Thread: Horton havoc

Horton havoc

What is everyone's opinion on the new Hortaon Havoc. Was wondering if its a good choice for a crossbow. I do most of my hunting in a treestand.

If they can get one to shoot it "may" be a good bow...till it actually gets into production and we see what issues it may have we will not know. The Vision was a decent bow, but not sure on the Havoc yet..
    Wyvern

I like what I see with the Havoc, better than the Fury, but Wyvern makes a good point.
    MOON

Super "Small" Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE .......

I have talked to guys at Horton who have already shot HUNDREDS of arrows through the Havoc AND Fury with ZERO issues. Being serious hunters themselves they are itching to get their hands on the Fury as soon as it's available. I think the fact that a Horton bowtech is willing to buy one with every intention of it being his main hunting bow speaks for itself. And as for the Vision being a "decent" bow... I have three of them in my family and all three are capable of putting every arrow in a nickel- sized hole at 30 yards grpm a rest. There are videos of guys on youtube shooting breath mints at 40 yards with their Horton Vision 175s. I have been hunting with crossbows for 34 years and the Vision, properly equipped with Limb Tunerz, is the QUIETEST crossbow I have ever seen, shot or heard. So, in my educated lifetime of experience the Vision 175 isn't "just" a decent bow, it's one of the BEST bows ever. Period.

I sold a pile of Visions...as I said, it is a decent bow. That was not a slam..I personaly thought it was the best bow Horton made. You took that wrong. As far as what you were told: well...I talked to one of the engineers at Horton at the ATA show and was told "we have not gotten to the point of testing for accuracy yet" and if you saw the ones at the ATA show you would have seen the suppression bumpers are in the wrong place and have a enough pressure on the string to bend it and the barrel is warping...I think the "guys" who you talked to at Horton are feeding you an answer from marketing, not engineering...as I have said...till it gets in production or at the least they have a shootable bow available for me to try (going to a trade show this weekend...we shall see) I know what I saw is not a "shootable" bow.

Wyvern

I'll second that. I'm hoping to get my hands on a Havoc when they are available. I think it has all the right stuff and the speed range is in the sweet spot. If all goes well with the initial run, they will be hot sellers. I also like the Havoc's stock design better than the Fury.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

I just noticed that horton lightened up the havoc's draw weight to 140 lbs - compared to the vision thats 35lbs less. Glad to see horton making their bows more efficient; increasing the fps per lb of pull and reducing wear on the servings. Gotta love it!!!

I agree. I think the Havoc will be one of the sleeper crossbows of the year. I'll bet that rascal shoots as quiet as a mouse
    MOON

Anyone know if there are going to be string suppressors on the production model?
    Michigan Meat Hunter "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
    Scorpyd Vent -150, Excal Matrix 330
    Michigan Crossbow Federation Member, AND PROUD OF IT!!

According to their website, yes on the Fury, no on the Havoc

Horton's reverse limb crossbows look pretty cool, I really would like companies to take reverse limb technology to it's Max in all ways.

I test shot the fury last weekend and it was quiet , fast and fit really good, now my wife has the vision so I was familier with the rdt style, now I have not handled a havoc, but after shooting the fury that's the one I will be getting.