a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: NAP Quickfletch or Bohning shrink wraps

NAP Quickfletch or Bohning shrink wraps

How well do either of these products work? do they hold up as well as normal vanes? will they stick properly or fly off?

I have used the NAP Quickfletch, and I have had no problems. The only thing I do differently from the instructions is I keep the water boiling on the stove top. Instructions tell you to remove boiling water from heat. Secondly I clean the shafts really good with Acetone and wipe dry with a clean rag. I've had them pass through block targets with no issues. I like them.

ttt

ttt

ttt

I have used both. I think they are worth their weight in gold.
    If it's brown, it's down. If it has spot's, pick one! BOWTECH INVASION

They both work well for me. I usually go with the NAP's because of cost.

ttt

I've used both & prefer quickfletch

I have used the naps with no problem

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

I have used the NAP's and they have worked very well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2010 Darton Pro 3800 w/DS mods Apache Stab, QAD Hunter Rest, Vital Gear Sight
    29in Draw
    60lbs
    399 grain arrow
    290 FPS

Quick fletch work awesome! Can't speak for Bohning though.

Bohning works awesome so far. I've only had em on two days though lol.
    Hoyt Alphamax 32, Gold Tip XT Hunter

I used the NAP's and they slid half way off the first time I shot them through a target. Easton Full Metal Jacket arrows. Bad batch? Do they stick to carbon better??
    I never lie, because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid. - John Gotti

I've used the Bohnings, and I've had mixed results. I followed the temperature instructions to the letter, even using a thermometer to stay within Bohning's recommendations. I've also timed the dips to go exactly 10 seconds, and did nice steady insertions so they seal properly as they are dipped. I used a tall coffee thermos, which worked great.

There is inconsistency in how they fit, and I've also had some become loose and slide along the arrow shaft after a few shots. I noticed when I removed the Shrink Fletch, water had remained between the wrap and the arrow shaft causing it to not adhere to the shaft correctly. A few have had that problem, but most have not. I also noticed the wraps are very brittle and are more prone to damage than normally fletched arrows. I found I was having to replace them more often than the fletching on my other arrows, and the cost can add up quickly. I recently abandoned them for a jig and materials to do my own arrows.

I like the concept, and they are simple to put on. However, there are definitely some bugs to be worked out. I have not tried the NAP versions, only Bohning. I've found it much less expensive and far more satisfying to fletch my arrows the traditional way with a jig.

There are no helical versions of the Shrink Fletch, so you are limited to straight vanes if you use them.

I just bought & tried the Bohning-Quickfletch, I really like the concept as well but am not impressed thus far with how the wraps adhered to the shaft...there are air or water bubbles underneath at the front edge of the vanes on nearly every arrow, that along with each vane seems to have lost it's rigidity and is kind of "wavy". So far they fly okay, good enough to get you by in a bind but I'm pretty positive I'll be stripping them off and trying the NAP version...the only question then is, twister or quikspin???
    '13 HOYT Pro Comp Elite (Spiral-X) 60# & 29½", 330 grains @ 290 FPS
    '13 HOYT Carbon Matrix G3 (Z5 conversion) 64# & 30", 330 grains @ 320 FPS
    SPOT HOGG, B-STINGER, GOLD TIP, TROPHY TAKER, SLICK-TRICK, HOT SHOT, TIGHT-SPOT

NAP quickfletch twister vanes have worked flawlessly for me for the past year, hunting and target shooting

I have had good luck with the NAP Quickfletch twister. I also turn the back end of the quick fletch while it is still hot to get a little twist in the vanes. The have been fairly durable but I would not expect them to be as good as tradational fletching. I just wish they made them with feathers.
    Mike

I use the NAP Bone Collector shrink fletch and so far they have been solid. But if you nick the wrap with another fletching off another arrow they tear and are useless afterwards. I think the price is crazy though. I paid $24 for 6 at Dicks. Ill keep a few in my bow case for an emergency but Id rather just use my bitzenburg and do them right.

I use the quickfletch, and I have for the last 4 years. I really like them. The only thing well the only 2 things Ive noticed is wait a little longer than the recommended 15 mins. I have tried to pull them out of a target and the tube slides off, and the last would be at the very bottom of the vanes the tube cracks but it doesnt affect the flight
    Aim Small Miss Small

Nap works great holds up great.