a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: SWAP: 2012 Ohio Deer Hunt for other State Deer hunt

SWAP: 2012 Ohio Deer Hunt for other State Deer hunt

Hello Fellow Hunters! Dang, this is a weird thing to type up but I'll give it my best shot. I'm looking for someone in a surrounding state to OH who is similar minded, more importantly puts in a similar amount of effort into deer hunting, who'd be willing to set me up on one of your properties in 2012 to have a decent chance at a decent buck and I'd be willing to provide the same in Ohio. I understand the "similar effort" is going to be the hardest thing to express, and confirm with one another and that does worry me, but hopefully we can figure it out. I'm not an outfitter, although I joke about "Uncle Bills Outfitting", but that's mainly from taking my nephews over the years along with taking so many friends over the years. I put a lot more effort and planning then the average hunter, and that includes the 6-8 bow hunter friends that I have whom I would never "swap a hunt" with as I end up having to take them to get their deer each year. They are good friends but more the type of people to..... go sit in a tree and see what happens. I used to be that way but over the last few years I've stepped it up a notch and I don't EVER just go sit in a tree, I'm going to hunt a spot for a specific deer and/or hunting the spot because in my mind that tree has the highest percentage of success out of all 20-30 of my stands, due to wind, scouting, pressure, etc. Ha, now with that said I don't kill the slobs that Ohio Is known for but do pretty good on average. I hunt around 15 properties anywhere from 1-300 acres, I have a few that are completely private and I have some that I share with other hunters. I can't promise a monster buck and you'd have to HUNT, I mean, I don't have a 1000 acre private spot where you come out and pick the buck you want to shoot from trail cams and go slaughter it. With that said, I feel pretty confident I can get you on a pope-N-young buck in Ohio. The whole lodging aspect is discussable and depending how the talks go, there is a chance to just stay out my house. I'm a computer geek so can work from home, so I'd be walking the person to stand and then picking up when done. My favorite time to hunt Ohio is the first two weeks, but I think I'm booked up with family members. My next favorite is late season in January, either Muzzloader or bow, then my third favorite is rut. I'd suggest late season but can defiantly get you setup for Rut. We got lots of time to discuss, I'm just waiting for horns to fall so I can start shed hunting and then start my annual push to find a few more places before next fall. Feel free to PM me if you want to start talking about a 2012 Ohio hunt,, either bow or possibly gun.

Below are some pictures from the last 3 years to give you an idea of the size of deer I can get you on and am hoping for similar from your end. more important then the pictures above from the 09,10,11 seaons is the fact of this picture. I swear I wanted to slit my wrist this year with all the gorgeous bucks that my friends/family... and myself screwed up on and missed. It really should have been a booner year!

Thanks for Ready.
    -Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm settled in central New York Finger lakes region
    pm sent

Ttt

Ttt

Youre likely not interested but if you wanna come take a stab at PA let me know. No need to "swap". I dont have the best places in the world but I get on deer every year and I hunt hard, with a plan.

Ill already be in OH this fall, good luck. Dont know if you buy Iowa points or not but Ill be looking for someone dedicated to DIY with me in 3 more years.

wow i didn't realize ohio had "wort hogs": sweet!!!
    Compounds.....a crossbow without a stock..... ya its still archery...
    Trad bows.....a compound without wheels.....ya its still archery...
    Crossbows.....a compound with a stock....ya its still archery......
    Archery, its why we are all on archerytalk,...... so stick togather and help preserve all our interest, not just your own!

ttt

Quote Originally Posted by manboy View Post
    wow i didn't realize ohio had "wort hogs": sweet!!!
    Have you seen some of them women
    RIP ZAP 11-11-2010