Thread: Rage extreme 2.3"

Rage extreme 2.3"

Has anybody tried the new rage 2blade extreme with the 2.3" cut yet? They seem to have a better blade angel.should get better penetration with the lower ke setups

ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. Founder of Team OVERKILL.Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards .

Quote Originally Posted by 0nepin View Post
    Has anybody tried the new rage 2blade extreme with the 2.3" cut yet? They seem to have a better blade angel.should get better penetration with the lower ke setups
    Havent ried them yet but i have had no problem with a Penetration issue using the 100 gr 2 Blade Rage broadheads,4 Shots,4 Kills and 4 Pass thru's..But im thinking of picking up a pack of these as well for Turkey huntin..
    X-Force Militia
    "Anything but Tricks"
    "I always thought of this as God's country."

-Jack Granatstein

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan1980 View Post
    Havent ried them yet but i have had no problem with a Penetration issue using the 100 gr 2 Blade Rage broadheads,4 Shots,4 Kills and 4 Pass thru's..But im thinking of picking up a pack of these as well for Turkey huntin..
    Yea I have shot around 25-26 deer with the regular rage and all has been passthroughs but I shoot high ke setups,74lbs xforce ss,75lbs xforce hf6, 86lbs omen.I see you shoot a high ke setup.the ad said for 60lb draw and up.
    ONE PIN IS ALL YOU NEED, IF you have warp speed. Founder of Team OVERKILL.Shooting super warp speed bows built by Breathn .............................. ....Heavy draw weight ,franken head shooting deer slayer........................ ...Moderation is for cowards .

Yea I have shot around 25-26 deer with the regular rage and all has been passthroughs but I shoot high ke setups,74lbs xforce ss,75lbs xforce hf6, 86lbs omen.I see you shoot a high ke setup.the ad said for 60lb draw and up.
    Ya my Ke is high but my father shoots at 56 lbs and had 2 pass thrus,Not to sure what his ke is,I Believe people make excuses for a bad shot and everybody makes a bad shot every now and then on a deer,I will never blame a broadhead for my mistake...Rage is an Amazing head,i was against them even told my dad not to buy them last fall then he showed me the pics of the bear and the hole in him and the blood trail,he dropped within 15 yards of the shot...I Was sold and put 2 bucks down this fall with the same arrow and same head both pass thru's and dropped with 25 yards...Im sold on them..
    X-Force Militia
    "Anything but Tricks"

-Jack Granatstein

Ya my Ke is high but my father shoots at 56 lbs and had 2 pass thrus,Not to sure what his ke is,I Believe people make excuses for a bad shot and everybody makes a bad shot every now and then on a deer,I will never blame a broadhead for my mistake...Rage is an Amazing head,i was against them even told my dad not to buy them last fall then he showed me the pics of the bear and the hole in him and the blood trail,he dropped within 15 yards of the shot...I Was sold and put 2 bucks down this fall with the same arrow and same head both pass thru's and dropped with 25 yards...Im sold on them..
    your 100% right. I have had nottning but good results, even got a passthrough on both shoulders of a 114lb doe.all the blood trails have been massive and short.can't wait to see what the 2.3" will do.

With my axe 6,62 lbs,28.5" Draw Shooting a 440 Gr Arrow Setup and 25 gr weight on my String Back country Bowhunting says my Ke is 76.3 lbs ft-Lbs and my speed is 279.5 ft per Second.Which is what i use to hunt with.My X-Force Ts says with the same arrow it will shoot 70.5 ft-Lbs of Ke and 268.5 ft per Second.I am not worried about penetration at all.
    X-Force Militia
    "Anything but Tricks"

-Jack Granatstein

With my axe 6,62 lbs,28.5" Draw Shooting a 440 Gr Arrow Setup and 25 gr weight on my String Back country Bowhunting says my Ke is 76.3 lbs ft-Lbs and my speed is 279.5 ft per Second.Which is what i use to hunt with.My X-Force Ts says with the same arrow it will shoot 70.5 ft-Lbs of Ke and 268.5 ft per Second.I am not worried about penetration at all.
    I Shoot Easton Axis N-Fused 400's cut at 29' Long.I Love the Easton Axis Arrows,Best arrow i have shot for sure.
    X-Force Militia
    "Anything but Tricks"

-Jack Granatstein

Yea I was shooting my 86lb omen this weekend with a 503gr arrow at 337fps that put ke around 125lb,I use this bow for hogs and the extra ke Is nice.I shot a 270lb sow in early bow season at 72yards and got a complete passthrough with a rage titanium .

Yea I was shooting my 86lb omen this weekend with a 503gr arrow at 337fps that put ke around 125lb,I use this bow for hogs and the extra ke I'd nice.I shot a 270lb sow in early bow season at 72yards and got a complete passthrough with a rage titanium .
    Wow,86 lbs,I Can handle 70 if i really wanted to on a Single cam but im Maxed out for comfortability at 64-66 lbs with my other bows.I actually am wanting to buy a Omen pro this spring or Summer.I Would be buying a 60 lbs bow,How do you like your omen?I am sold on it and have never shot one,but i am a Lh so its hard to find what you want to shoot before you buy it....I would love to Slay a Wild hog with my bow,we dont have them,but i could go to quebec and pay 600.00 for a High Fence hunt...Not really my style...What arrows are you shooting?
    X-Force Militia
    "Anything but Tricks"

-Jack Granatstein

I was reading an ad about them the other day in Bowhunting World and three deer died in my yard. All pass through's.

I shoot either ht 2 or fmj for hunting.I love this bow it's very quiet and accurate.the draw take a little time to get use to but now it just feels normal to me.

when are these broadheads gonna be released?
    TEAM GUNTOWN OUTDOORS

....I'm waiting for the Rage 16.2"......that way if you are a "little off"....you're still gonna get vitals!!!

....the Rage 16.2"....it's Like Throwing a Guillotine through them....
    #60 Hoyt Vector Turbo MAX-1, #60 Hoyt Alphaburner Blackout
    #45 Hoyt Ruckus, TradTech Pinnacle #43 Kaya Carbon Limbs
    Whalen's Hooker Releases & Bowfinger PRO Staffer
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ArchersP...0?feature=mhee
    http://www.youtube.com/user/realtubular?feature=mhum

3" would of been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchersParadox View Post
    ....I'm waiting for the Rage 16.2"......that way if you are a "little off"....you're still gonna get vitals!!!

Lol thats great.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotehunter11 View Post
    Lol thats great.
    ttt

I don't think they are out long enough for people to have used them yet. Im interested in seeing the blade retaining system on them. I wouldnt even think about using them without a decent amount of KE but thats me.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper69 View Post
    I don't think they are out long enough for people to have used them yet. Im interested in seeing the blade retaining system on them. I wouldnt even think about using them without a decent amount of KE but thats me.
    They also came out with a new turkey head and a regular rage with a chissel tip

Yeah but the new chisel tip type still employs the same o-ring.

Do they xtreme 100 gr fly the same as the original rage 100gr 2 blade

Mine are flying good and the retention collars really hold the blades well.