Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QAD Exodus vs Steel Drum

QAD Exodus vs Steel Drum

Check out this video of the QAD Exodus being shot through a steel drum five times. Impressive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY8sBXT3JFk
    "His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

Thats just awesome.

I like the fact it's similar to the Ramcat but you don't have to worry about messing with the blades. I just hope it's as accurate.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
    Element black out-GT Pro Hunter-MBG Ascent-Hamskea-Fuse Carbon Blade
    Factor 34-MBG Ascent-Hamskea-B-Stinger-GT

Quote Originally Posted by flozell_a View Post
    I like the fact it's similar to the Ramcat but you don't have to worry about messing with the blades. I just hope it's as accurate.
    It is surprisingly accurate. The short ferrule allows the overall arrow length, spine and FOC to be exactly like it is with a field tip. Mine are exactly like my field tips out to 60. Fairly close to them out to 80.
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

I have been getting this had for a few weeks, I am extremely happy with it. It's quiet in flight, flies perfect with my field point, which is surprising for a 1 1/4" fixed blade. I love the way the blades lock in, they are solid, no lose blades shot after shot. This had will take over as my big game head...

Quote Originally Posted by Orion_Jeff View Post
    I have been getting this had for a few weeks, I am extremely happy with it. It's quiet in flight, flies perfect with my field point, which is surprising for a 1 1/4" fixed blade. I love the way the blades lock in, they are solid, no lose blades shot after shot. This had will take over as my big game head...
    Yep! Completely agree.

I just picked up a three pack on e-bay for $12.

That's pretty amazing!!
    Question tradition constantly, change tradition carefully.
    12 Mathews Heli-M 70# 28", 08 General 279 70#,Whisker Biscuit
    Maxima 350, 360 gr.,28"DL
    Muzzy three blade 75 gr.-today anyway
    Micro 7 pin IQ, Truball Prodiamond extreme

Live in Louisiana, but hunt in Mississippi
    Impressive broadhead!

Live in Louisiana, but hunt in Mississippi

Testing

i would like to know what arrow he used.

QAD Exodus vs Steel Drum

Quote Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    i would like to know what arrow he used.
    Same here!!
    2014 Obsession Evolution @ 29.25 380 gr Vap @ 319
    2014 Obsession Phoenix @ 29.25 380 gr Vap @ 300

"We keep score! If you sign up doesnt mean you play! Everyone doesnt get a trophy! There are no treats after every game! Welcome to life!! Glenn Spencer

very sharp, strong and good flying heads.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

this is perfect info for my steel drum hunt this fall!!!!
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo Blackout

If it has two lungs, i hunt it......

If you read the comments someone notices at 2:50 he walks back and has the arrow in his right hand bow in left. He puts the bow down and instantaneously comes back up with the arrow in his left hand. Calling shanangians. They at least stopped the video because you can see its a little jerky at that point. Not sure what they did there but it kind of invalidates the test.

Quote Originally Posted by gpbst3 View Post
    If you read the comments someone notices at 2:50 he walks back and has the arrow in his right hand bow in left. He puts the bow down and instantaneously comes back up with the arrow in his left hand. Calling shanangians. They at least stopped the video because you can see its a little jerky at that point. Not sure what they did there but it kind of invalidates the test.
    All he did was grab the thing he used to tighten the head. He didn't swap arrows or anything.

70# CRX 32 blackout
    Axcel armortech-hd, doinker tactical stabalizer, G5 expert II, Fuse ventera shorty,
    470gr easton axis n-fused 340 @16% f.o.c, QAD EXODUS

I shot one through a dryer and it was fine. That's 4 layers of steel with the dryer drum being pretty thick.
    NBA Eclipse 70# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Rampages w FF Vanes/Exodus/Black Gold Ascent/Axion Pulse
    PSE Freak 64# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Carnivores/Grave Digger/BG Ascent/Axion Pulse
    Thunderhorn Longbow 64# @ 32"/ Arrow Dynamic Trad Arrows
    John's Custom Strings

Quote Originally Posted by gpbst3 View Post
    Same arrow bro, just because your BH can't do it don't throw inaccurate facts out. Thanks

I can't wait to put one if these through a big Nv muley this year.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk 🎯 🇺🇸
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

55 pound bow same sort of test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYZVB_m1s68

I really can't believe the vanes stayed on for all 5 shots through both sides of the barrel. I'd have to be there to believe that. At 6:35 the cameraman or someone is whispering script for him to repeat for the remainder of the video. LOL ...... I do have and like the Exodus heads though

Regardless if anything weird happened in the video, I vouch for the exodus. I took 3 deer with them last year, all pass through and great blood trails. They are tipping my arrows again this year! Good luck hunting all, 2 months 3 days away here in MN
    Retired USMC, semper fi

LOL, everyone always thinks there's some sort of conspiracy. I have never used these heads so I don't have a dog in this fight but you can clearly see when he sets his bow down at 2:50 he switches his arrow into his other hand while he grabs the head tightner in one fluid motion.

The camera man whispering just says to repeat that it was 5 times, and to tell what kind of head it is again because the guy shooting was having brain farts.

I wasn't suggesting any conspiracy by pointing out the whispering of prompts, so the guy being filmed could get the advertising points across to viewers. It was simply humorous to me. I have no doubt that the broadhead and shaft could get through a steel barrel under the right conditions but from personal experience, I do not believe normal vanes will make it through both sides of any steel barrel of a reasonable gauge thickness steel, five times under any conditions. That is a huge stretch for perfect vane alignment through the blade cuts on both sides of the barrel.

I hear ya, I wasn't really talking about your comments suggesting a conspiracy, what you said was funny. I was just pointing out what he was whispering.

I was talkin about the other guys who suggest they must shut off the camera and switch heads and turn it back on because the arrow switches hands.

They are one great head and tough, i took over 15 aniamls with them last year from larger plains game to deer in the states, great flight and great holes.
    2014 BT RPM 50lbs for wife 378 grain arrow 271 fps and 42 fps faster then her elite.
    2013 Hoyt spyder LD specs to come.
    2012 CPXL SH camo 52lbs 436 grain arrow 279fps.
    2012 Elite answer 52.5lbs wifes
    SZ 350

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast