a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many guys and gals on here would like to go noodling?

How many guys and gals on here would like to go noodling?

Just curious after watching some shows on tv here lately. I have personally noodled for about 15 years now. My wife and all 3 kids do it to. youngest is 6 year old girl. My 9 year old girl absolutely is eat up with it. she caught one lst year that weighed about 20-25# by herself. Of course I am right there making sure nothing goes wrong. Anyway what is all your thoughts....... Thanks, keith

I want to go but I cant talk any of my friends into doing it. they Think it would be insane that is why im in lol.

I did it once when stationed at Ft. Sill. Friend asked if I want to go fishing said sure. He came to pick me up in the morning and told me leave my fishing gear behind so i did. Jumped into the truck he took me out to the river and jumped in, next thing i know a catfish comes flying on the bank he told me my turn. Get down in the water and followed his directions, one latched on to my hand i cuss, pulled it out of the water threw it on the bank. I got out of the water and told him hes a crazy azz mofo and let him do the fishing.

Ahhhhh, no.
    Steve

"It's a Navy Seal type bow. It works by pulling it back and shooting it."

Not me

I do it here in ms and love it. I only grab out of my own boxes that I sink though. I been doing it for years but I'm not reaching up in beaver holes haha.

Been doing it for 30 years. Best so far is a 62 pound spotted cat from under an old collapsed bridge.
    58" Big Jim Thunderchild 60@30, 2 Toelke Hill Style LongbowS 51@30 & 45@30, Fedroa X-cellerator 44@30, Black Widow PSAX 44@28, Black Widow KBX 43@30, Hill style longbow by Maurice Cash 86@30. "The journey is more important than the destination"

Yeah, I'm thinking about it, my friend has been trying to talk me into doing it with him since he's from Arkansas

No way..I am too petrified of snakes for it..

Hell no

Been a fisherman my whole life. Fished all over the Caribbean, the west, up and down the coast. I love an adventure.

To answer your question........no
    Elite fan boy currently
    Tailing reds when its hot, up in a tree when its not!

Love it! Noodling, trot lines, bush hooks, we do it all for catfish here!

I prefer to catch them with a rod and reel not reaching into a hole in a riverbank.

I did until I learned that I was killing the breeders in the lakes. Never thought about it until I started reading and havent done it since.

We call it grabbling here in the Carolinas and yes its a way of life around here. Be a few years since I have gone but use to be a every saturday event when I was single and had no responsibilities. As my crowd has gotten older, we just dont do it any more. Noithing like floating a jhon boat with a cooler full of beer and a few buddies wading down stream to probe the river banks for some monster cats. Our personal best is 71lb flat head. SHe was one ornery BIAAATCH!!!! Love to hear the thunder rumble under the bank when you find a biggun!!!!
    ----08.5 ELITE GT500 ----- ASAT- NATION
    TUFFSAK bag targets
    MAGNUS BUZZCUTS /GRIZZ TRICK II /RAGE HYPO

Back in my younger days, I used to do it alot, and a bunch of other things that I have since grown outta doin!!! lol
    2012 Elite Answer
    2011 Quest Smoke

Catfish to me aren't that tasty we dig turtles!

I prefer cuddling, or good old fashioned tickling.

noodling...that's just weird.
    My other bow is a Marlin 1895G 45-70 Gov't open sights
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiobooners View Post
    In all seriousness I do hope ppl understand that a deer is not worth losing your dignity over.

i would but i cant even swim,not sure I'd want to suprise a snapping turtle
    Shoot what makes you happy.

NM is prime noodlin country. especially in se NM on the Pecos. i know guys that have been doing it for years. probably longer than the OP of this thread. (they hunt but not bowhunters) they are addicted to it. kinda like the guys you see on tv in OK. i've heard all the stories of different critters they've handled lol. i'll stick to watching it on tv. it aint for everybody. me included lol
    "The Arrow is everything"
    "Never Give Up........Ever"
    "I Call, They Come, I Kill Them" Gregg Stevens
    "Not all Elk Encounters are Created Equal" Paul Medel aka ElkNut1
    "The Rockies are no place to find out you are not in shape" Trophyhill

No way! I'd love to catch a catfish but not like that!! Too scared something will bite me.
    Electric Pink Mathews Jewel 50lbs, 25"

I'll pass, I have rods, reels, and hooks....
    Give 'em a squeeze!!! Self check often! Save the Ta-Ta's!!!!

I'd try it aslong as there was no chance of getting bit by a snake. That's the only thing that would hold me back.
    Lethal Injection Archery

Not many catfish in Idaho but noodling is on my bucket list. One day I'll find someone crazy enough to go with me.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day!

I did it for several yrs and i have the scar's on my wrists and fore arms to prove it.Most that i see on those true tv shows chicken out and only grab them by the lower lip....I/we stuck our hand through thier mouth and out thier gills to get a good hold on them.We called it hog'n....not noodling.Btw...nothing like sticking your hand up under a bank or around logs and feeling those Big logger head snap'n turtles.lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast