Thread: PSE Bowstrings on Bow Madness, are they any good. Having problems!!!!

PSE Bowstrings on Bow Madness, are they any good. Having problems!!!!

I am having problems with peep rotation on my new Bow Madness. I have probably 300 shots on the bow and the string wants to continue to rotate, It's not a gradual rotation either. Is this a common problem? Will it ever settle in? Any help or tricks you guys have?

mine does the same thing im getting ready to order a new one...

Take that string off and get yourself a winners choice string if you dont make your own. Most manufactures strings are JUNK!

Do yourself a favor and get some different strings. Dont waste your money on Winners Choice. There are plenty of great string makers on A/T that you can get better strings for quite a bit cheaper.
    2011 PSE X Force Vendetta XL, Truglo Super Slam Sight, Limbdriver Pro V, Vapor Trail Strings and Cables, B Stinger, Bling Sling, PSE X Quiver, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 250, Rage 2-Blade
    PSE MILITIA

Get a new set of strings and be sure the string builder serves the idler wheel. That I think is the biggest problem with pse's string on the bow madness. An aftermarket set made from 452x or Trophy will last you two or more years and you will see better performance in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by ROSKO P View Post
    I am having problems with peep rotation on my new Bow Madness. I have probably 300 shots on the bow and the string wants to continue to rotate, It's not a gradual rotation either. Is this a common problem? Will it ever settle in? Any help or tricks you guys have?
    Owner of Energy Wave Bowstrings and Energy Wave Archery
    You can find our ads on AT and Ebay. You can also order at www.energywavebowstrings.com or by calling 615-426-3425
    Middle Tennessee Elite Archery Dealer

Is buying a new set of strings the only solution. Thats kinda like buying a new car and replacing the tires after a 100 miles.

When I had my Bow Madness I had new strings put on it before I even brought it home from the shop. I know that the factory strings arent very good. When you do get new strings do make sure that they serve over the idler like mentioned above. The first set of strings I had werent and the peep still rotated. I ordered a new set and had serving put over the idler and the peep never moved again.
    2011 PSE X Force Vendetta XL, Truglo Super Slam Sight, Limbdriver Pro V, Vapor Trail Strings and Cables, B Stinger, Bling Sling, PSE X Quiver, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 250, Rage 2-Blade
    PSE MILITIA

I didn't even shoot the stock strings on my 3G. I have 60X strings on mine and they are holding up great.
    E32 Stormy Hardwoods NATURAL
    Breathn Strings
    STORMY HARDWOODS PRO STAFF

Brad didn't serve over the idler and my peep hasn't moved and I've shot it a lot.
    E32 Stormy Hardwoods NATURAL
    Breathn Strings
    STORMY HARDWOODS PRO STAFF

the idler was designed not to have serving...mine nor my wifes have rotated....the only time i have had any rotation was from replacing the serving and going the wrong way when i put it on....fixed it and no problems

yep replace them save your self the aggrevation. I had to replace the ones on my supra me as well,put americas best on and havent had to touch them since no rotation,or stretching at all.

Replace the strings, shot them with the original strings and got no peep rotation but would trade them and make sure the idler wheel is served. I upgraded to the evo but still have the madness but love the winner's choice strings!
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

Had the same problem with a PSE Brute. Peep would line up once I got my release on the loop and back to full draw, but still a pain the ***** to get the arrow and release on for a shot. I dealt with it for a year because I'm cheap and I thought it would settle, but it never did. Buy new strings.

what happens with a string that is not served over the the idler wheel is, every time you draw the bow the string wants to rotate with the twist as the strands move across the wheel. it's kinda of works like a worm gear if you can picture that.
    if your handy and can take the string off or have someone do it you can fix it by serving where the string goes around the idler wheel. otherwise replace the string with one that comes alreadyy served. winners choice do work well.
    Northern Dutchess Archery we put the PRO back in pro shop www.ndarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by JGV View Post
    what happens with a string that is not served over the the idler wheel is, every time you draw the bow the string wants to rotate with the twist as the strands move across the wheel. it's kinda of works like a worm gear if you can picture that.
    if your handy and can take the string off or have someone do it you can fix it by serving where the string goes around the idler wheel. otherwise replace the string with one that comes alreadyy served. winners choice do work well.
    Agreed! if a new string isnt a option right now...slap a tubed peep and and shoot the crap out of till its time for new a new string.
    2010 PSE Vendetta XL, Doinker,CBE,Easton
    2012 PSE Dominator 3D Doinker,CBE,Easton
    2014 PSE Supra Max, Doinker,CBE,Goldtip Arrows.

vapor trail it and forget it,, its not a great string, just functional that comes on it