Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Damn cable slide broke on my sz 380!

You know what??? We could rate crossbows on cost per FPS! A Stryker 350 costs $1.50 per fps. A Carbon Elite costs $4.93 per fps. A 380 costs $1.97 per fps, a Vent will fall into the $3.73 per fps range. I think that's a cool way to rate a crossbow:-) You'll have to admit, the 350 looks good:-)
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE BUT.......

years ago I had a Rhino and the slide broke took some nylon material and a file, half our later new slide that never broke again.

Yep:-) I guess they weighed the cost of machining a nylon slide vs. casting or injection molding a plastic one :-(
    MOON

We could ... rate optics that way too. LOL Zeiss vs Hawke? Sorry, I'll take the Zeiss even if the dollars per XXX ... looks better on the Hawke.
    Unfortunately for Bowtech, bow performance for your dollar alone doesn't always make the sale. There are a dozen other components in the buying equation. Dependability, parts availability, service availability, corporate ethics, product longevity, company track record, ... the list is extensive. If it was just FPS for your dollar, Bowtech would blanket the market and wash away the competition like a tsunami.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE,
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks
    Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor.
    NRA Life Member 1971 Join up and fight to regain your rights!

something should have made you buy two duke....
    Strike Zone 350, Hawke XB30, Gold Tip Lazer III, Lumenoks, NAP FOC Broadheads
    Strike Zone 350, Gold Tip Lazer III, Lumenoks, NAP FOC Broadheads

You and I hardly qualify for the middle of the pack anyway:-) Nothing always makes the sale.....not even a gorgeous blonde:-) Why did you have to throw all that other stuff in there and make the selection so complicated????:-) Just go with the $$$/fps:-)
    MOON

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalasports View Post
    something should have made you buy two duke....
    Two??? try ... four! I had two Bowtech Allegiances. LOL Yeah it was $$$/FPS. Honestly, I was happy enough with the bows up until the SZ380. I'd like to replace the 380 with a Darton Fireforce. I like the Scorpyd Ventilator on paper; but Darton has been around for decades and likely will continue to be, has equal or better performance and is $300.00 less costly.
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks

have you shot the fireforce yet Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    You and I hardly qualify for the middle of the pack anyway:-) Nothing always makes the sale.....not even a gorgeous blonde:-) Why did you have to throw all that other stuff in there and make the selection so complicated????:-) Just go with the $$$/fps:-)
    Don't think ... the "Martin Girls" didn't have me looking at Martin Archery offerings with an interest to buy when I was buying Hoyt & Bowtech and considering Mathews. A lot could be said for including a gorgeous blonde in the advertising campaign. Just because I think deep, doesn't mean I'm not shallow. LOL
    You're right ... it's nearly impossible to explain what goes into me buying a particular product. I'm pretty hard to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalasports View Post
    have you shot the fireforce yet Duke?
    No ... I have to sell the SZ380 before buying something else. Besides, I don't have to shoot a weapon to buy it. Not unless it's a shotgun. If a long gun has a great reputation for performance, I'll shoot it well. All I care about is if it will hit where I'm aiming. Shotguns have to hit where I'm looking ... a big difference.

I'm hearing some stuff already for 2013:-) and I'm not repeating any of it......yet. If it's true, hang onto your thingamajigs:-)

I like the Serpent (tested one) but the Fireforce is longer and likely even heavier. The stuff you guys do to get unecessary/excessive speed!
    MOON

Moon is it similar to the strykeforce

I have not heard anything about that brand.
    MOON

I'm hearing some stuff already for 2013:-) and I'm not repeating any of it......yet. If it's true, hang onto your thingamajigs:-)

I like the Serpent (tested one) but the Fireforce is longer and likely even heavier. The stuff you guys do to get unecessary/excessive speed!
    Unnecessary & Excessive???... LOL "Overkill is underrated!" (in my world) “If a little bit is good ... a LOT is better.”

"I'm hearing some stuff already for 2013:-) and I'm not repeating any of it......yet. If it's true, hang onto your thingamajigs:-)"

I wish you would't do that ...lol
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Vent 150 HHA Vortex
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

Quote Originally Posted by randyxx75 View Post
    "I'm hearing some stuff already for 2013:-) and I'm not repeating any of it......yet. If it's true, hang onto your thingamajigs:-)"

I wish you would't do that ...lol
    Yeah ... I knew girls that perfected that routine way back in high school.

That's what I said to myself when I was told to watch out for 2013:-) It's all fun. Just start saving for next year
    MOON

Like i said before they havent made an Xbow yet that I just gotta have......Guns are a different story,cant earn enough to buy all of em im dieing to have!!!!!Can ya shoot us/me a hint Moon,make it even easier is it reverse limbed?

I have no idea, I really don't. I was just told to start saving the pennies for 2013 and I was given a hint where it may be coming from.
    MOON

Just great, there are a couple bows I'd like to have from this year and we are already talking about next.
    How much do those people make that stand out front of a business in a crazy outfit holding a sign. My wife says I would be a natural as I don't really need the crazy costume......lol.

I'm going for the Wal-Mart Greeter job:-) I'll keep my camera in my back pocket. I actually saw an older woman (about my age:-) wearing a plastic Wal-Mart bag over each shoe with a rubber band around her ankles to keep them up.

As to crossbows, you haven't seen anything yet. If we are smart (that leaves me out) we will choose a crossbow that's comfortable to hunt with, shoots good and is dependable.... and be done with it. It's hard to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

I disagree moon, I want multiple crossbows. I'm like king Solomon with all his wives and concubines. I want one for every day of the year ......ok I'm getting carried away but you see what I want.

So getting back to the cable slide issue; Received my new cable slide from Wyverns in 2 days priority mail, and finally got a chance to sight in the XB30 scope without anymore issues. I had also requested a Bowtech module for my 2004 Justice verticle bow, but found out I can only get a half size above or below the 28" draw that I have been looking for. Since I couldn't get the exact 28" module I've been looking for, Dave sent me both half sizes above and below the 28" for FREE along with the new slide!

After a few different issues with the SZ350 (no limb problems) and some target frustration, everything seems to be working great now and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'm so glad that I choose to buy from Wyverns, as they were able to provide very quick turn around and free shipping on parts. It was easily the best customer service experience that I have ever had with any product! I'm going to be away turkey hunting over the weekend, but sometime next week I'll post a review of the bow's setup and performance when I have time.

I do have a question for you guys. Sighting in my scope I thought I would be alright shooting a couple groups @ 40 yards but ended up damaging 2 aluminum nocks out of a 3 arrow group! I actually think the aluminum nocks deflected the other arrow a bit and saved the carbon shafts though. Can I just carefully heat up the end of the carbon arrows with a lighter and pull those aluminum nocks right out with pliers to replace them?

Call David:-) There's no way you'd get that kind of service from the average archery shop that just happens to sell crossbows.

I use only a tiny bit of archery heat melt glue on my aluminum nocks but I'm careful not to heat them up too much because those shafts don't like heat.
    MOON

Cossack, go back up to post #9. The one on the right is what we call a cable slide. The one on the left is a dime......just about all I have anymore
    Sorry Moon, forgot the wink in my post. Cable slides are the small but necessary thingies that sail off into the woods when they are most needed. Been there done that..... pre Excal.
    Why do I hunt? Simple, it's BASIC.
    Why do you breathe?!

Excalibur, Mission, Parker, single shot rifles and handguns

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast