Thread: Older PSE Precision EDGE 1000c

Older PSE Precision EDGE 1000c

Hi, I am new to this forum, and I have a couple of questions that maybe someone her can help me out on. I have an older PSE Precision EDGE 1000c compound bow that I purchased new and have taken from what I think of as great care of over the years. The serial number is 490912 and when I called PSE this morning to find out how old it was a young lady advised me that the bow was probably manufactured in or around 1992. I was pretty sure it was more like 1997 when I purchased it, even though I have not shot it in about three years.

She also eluded that this bow was to old to be shot and I should not even take a draw on it, and I am just not sure on that.

I guess my question is should I trust the Limbs, or the cables, I had planned to replace the string before I do anything and look over the Limbs completly thru a total tear down.

Is there any way that an inspection can be done on the Limbs to make sure their are no hair line cracks in them?

Do I need to replace the Cables also, their are no signs of coating cracks or anything like that going on with them.

I really don't want to go out and purchase a new bow if I do not need to, I just don't want to take any chances of it comming apart on me and causing possible harm.

Any help would be great, or should I just dump my old bow and buy a new one????????????

ttt

you can run a cotton ball around on the limbs and make sure it does not snag anything, use common sense and look for any worn places on string and cables, i would take it to a pro shop and have them look at it but to say it is too old to shoot is crazy. that is a very basic and reliable bow and unless it was abused or stored in extreme heat i dont see any reason it would not be ok to shoot.