Thread: Tell me about the Spiral X cam on the Hoyt Vantage Elite Plus

Tell me about the Spiral X cam on the Hoyt Vantage Elite Plus

What is this cam about? Does it adjust to all draw lengths without separate cams? Why does it change the brace height? Why does it speed up the bow?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherNo12 View Post
    What is this cam about? Does it adjust to all draw lengths without separate cams? Why does it change the brace height? Why does it speed up the bow?
    The Spiral X cam system is a fixed draw length cam.

So,
    each draw length requires a different size Spiral X cam,
    just like your shoes.

http://www.hoyt.com/assets/tune_char...Elite-Plus.pdf

Top half of this webpage (follow the link)
    is the draw length sizes for the Spiral X cam
    on the Vantage Elite Plus.

If you know what draw length you require,
    then,
    you can look up what size of Spiral X cam you need to look for.
    www.nutsandboltsarchery.com
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...=who+wants+dvd
    Send me an email for DVD = $25.00....

alanlui@comcast.net

I thought it was the opposite. I don't want it then. I like at least a one inch adjustability.

I thought it was the opposite. I don't want it then. I like at least a one inch adjustability.
    The Vantage Elite Plus with the GTX cam system is adjustable in draw length.

The GTX cams come in six different sizes.

Each GTX cam has 4 modules available, so you can adjust the draw length within
    a 1.5-inch adjustment range.
    www.nutsandboltsarchery.com
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...=who+wants+dvd
    Send me an email for DVD = $25.00....

alanlui@comcast.net

Is the GTX inferior to the Spiral cams in any way? How much would the cams cost if I wanted to change draw lengths?

A spiral is a low letoff cam that is very smooth and essentially no valley. They're not for everyone, but if you get used to them, then you'll want nothing else IMO.... The GTX cam is not necessarily inferior to a spiral, it just depends on what you like. They offer adjustability, a good wall , a valley, and a high 75% letoff or a 65% letoff if that's what you want.... If you had a spiral and needed to change sizes, and the size you needed was also the same base cam as the one you already have, then you would only need the cams. You might find them here in the AT classifieds for around 75.00 If the change requires you to go to a different size that has a different base cam, then you have to change strings and the cables too. Clear as mud huh?
    Charter Member LOFT Archery Team
    Vantage Elite +
    Sureloc, Britesite Protuner, X Terminator Stabilizers
    60X Strings, Truball Sweet Spot, Thurman Scopes, VAP Bullets

What do you need that much dl adjustment for? Do you not know what your dl is? You get about 3/8" adjustment from a spiral by twisting the strings.

I'd rather not get into all the reasons why I need a variable adjustment. Let's just suffice it to say that it is my preference.

I wondered the same thing and now I shoot them and it is awesome, definitely a difference than the ordinary cam. It is the smoothest drawing with a little creep to keep you alert. The back wall is solid and performance is top notch. Adjustability is easy to take care of. Just check classifieds and remember you can always sell yours to even it out. I cant, won't go back to other cams moving forward and its only been about 2 weeks since I got them!
    If you are thinking too much, you are moving farther from the X
    Believe in Jesus= Happy, happy, happy.......
    Hoyt Alpha Elite 2012 Black out 60#26"
    Bullseye Kettle Corn
    "It hits the Spot!"

I hav the vantage elite plus with spiral cams. It is,the best holding bow that I hav ever had. With spirals,it is,a solid wall and if u get lazy on the back end,it will let you know. They make u stay in the shot. Just remember if u get spirals get a half inch shorter than your actual draw length if u don't it will be to long of a draw,length. Just trying to help

Unclegus is right once you get used to them it is hard to imagine shooting something else. I am a big fan of them

Quote Originally Posted by straight2it View Post
    I wondered the same thing and now I shoot them and it is awesome, definitely a difference than the ordinary cam. It is the smoothest drawing with a little creep to keep you alert. The back wall is solid and performance is top notch. Adjustability is easy to take care of. Just check classifieds and remember you can always sell yours to even it out. I cant, won't go back to other cams moving forward and its only been about 2 weeks since I got them!
    I told ya..............
    Charter Member LOFT Archery Team
    Vantage Elite +
    Sureloc, Britesite Protuner, X Terminator Stabilizers
    60X Strings, Truball Sweet Spot, Thurman Scopes, VAP Bullets

ttt