Thread: My 2012 Elite Answer Review w/ Pics

My 2012 Elite Answer Review w/ Pics

Ok, there have been a few reviews around so I thought I would throw mine in the ring too. I recieved my Answer about a week ago but just now got to setting her all up with accessories. I still don't have my arrows complete, they are going to be CE Maxima Hunter 350 w/ all white wraps.

Was it in tune?

First thing I did was check the specs. I check ATA, BH, DL, DW, cam timing and cam sync. Everything was spot on. Not just close but exactly spot on. The ATA ws 33 1/2", the BH was 7 1/32", the DL was exactly 29" and the DW was 63.8lbs with 50-60lbs limbs installed.

The cam sync and timing was what I was most worried about. That and cam lean. The cam sync was spot on and the cam timing was perfect. The cam lean was nearly zero. At full draw I could not even tell there was any at all which is awesome. I think the new cable slide helped with some complaints of cam lean.

What about the limb finish and machining?

This is the second thing I checked out. The limbs are perfect. Typical Elite quality. No lines or blemishes in the dipping. The machining on the riser was also perfect. I know this is starting to sound like a broken record but I failed to find a single blemish on the entire bow. I am SUPER picky about how my bows look and this one holds up to everything I have known about Elite bows.

Lastly for the finish review was the strings. There were some complaints about string quality. I haven't had time to shoot the bow much yet but the initial impression on the strings is very high quality. Loops look great, serving is very tight and consistant, and the color scheme looks great on the Realtree AP. Personally I liked the tan/dark brown string color combo a lot better than what is on there now but later this year when I send the bow to Crackers I can have him correct that.

Draw Cycle

I found the draw to be just a tiny bit stiffer than my 60lb Pulse. The valley and wall are typical Elite. The draw is a tad bit stiffer at the very beginning as has been reported but still very smooth and very easy to draw. At full draw the bow feels like it could be held for hours. I know some don't like the rock sold wall but I do and I really appreciate the deep valley and solid wall while in a treestand.

Speeds

I orded the Answer with the smooth mods because I am not a huge speed freak. I like decent speeds but am not obsessive about it. I haven't had a chance to send any arrows through the chrono because as I mentioned my arrows are not done but I will be shooting CE Maxima Hunters 350 with 100gr tips and wraps/NAP Twister vanes. Total complete arrow weight will be around 405 grains and I will post speeds once I get my arrows done.

Overall

Overall I really like this bow. It is yet to be seen just how much I will like it until I have spent some time in the field with it. I really like my Pulse and have been extremely happy with it so we will see if the Answer becomes the go-to bow or if the Pulse will remain in the top spot. The fit and finish is top of it's class and the fact that it came nearly perfectly in spec is a real bonus. I have owned a good number of bows and very few of them come in even close to their specs from the factory, Elite deserves a nod for that alone.

Enjoy the pics. Sorry they are not up to my usual standards but it is 5 degrees outside and I was in flip-flops.

2014 Elite Energy 35 - Perfected Excellence
    Spot Hogg - World's Toughest
    Doinker - World's #1 Stabilizer
    G5 - Designed To Hunt
    Lone Wolf - Your Silent Partner

Why are you going with 350 arrows when your bow is a 60#er? My Answer maxes at 62.5 with speed mods and shoots 400 spine perfectly. Just wondering why so stiff....

Looks great by the way!

Great review and awesome bow, i agree elite does go the extra mile in every every aspect!!!!!!
    DEADCENTER ARCHERY PROSTAFF, VAPORTRAIL PROSTAFF
    AUTHORIZED PSE, ELITE AND BEAR ARCHERY DEALER!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rgarbarino View Post
    Why are you going with 350 arrows when your bow is a 60#er? My Answer maxes at 62.5 with speed mods and shoots 400 spine perfectly. Just wondering why so stiff....

Looks great by the way!
    According to OT2 the 350 is what I need. The CE 250 is waaaay underspined. In my experience Elite bows prefer a stiffer arrow over a weaker arrow.
    G5 - Designed To Hunt

Yeah, I guess I could see that with your 29" DL.

What camo pattern is this in?
    Total Eclipse Scopes . com - Total Eclipse Technology TM
    Red Arrow TV . com
    Vanish Camo . com
    Consecutive Serial Numbered Hoyt Alphaburners, 76# & 88#

Realtree AP. OT2 calls for a .342 optimal spine with my specs.
    G5 - Designed To Hunt

Dont know about the new Elites, but my 2011 Elite Pure is awesome. Just got it about a month ago from the classifieds. Fit and finish are second to none. I was worried about cam lean but had a professional set the bow up for me. He said he couldn't believe that a bow without split yokes had cams that straight. I was in perfect time and shot perfect bullet hole the first time. You want fast, how bout 283 fps @ 59.8 lbs draw, w/408 gr arrow, 30.5 in draw. Can't wait to get it on the 3d course.
    2012 PSE Supra UF Cams (30.5 Draw)
    Rip Cord "Code Red" Rest , Sure Loc Sights,
    Deer Crossing Archery Shooting Staff

I have a 2010 GT500 and a 2011 Pure.....both are first rate all the way. I have absolutely zero issues with either one and I bought them new. Awesome bows for sure.

G

At The Foot Of The Appalachians in East,TN
    Nice lookin bow. Looks just like mine. LOL..... I'm lovin mine too !!

Good write up and grats on the new bow Whack.
    I cut my arrows twice and they're still too short.

Every time you win an argument on Archerytalk you still lose because invetibly you're gonna tick off someone else.

I like your set-up, what do you have into it, if you dont mind me askin? Get back to us when you get a few arrows thru it!

Nice job with the pics and review.
    SH Archery & Custom Bow Tuning
    Dealer for Bowtech, Elite, Bear, and PSE
    2014 Bowtech RPM

awsome..I love Elite more and more
    ASAT Camo
    Stokerized Stabilizers Solid Aiming Solutions
    HHA simply the best!

You meant bent cable rod helped with cam lean not cable slide correct?

Good review. I sure love my answer!
    2012 ELITE ANSWER AT snow 60lb
    HHA 5010 Limb Driver
    8" stokerized Hunter with saturn weight and bow jax
    Gold Tip XT hunters
    God is great,DEER is good, and people are crazy

Thanks for the review.
    Sometimes late at night I dig a big hole in the backyard to keep the nosey neighbors guessing.
    2012 Mathews MR7 27/70#
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo RKT 27.5/65#
    2011 Elite Pulse 27.5/70#

Nice review and pics.

Great review Whaack!
    Elite Archery Pro Staff - Winners Choice Pro Staff - Muzzy Pro Staff - Tightspot Pro Staff
    Professional Hunter & Guide - Outdoor Editor