a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Base Camp Leasing-How do you tell them they are over pricing land??

Base Camp Leasing-How do you tell them they are over pricing land??

I'm always looking for more land and the other day I found 110 acre slot about 10 mins up the road from our other lease...I look at the pricing and almost S%*T my pants...The Price is just over $100 less then what I'm paying for a lease just under 3x this lot...I emailed the "agent" asking for bottom dollar price and got a reply of the listed price with no other communication...Anyone have any experience with these guys? Do they move on price or just keep it where it is at? Just wondering if it's worth even talking with them any more or just going to the town hall, finding the owner and going straight to talk to them...Thanks in advance for the replies...
    Athens Testament Blackout / MBG Ascent Ambush / QAD HDX / Alpine Soft Loc / Dead Center Stab / Victory VForce tipped with 100g Rage
    Athens Accomplice 34 Camo Riser/Black limbs / Sword 3Rd Plane / QAD HDX / Alpine Soft Lock/ Stokerized Stab / Victory VForce tipped with 100g Rage

they probly paid close to what you did to lease it, then sub lease it out to others to make money. If people keep paying these companies they will keep doing it, its insane how much of that goes on around here, cant beleive people just dont make calls themsleves to gain access to ground.

What do you think you're gonna do? Go chew them out and get the price you want?

I'm guessing it'll be like everything else in life, the market will tell them if it's to expensive.

They probably charge a higher price to keep the riff Raff out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    The Original Bling Sling
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 3-NTS Coach, USA Archery

i agree 100% i looked at land in ohio 2 years ago. way overpriced. had to find property myself and then had questions and farmer or agent wouldnt answer the phone. very disappointed.

They have to get there cut too. I think once a land owner list with them they can't back or they get sued.
    Elite Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Musgrat View Post
    They have to get there cut too. I think once a land owner list with them they can't back or they get sued.
    Yep and you can also be sued for negotiating with the landowner after you have commited to BCL.

They were a-holes to me. Waaaaaaay overpriced land. My farmer told me he did not like working with them.

I have seen them charge sa much as $60 per acre (bedding and crop). I wrote them a nastygram telling them they are killing the hunting for the average joe. I wasnt ugly, just let them know.

I've seen tracts listed on bcl for $20 an acre that I am pretty sure I saw on some timber companies sites last year for $4-5 an acre. If not the same property it was bordering it.
    Darton DS 3800
    Hunting- the act of one that hunts; specifically: the pursuit of game.
    Game- WILD animals hunted for sport or food.

To my knowledge they do not pay the landowner before the land is leased. They get them to sign crazy contracts forfeiting all of their leasing rights with no money up front. Then they add around %50 to the fair market value and hope to find someone with more money than sense. I leased a ranch that BCL had under contract in the past. After they were unsuccesful leasing this property under the terms of the contract, I leased it for %60 of the unsuccessful BCL asking price. Long story short, worst hunting property I have ever been on with very low deer density and very high rancher activity. I would not hunt that property for free. They had previously claimed how amazing, deer sign everywhere, dont miss this one. All this tells me one thing, they spend way more time on marketing than they do scouting and doing proper research. They also left the property on their website for god knows how long after the contract was up. Probably didnt matter since nobody was looking to pay thousands of dollars to watch the wind blow. I use craigslist and cruise backroads knocking on doors and I find new honey holes every year.