Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoyt Carbon element rkt accuracy

Hoyt Carbon element rkt accuracy

I would like to here from people who have shot this bow and hear about how accurate and forgiving this bow feels. The six and a quarter brace height has me a little concerned. I know some say brace height doesn't matter much but I once had a 6.5 inch brace height bow (won't mention which one, although it wasn't a hoyt) and couldn't shoot it consistently for beans. I shot the rkt at the pro shop at really short distance just to test it. I love Hoyt bows. I started out with them and have just always felt comfortable with them in my hands, they just seem to feel like the grip grows around the hand. To date I feel like the Hoyt carbon matrix plus was my favorite all time and regret having to get rid of it. Just would like to know how the new element might stack up to it for reference if needed.

Excuse me 6.75 made a typo.

I removed the rubber grip and replaced it with side plates and really like the feel better, i feel it is one of the best shooting bow that i have shot for awhile... I love that it is alot warm when shooting in cold weather as well as the RKT cam is alittle easier on you then last years...I can group in a nickel at 20 yds and thats as far as i have gotten so far, but i think that you would not have any problems out to 50-60 yards...
    Black Elite Energy 35
    Ripcord Code Red
    Truglo AC range rover sight
    Dead Center Stabilizer's
    Scott Backspin

i shot one and love it, just to day at my local shop and its an only mathews shop, a guy was friends with the tech slash sales men and let it sliped he bought a hoyt ce rkt and the tech was ragen on him and the guy said shut up and shoot it he went to the range and flung 5 arrows at twenty yards and not sited in for him and low and behold it was a very i mean very tight group busted two nocks ha. i the tech was tryng to pick it apart and say stuff bad about it but i know he liked it cuz wanted to shoot it again but he had to leave. one of the only key things he said about it is the price and it was ugly looking he is in denial
    SAVE A JOB BUY AMERICAN

Thanks a lot. I have always loved a short valley in the hoyts. I shoot back tension even while hunting. I know some people don.t like a bow that feels like it's going to take off but i do, it really gives me a crisper release. I just loved that carbon matrixplus so much I could shoot that thing lights out, then again it was a greater brace height and ata. The element for me would be mainly for hunting but would love to shoot some competiton 3d with it also.

They are a great bow IMO. For some reason I like the CE more than the Matrix and I have owned both. Just fits me a little better but you would have to be the judge of that for you
    >>-----------> OT7 CUSTOM BOW TUNING <-----------<<
    GIVING YOU TRUE ARROW FLIGHT WITH GUARANTEED RESULTS
    www.facebook.com/OnTarget7Shane
    970-301-0706

Thanks guys.

The 2012 Carbon Element rules in the smooth drawing department with the RKT cams. I have the 2011 model and love it. Accurate!! For sure the 2012 model is just as good!!
    HOYT FAKTOR 34
    SPOT HOGG Tommy Hogg
    B Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme
    QAD HDX rest

Beautiful pics Bownero. What poundage are you shooting, for the hunting?

I would say once tuned it will be as accurate as the shooter can shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by keegan View Post
    I would like to here from people who have shot this bow and hear about how accurate and forgiving this bow feels. The six and a quarter brace height has me a little concerned. I know some say brace height doesn't matter much but I once had a 6.5 inch brace height bow (won't mention which one, although it wasn't a hoyt) and couldn't shoot it consistently for beans. I shot the rkt at the pro shop at really short distance just to test it. I love Hoyt bows. I started out with them and have just always felt comfortable with them in my hands, they just seem to feel like the grip grows around the hand. To date I feel like the Hoyt carbon matrix plus was my favorite all time and regret having to get rid of it. Just would like to know how the new element might stack up to it for reference if needed.

2012 Hoyt Carbon Element....

Bow:

- Maxes at 68.5 lbs. (poundage I shoot)
    - 28.5" draw length
    - QAD HDX rest
    - 10" posten stab
    - shooting ACC PRO Hunters at 280 fps

After purchasing the bow, I shot one of my PRO Hunters through paper = slight to moderate right tear, every time (could care less). I took the bow immediately to the outdoor range

- 20 yrds (breaking nocks)

- 30 yrds (almost breaking nocks)

- 40 yrds (very tight groups)

- 50 yrds (((( my 3 arrow group ))))

- 60 yrds (((( my 4 arrow group ))))

Not bad considering:

- I'm a fair archer at best !!! (only a hunter, don't target shoot at all!!!)

