Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoyt VT vs Bowtech insanity through crono. Pic and vis heavy

I did that when I went from 12 or 13 slow to 7 slow. I know how the Bowtechs are, I have had a D340 and D350 and had both shooting great, as well as my assassin.

Hunting setup - Hoyt Vector Turbo, 29" 66#, Hoyt QAD fall away rest, Davis Archery single pin with no lens, doinker 10" multirod, Hoyt wood side plate grips, GT Pro Hunter, 385 grain @ 311 fps and dead accurate.
    Target setup - Hoyt VT, 29" 62#, Hoyt QAD, Davis archery 4" with 4x lens, 30" Doinker front stab, 12" Doinker side bar, Easton Eclipse 2613's.

you guys got me so confused. i would think that the insanity will be a faster bow.

After working on it for a while I have it shooting a few fps faster than the VT but not the advertised 15 pfs faster. I'm basically just *****ing because I believe all of these companies should have their speeds determined by an outside agency. Bowtech advertises at the limit of what the best tuners in the US can get, while hoyt and elite and some others advertise well under that level so that 99% of people can get the advertised speed or beyond. It would make life easier if there was an actual speed and thats what they shot, if Bowtech can't turn them out shooting 355 then don't advertise it.
    Hunting setup - Hoyt Vector Turbo, 29" 66#, Hoyt QAD fall away rest, Davis Archery single pin with no lens, doinker 10" multirod, Hoyt wood side plate grips, GT Pro Hunter, 385 grain @ 311 fps and dead accurate.
    Target setup - Hoyt VT, 29" 62#, Hoyt QAD, Davis archery 4" with 4x lens, 30" Doinker front stab, 12" Doinker side bar, Easton Eclipse 2613's.

Quote Originally Posted by BowAssassin View Post
    People take this stuff way too personally. All I wanted was a apples to apples review. I did the best I could with what I had at hand and these were the results. If you are so fixated in your beliefs that since the best tuners in the US were able to get the speed that I must be lying to try to bash this bow, I have some advice for you. Turn off the computer, walk out of your moms basement, go to the closest vendor of adult beverage, and attempt to convince some young lady take you home so you can possibly have some hope for a future outside of this forum. Just please wear a condom, there are enough idiots in the world. Your procreation would undoubtedly spread nothing but ignorance and the ability to bash from behind a keyboard in the security of your parents basement.

Thank you to all of the rest of you for your responses.
    My mother passed away this year, and I bet you would'nt have the guts to say that to my face. These bows are not an unsolvable puzzle. Maybe instead of posting thse useless opinions you should learn to tune a bow properly. Enjoy.
    I'm new at this. Lets shoot for money

Quote Originally Posted by nwmulie View Post
    My mother passed away this year, and I bet you would'nt have the guts to say that to my face. These bows are not an unsolvable puzzle. Maybe instead of posting thse useless opinions you should learn to tune a bow properly. Enjoy.
    Sorry for your loss, would I have the guts absolutely, would I have the disrespect, absolutely not. My bow ie the VT is shooting well beyond the advertised speed. the BT CPX is only getting to speed when in the hands of the best tuners out there.

so what is the better bow?

Close to NYC but far enough away to Hunt!!!
    Originally Posted by BowAssassin
    People take this stuff way too personally. All I wanted was a apples to apples review. I did the best I could with what I had at hand and these were the results. If you are so fixated in your beliefs that since the best tuners in the US were able to get the speed that I must be lying to try to bash this bow, I have some advice for you. Turn off the computer, walk out of your moms basement, go to the closest vendor of adult beverage, and attempt to convince some young lady take you home so you can possibly have some hope for a future outside of this forum. Just please wear a condom, there are enough idiots in the world. Your procreation would undoubtedly spread nothing but ignorance and the ability to bash from behind a keyboard in the security of your parents basement.

Thank you to all of the rest of you for your responses.
    That's funny! And the OP is well educated. Correct grammar and punctuation. LMAO. !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hphunter View Post
    That's funny! And the OP is well educated. Correct grammar and punctuation. LMAO. !!!!
    I wouldn't go that far, but uncle sam did decide to pay for me to get an education after I helped him with a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by pselover View Post
    so what is the better bow?
    Matter of opinion. I prefer the VT but I do like the CPX. I am waiting for the CPXL to come out so I can decided on which will be my new bow. I think the VT holds better and is a little smoother drawing. But thats just my opinion, I'm sure lots would tell you the CPX will draw it's self while hitting the advertised speed. lol. Just go shoot them both and see which you prefer.

The bow I shot was out of the box, with no "tuning" to speak of, other than to set the rip cord up put the peep and d-loop in. I don't believe it was shot through paper, pretty basic, it had a stablizer and sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dust'em View Post
    The bow I shot was out of the box, with no "tuning" to speak of, other than to set the rip cord up put the peep and d-loop in. I don't believe it was shot through paper, pretty basic, it had a stablizer and sight.
    If they all came in that close out of the box it wouldn't be so bad. Im happy with it even at 7 slower than advertised. I like the bow just complaining about the speed ratings.

Yeah, I understand I have no arguement with ya! It is what It is!!!!

so is insanity slower then they say 355. darton 3800 was mostly right on with there speeds so is bowtech lieing about there speeds?

Close to NYC but far enough away to Hunt!!!
    IMO only Hoyt hits IBO and I don't shoot Hoyt. Just too slow for me at 60lbs. Great bows just not fast enough (prior to 2012 models). Haven't shot any 2012's yet.

The bow is rated up to 355 at 30/70. Where has there been a test of a 30/70 done here?
    North American Safari Pro Staff
    Team BowTech
    QAD Pro Tech
    BowTech, Diamond, PSE, New Breed, Strother Archery
    cartersarchery.net

Quote Originally Posted by Crackers View Post
    The bow is rated up to 355 at 30/70. Where has there been a test of a 30/70 done here?
    It hasn't been done here. I did the comparison at 29" when this entire thing started it was just a comparison I don't shoot 30" or 70 lbs nor do most other hunters so I wanted to do a review at a more real world setup 28.5 - 29" draw and 62# seemed like a good standard. Mostly because thats what I shoot. When people started asking about ibo speed I worked off of standard formula to relate it as if it were at IBO standard of 70# 30" 350gr.

Almost all 60 lb bows shoot slower. To see if a bow will meet a advertised IBO you have to use a 70. There is no formula better then a shot through the chrono.
    North American Safari Pro Staff
    Team BowTech
    QAD Pro Tech
    BowTech, Diamond, PSE, New Breed, Strother Archery
    cartersarchery.net

Quote Originally Posted by Crackers View Post
    Almost all 60 lb bows shoot slower. To see if a bow will meet a advertised IBO you have to use a 70. There is no formula better then a shot through the chrono.
    Once we get a 70#er in I'll shoot it for sure. I like the bow just wanted to see a little more speed out of it thats all. The one I'm really wanting to get in is the CPXL, I prefer a longer ata bow.

What is hilarious is this whole debate over 10 fps ... Heck I'm not sure 20 fps really makes a difference .. I have yet to see a convincing argument otherwise .

You guys are all butthurt over less than 10 fps ...

Who cares !!!

OP good job presenting ... Hey some can't handle the truth whatever that might be ...

The truth is ..... 10-20 fps makes such a negligeable difference in KE or poi ..
    Hoyt RKT Matrix
    It's just a bow.. Shoot it
    Gut Piles Make Me Happy™

Quote Originally Posted by stixshooter View Post
    What is hilarious is this whole debate over 10 fps ... Heck I'm not sure 20 fps really makes a difference .. I have yet to see a convincing argument otherwise .

You guys are all butthurt over less than 10 fps ...

Who cares !!!

OP good job presenting ... Hey some can't handle the truth whatever that might be ...

The truth is ..... 10-20 fps makes such a negligeable difference in KE or poi ..
    Thank you.
    I love haters, I didn't have the kids tonight so it was nice to have something to do. lol

Man I am learning a bunch about archery tonight...new meaning for 10fps..
    10 Fanboys pound sand...haha
    EXWOLVERINE STAFF SHOOTER... FOR THE BEST IN STRINGS VISIT...
    parknsonsarchery.com
    NO LIMIT ARCHERY STAFF... PROUDLY SHOOTING THE RINGER RELEASE AND GRAVE DIGGER BROADHEADS

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie/PA View Post
    Exactly. The Insanity at 26.5" will do 315 fps.
    Must have to do with one being tuned better...

I can't believe I'm wading into this mess but I own both an Invasion CPX and a Carbon Element both 70# both 29.5" draw. I've spent zero time tuning the Hoyt and countless hours tuning the Bowtech.
    I have 2 different chronographs and an easton digital bow scale. I am about as agnostic as you can be.

Invasion shoots 1 - 2 fps faster than the hoyt so basically 8 or 10 FPS below IBO.
    70.9# 370gr V1 VAP 29.5" draw shooting 318 FPS (should be 326 -328).

I love both bows but I've never been able to achieve IBO with the Bowtech. This is after calls and e-mails to Bowtech directly and several trips to my pro-shop.
    Not saying all their bows are over rated, but clearly there is an issue if you need super tuning to get within 10 FPS of advertised speeds.

Not sure how this thread was interpreted as a Bowtech attack but my experience as an owner of 3 different bow brands leads me to conclude than the OP was honest and accurate in his review.
    Doesn't mean others didn't see different results but that is exactly the problem.
    Mathews Switchback XT 70# / 30" + Bowtech Invasion CPX 70# / 29.5" + Hoyt Carbon Element 70# / 29.5" + Mathews HeliM 70# / 29"

Here I will show you guys why IBO rating is so far fetched

Use the backcountrybowhunting.com Archery Calculator
    http://www.backcountrybowhunting.com/articles/calc/

Plug in ATA specs = 70#......350gr arrow(5gr/#).....30" draw... plug in 330 IBO .....zero on the string...you get = 330 fps
    Now do the exact same test BUT....go by what IBO would ALLOW= 82#......410gr arrow(5gr/#).........30" draw....plug in 330 IBO.....zero on the string...you get = 336 fps
    6 FPS more, which is close to 2% more
    Apples and oranges.....plain & simple
    IBO allows any weight up to 82#, they just have to use an arrow that is 5gr/#
    NOT a level playing field for a standardized test.....8^(

That is why Hoyt uses ATA standard of testing bow speeds, NOT... IBO

Interesting cause I have shot both through the chrono too, my insanity at 59.6lbs shooting a 342grain GT ULpro400 at 30" draw length is getting 325fps... fully loaded string. So take roughly 50 grains for the added peep and arrow weight = 20fps, I am getting 345+- with a loop on the string...=+- 4fps and add .5 pound draw weight, which comes out at about 352-354fps...right at IBO. My VT however was almost 15 fps slower at same scaled weights, lengths etc...apples to apples. Your test tells me either your Hoyt is running way long on AMO/ATA draw length or your Insanity is running short on AMO..
    I haven't had the chance to physically measure the AMO/ATA draw length by measuring at full draw on a draw board yet, but I would bet my VT that the Insanity is roughly 1/3 to 1/2" SHORT of AMO/ATA measurement at the 30" setting, while the VT is about that same measurement OVER ATA/AMO draw length at the 30" draw setting.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast