Thread: My review of the Red wing heat modable insoles.

My review of the Red wing heat modable insoles.

Ok so you might ask hows this bowhunting related. Well its for those who walk miles into the woods with all their gear weighing them down, chasing birds, elk, whitetail...ect. So yes, this is IMHO RELATED.

So A while back I was in the redwing store to get some laces, and a new insole. My redwing 2235's are about 2 years old, and was in need of replacing the factory insoles. I went in for the "powerstep" which were around 35 dollars. I noticed they had the "heat moldable" kind for 50 bucks...at first I thought whew...thats high! 50 bucks for some insole...?!!! well the guy there talked to me, and apparently there is a foot doctor who would send all those he seen to get a pair. So being my uncles a foot doc, I called him up and asked...he said yeah there very good.

So I bought them. total was something just shy of 54 bucks after taxes.

so I got home, pre heated my oven to 200F just like I was told, put the insoles on a cookie sheet for 3 min. Took them out and put them in my boots. I immediately put my boots on, laced up as normal, and stood in them trying my best to disperse my weight naturally and evenly for 2 minutes.

After 2 min I walked around and WOW!!! what a HUGE difference! Almost instant gratification! it was like walking on a cloud!

So after that I took my boots off to let them cool back down, and the next day had to do a 11 1/2 hour shift at work on a concrete floor. NO PAIN! no throbbing, no sore feet, not even once did my feet distract me from my job...

So over the last week I have wore them and feel I can now give a decent review of how well they are working. I have flat feet, Im fat, and have a bad knee. Ive wore every Dr. scholls insole made and NEVER have my feet felt this good.

I got to reading online, apparent they have gotten RAVE reviews. see for yourself!

this is for the same kind I bought.

http://www.hanksclothing.com/red_win...soles_buy.html

this is basically the same thing, but a different brand. IMHO if the military recomends them there good to go!

https://secure.yoursole.com/us/footbeds/softec-ultra/

So I just wanted to share this with yall, as I know some of you guys/gals can walk MILES in mountains and other terrain chasing game loaded to the gills with gear. Figure this could help somebody! Not only would they be perfect for hunting, but for work too!

Thanks.
    I keep Tarantulas as my other hobby.

2011 Bowtech Assassin, 60X strings and cables, Bob Lambeth side plates, QAD ultra pro hd, 5 pin wrapped spot- hogg "real deal", Gold TIP XT hunters(5575), 100grn slick trick magnums, Limbsaver S coil stabilizer, bowrattler

Hmmm......I tried a similar one and it didn't stay warm. Maybe these would.

That sounds good with turkey season right around the corner.

Kinda what I was thinking.
    I keep Tarantulas as my other hobby.

2011 Bowtech Assassin, 60X strings and cables, Bob Lambeth side plates, QAD ultra pro hd, 5 pin wrapped spot- hogg "real deal", Gold TIP XT hunters(5575), 100grn slick trick magnums, Limbsaver S coil stabilizer, bowrattler

I had special inserts made for my arches (big money) I figured why not try the form fit red wing insoles, Oh my my feet have never felt better.

Might have to give them a try....
    Perrys No Peep Archery sights www.perrysnopeep.com

BlackGold Archery sights --> Best prices--> Custom sight orders

John 3:16

My review of the Red wing heat modable insoles.

Quote Originally Posted by hedp View Post

I don't think these are intended to stay warm as would a heated insole. The are heated only to allow them to mold to your feet for a perfect, molded fit.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    pinehillarcheryclub.org

Winning Season Bowstrings

Good Shooting - Jeremiah

Re: My review of the Red wing heat modable insoles.

Quote Originally Posted by hedp View Post

These aren't made to stay warm. The are heated once to soften the material to allow it to mold around your foot.

I've had these in my Redwings work boots for about 9 months. They are great! But over the miles they have become stiff. I plan in getting another set for next year.

The boots are also very nice. I didn't realize some of their boots were made in China. I found out my pair was and became quite upset for what I paid for a pair of work boots. But they are still going strong and still waterproof.
    Archery makes my shaft quiver.