- Bow was timed well, but not "paper tuned" for my arrow (right tear every time)

- Arrow is NOT a perfect spine match!!!

- Arrow is cut "too short" (as some have indicated)

- Arrow FOC is only fair (maybe even on the poor side)

...... Bottom Line

Very Accurate Bow!!!
    2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite - White
    2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite - Blue Fusion

2013 Hoyt Spyder 34 - Blackout

Quote Originally Posted by ontarget7 View Post
    They are a great bow IMO. For some reason I like the CE more than the Matrix and I have owned both. Just fits me a little better but you would have to be the judge of that for you
    X 2 on this as they are both great shooters, except the Matrix fits me better! Both great though!
    Out of all the things I've lost, It's my mind that I miss the most.

OnTarget & No Fenses,

You both have me nervous!

I Liked my Element RKT so much that I can't wait to purchase the Matrix RKT! However, I have read 3-4 separate posts on AT that stated the Element was easier to shoot tight groups vs the Matrix! I really don't want to drop $1400 if the Element groups better (I know its the "Archer" & not the bow that makes the difference).

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Fury View Post
    OnTarget & No Fenses,

You both have me nervous!

I Liked my Element RKT so much that I can't wait to purchase the Matrix RKT! However, I have read 3-4 separate posts on AT that stated the Element was easier to shoot tight groups vs the Matrix! I really don't want to drop $1400 if the Element groups better (I know its the "Archer" & not the bow that makes the difference).
    Are you generally more comfortable with a shorter ATA or longer ?
    970-301-0706

I shot both today while tuneing my turbo I am 6'2'' and for me the short ATA do not hold as steady at long rang shots I just prefer the 35 inch ATA bows Turbo,Matrix both hold awsome for tall people with long arms.

i like my Matrix just a little more than my Element .... im 5' 10 and prefer the longer ata bows ...
    now my brother is 6' 3 and 270 and he shot both and likes the Element ....... i guess it dont matter lol , shot what ya like best ....
    both awesome bows, and both shoot great ..
    2012 Hoyt Alpha Elite,Element & Matrix
    B-Stinger Stabilizers
    GoldTip Arrows For Everything
    ** Ex-Wolverine Custome Strings & Bow Tuning**
    WHEN IN DOUBT,GRIP -N- RIP !!

Are you generally more comfortable with a shorter ATA or longer ?

I usually prefer a longer ATA, this 32" Element RKT really surprised me though!

I would just hate to drop $1400 and not be as happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Fury View Post
    I usually prefer a longer ATA, this 32" Element RKT really surprised me though!

I would just hate to drop $1400 and not be as happy.
    You got a tough decision buddy. If you shoot the Element really well, I probably wouldn't make the switch. What do you plan on using it for ?
    970-301-0706

Ive owned a 2010 Matrix,a few 2011 Elements and a 2012 Element.
    They are all awesome,but like others...I shot better, and liked the Element over the Matrix.
    Ive only got a few dozen arrows through my RKT Element,but I just gotta say MAN ALIVE its sweet!!

You got a tough decision buddy. If you shoot the Element really well, I probably wouldn't make the switch. What do you plan on using it for ?
    Element will be for hunting. Matrix will be for playin' ! (3-D & Paper -- although I don't compete).

Maybe the Vector Turbo then??

Quote Originally Posted by spike camp View Post
    They are all awesome,but like others...I shot better, and liked the Element over the Matrix.
    Ive only got a few dozen arrows through my RKT Element,but I just gotta say MAN ALIVE its sweet!!

I'm seeing a pattern here! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by spike camp View Post

whats your draw length?

Sarge.....I really wanted to shoot the Element better because I wanted the shorter ATA for hunting situations and such, but I shoot the Matrix so much better and it groups awesome for me. So, like I said, I really wanted the Element but went with what worked best for me. Good luck with your decision!
    Out of all the things I've lost, It's my mind that I miss the most.

Quote Originally Posted by mountbkr View Post
    whats your draw length?
    29" DL and 70#'s.
    Im 6' if that helps at all....
    I never have an issue with string angle either.

yeah it does, im 6` as well with a 29.5 DL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast