife got a second HB and this one came out of the box shooting great. Never touched it, never tuned, it shoots bullet holes, and bare shaft @ 20Yd perfectly.
    Archery loco!

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    170
    i just recently sold my heartbreaker for personal reasons. it shot great for me, i had the highest scores ever with it
    the back wall is nice, but i think it scared me. when you loosen up your muscles to let it down, it doesn't want to budge which can be a good but also a bad thing.
    let's just say i practically dry fired mine because the cams ripped the string out of my hand when i went to let it down, which was HOURS after i had just brought the bow home.
    ever since then i would try to NEVER let the bow down, i would just shoot an arrow out of it regardless.
    but other than that it was an awesome bow, and a step up from the beginner stage like the razor edge.
    it really helped me get through another year of hunting.

    i decided to go with the mathews jewel recently. i haven't noticed a real difference but i will say that after shooting the jewel i realized that my heartbreaker had hand vibration
    also i noticed that had more torque the more i shot the heartbreaker, but again that was probably a personal issue regarding my form or something else.

    but i would definitely reccommend it especially because the price is almost half of the jewel.
    ~*~*BowTech < Heart / breaker 3*~*~

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wetside WA State
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by alyssaaastewart View Post
    i just recently sold my heartbreaker for personal reasons. it shot great for me, i had the highest scores ever with it
    the back wall is nice, but i think it scared me. when you loosen up your muscles to let it down, it doesn't want to budge which can be a good but also a bad thing.
    let's just say i practically dry fired mine because the cams ripped the string out of my hand when i went to let it down, which was HOURS after i had just brought the bow home.
    ever since then i would try to NEVER let the bow down, i would just shoot an arrow out of it regardless.
    .
    My bow used to do this too-- it is the draw stop peg that needs to be adjusted or check and make sure that the draw stop is set right.
    What was wrong with mine was that the draw stop was not set for the right draw length ... after that was fixed we adjusted the peg for less of alet-off--- I would go to let down and there would be no sensation of the bow until it would realy try to jerk together...
    sorry if this doesn't make sense but have your bow looked at, it should not do this.

    After fixing this, my bow is so much nicer.
    Susie

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,891
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoswifey View Post
    I bought a Heartbreaker last summer as a hunting bow. I really liked it at first, but after shooting it for a while, I don't love it. The draw cycle is ridiculously rough, and it has a very shallow valley. It is very fast, but the speed does not make up for the horrible draw cycle. Shooting faster just makes you miss faster. Unfortunately, I will be using it for my next few 3D shoots, due to an equipment malfunction with my other bow. As soon as my new bow gets here, I am selling the Heartbreaker...
    You want speed? You got to get it somewhere.
    The valley you disliked is totally adjustable.

    Chrono it. Then chrono your new one.

    The Heartbreaker is Bowtech's new "Equalizer" but in a shorter ATA and it weighs less.

    I think you're dead wrong.

    Try pulling an Omen.

    You want speed? You'll have to work for it.
    `````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````` ````````````````
    Human life has become cheap in our "enlightened" society. Liberalism has taught these kids that there's no difference in killing a one-year-old in a stroller and killing a ten WEEK old baby in the womb! These killers are not human - they are demons spawned in the cesspool of Progressive ideology.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by threetoe View Post
    You want speed? You got to get it somewhere.
    The valley you disliked is totally adjustable.

    Chrono it. Then chrono your new one.

    The Heartbreaker is Bowtech's new "Equalizer" but in a shorter ATA and it weighs less.

    I think you're dead wrong.

    Try pulling an Omen.

    You want speed? You'll have to work for it.
    I'm shooting an Athens Exceed now. It's a much longer ATA and a lot smoother and speeds are the same. Was at 270 with the Bowtech, and 271 with my Athens.

    The Bowtech is not a bad bow, it just didn't work for me. I am a 27" draw, which is max on the Heartbreaker. I lent it to one of my friends who is just getting into archery. She is a 24" draw. The bow is much smoother at that DL than it was at 27".

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoswifey View Post
    I'm shooting an Athens Exceed now. It's a much longer ATA and a lot smoother and speeds are the same. Was at 270 with the Bowtech, and 271 with my Athens.

    The Bowtech is not a bad bow, it just didn't work for me. I am a 27" draw, which is max on the Heartbreaker. I lent it to one of my friends who is just getting into archery. She is a 24" draw. The bow is much smoother at that DL than it was at 27".
    I did chrono both and the Exceed is shooting 273 consistently and the Heartbreaker was hitting high 250s. Granted part of this is because she is able to pull 5 pounds more draw weight because of the smoothness of the Exceed's draw cycle and the fact it doesn't try to dislocate her shoulder when she lets it down.

    So I feel some on here are "dead wrong", you don't have to sacrifice smoothness or work for speed....it's just a matter of finding the right bow!!

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,891
    And you can get a Heartbreaker fully ready to hunt for $590.00 (or less) NEW!

    Don't forget the value for the buck.

    5 pounds is at least 10fps. Besides, why purchase a short draw bow unless you HAVE A SHORT DRAW?
    If I had a 27" draw length I wouldn't have an Equalizer.

    sheesh
    `````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````` ````````````````
    Human life has become cheap in our "enlightened" society. Liberalism has taught these kids that there's no difference in killing a one-year-old in a stroller and killing a ten WEEK old baby in the womb! These killers are not human - they are demons spawned in the cesspool of Progressive ideology.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by threetoe View Post
    You want speed? You got to get it somewhere.
    The valley you disliked is totally adjustable.

    Chrono it. Then chrono your new one.

    The Heartbreaker is Bowtech's new "Equalizer" but in a shorter ATA and it weighs less.

    I think you're dead wrong.

    Try pulling an Omen.

    You want speed? You'll have to work for it.
    I would take an Omen over the Heartbreaker any day. Drop 5lbs even 10lbs and you're still out performing the Heartbreaker. I actually contacted PSE regarding having an Omen made with custom 45lbs limbs. But I already bought a new Hoyt
    The heartbreaker is a decent bow at a good price. But for my money, there is far better choices.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by doegirl View Post
    I would take an Omen over the Heartbreaker any day. Drop 5lbs even 10lbs and you're still out performing the Heartbreaker. I actually contacted PSE regarding having an Omen made with custom 45lbs limbs. But I already bought a new Hoyt
    The heartbreaker is a decent bow at a good price. But for my money, there is far better choices.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    I agree 100%. You could by a really nice used bow for well under the Heartbreakers retail price. I made a mistake when I bought that bow. I'm just lucky enough to have a husband that bought me a new one as soon as I decided I didn't want it. My Athens is smoother, faster, and a lot easier to shoot. I haven't shot an Omen, but I have heard good things about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •