a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone have any reviews on a Ten Point Carbon Elite

anyone have any reviews on a Ten Point Carbon Elite

I was wondering if anybody was shooting the 10pt Carbon Elite and would like to give some insight. I been thinking of buying one.

I got the first one in that I had on order today...they only had one to ship me. More coming in the end of the week....it will be a few days at best till people start seeing them in hand...
    Wyvern

thanks Wyvern, I guess I thought they'd been out a couple months already. I guess I will have to wait and see.

My father just purchased this bow last night from out local archery shop. He was shooting the Titan HLX. I can't believe how narrow it is when cocked at 13.5 inches. He shot it through the chronograph to set the Rangemaster scope and got 337 fps. I shot it one time so far and he shot it at 20 and 30 yards so far. It feather lite compared to the other Ten Points that he looked at. If it is anything like his Titan was I am sure he will have nothing but great things to say. It also looks pretty sweet with Mossy Oak and the carbon fiber rail.
    Mathews Z7 73/30
    Spot Hogg Real Deal w/Wrap
    Rip Cord Code Red, K-Tech 5" Twin/ KSB1
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 450s, Nockturnals, NAP Killzone TT
    Mathews T5 Quiver

I have been eyeing that bow two. I now have the stealth Xlt but this new elite with it being faster and that carbon rail is going to being a popular one for sure.

I've not shot a Carbon Elite but got to handle one at the ATA, I fell in love with it. They are very well balanced & easy handling. It would be difficult for me to give up my Phantom though.

jdhaines32, congratulations to your father on his new TenPoint Carbon Elite.
    TenPoint Phantom, Black Eagle Executioners
    NAP 100gn. Nitron Broadheads
    Burris, Leupold Optics, XB30
    Black Widow Deer Lures Pro Staff
    NRA Life Member, Molon Labe, Bravo Zulu Team VI

I was waiting for someone more qualified than I to chime in since this is my first crossbow, but there doesn't seem to be any takers. David @ Wyvern Creations just happen to get some stock in and sent it to me last Saturday. By chance I was at Gander Mountain the week before eying the crossbows and the TenPoint's caught my eye, but their stock was a few years old. I decided to look at TenPoint's website to see their latest and greatest and decided to hunt for the Carbon Elite. A quick web search showed that David had the best package deal so I got lucky in stumbling upon his site.

I was hoping my experience with firearms would translate well with a crossbow and I wasn't disappointed. I've been blessed with 15-20 mph winds nearly everyday since delivery, and despite that I was able to keep the bolts within 2 inches of bulls eye @ 30 yrds and within 4 inches @ 50 yrds with no prior crossbow experience, just lots of rifle experience. I'll assume if I can shake the high winds I might be able to tighten up the groups even more.

My only complaints are with minor cosmetics. The camo was nicked here and there. Nothing major just some white spots here and there where the camo is messed up. David said that he could get the ball rolling on sending it back for repair but the nicks are so minor that sending it back would be a needless hassle. I figure some branches will undue any improvements sending it back would gain me during the first wooded outing so I'll just address the nicks myself with a marker.

So far the Carbon Elite is everything I was hoping for with regards to accuracy and ease of use. Maybe a new gator will visit me with the season coming soon so I can give it the proper howdy.

I got a Plano Manta to keep er safe and I gotta say this thing is a monster. It's so big it seems more suited for a catapult than a crossbow.

I'm no photographer but I'll throw in a few pics.

Kitty approves the new case.

Nice Bravada ! congrats,you are the 2nd I have heard to have one , and the second with the finish issues as well ...
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Excalibur Matrix 380, RH Custom string, Trigger Tech, HHA
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

The CE is one beautful crossbow for sure! Congrats:-)
    MOON

Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

Do you use the cat for extra padding?

I was going to buy one of these from Dave as soon as they came available but now I think I will wait until July or so, maybe 10 Point will have the finish issues worked out by then.......................... Hb

I don't think there is an issue with the finish. I think there is is an issue with rough handling. I would venture to guess they are in too much of a hurry to crank them out and are being careless in assembly or packaging. It's really only 3-4 little spots and I'm just being critical as I'm used to firearms that usually are flawless upon receipt. Of course a firearm usually gets packed in a padded case not cardboard.
    I should probably add that I was pleasantly surprised by the speed that the bolts launch and the wonderful sounding thuds the bolts emit slamming the targets. I have no idea how it compares to others but having no prior experience I was expecting the speed of the bolts to be a tad slower than they are. Given how the target responds to getting hit any prey should be equally devastated.

Quote Originally Posted by robertyb View Post
    Do you use the cat for extra padding?
    Only when she's been bad.

I will post up some thoughts on mine when I have had a chance to shoot it more.
    Excalibur Matrix Mega 405, munchmount quiver bracket, Leupold VX-R 3-9x50 LRV reticle
    Middleton DTM 330 SS, agingcrossbower stock, Leupold VX-R 2-7x33 Ballistic reticle
    Middleton DTM 355 SS, Matrix stock, Leupold VX-R 3-9x40 Ballistic reticle
    Excalibur Relayer Y25, T-Tech S/S trigger, Hawke XB-30

Quote Originally Posted by bravada View Post
    I don't think there is an issue with the finish. I think there is is an issue with rough handling. I would venture to guess they are in too much of a hurry to crank them out and are being careless in assembly or packaging. It's really only 3-4 little spots and I'm just being critical as I'm used to firearms that usually are flawless upon receipt. Of course a firearm usually gets packed in a padded case not cardboard.
    I should probably add that I was pleasantly surprised by the speed that the bolts launch and the wonderful sounding thuds the bolts emit slamming the targets. I have no idea how it compares to others but having no prior experience I was expecting the speed of the bolts to be a tad slower than they are. Given how the target responds to getting hit any prey should be equally devastated.
    Believe me, prey will be devastated...........Enjoy.... ............Hb

Bravada,
    You may want to look a the TenPoint soft case for car travel. It is much smaller and fits the bow well.
    It is difficult for the hard case companies to keep up as crossbows are coming in so many shapes and sizes right now.

Has Ten Point considered going with a soft touch top coat over its camo finishes? That and a carbon riser would be cool!!
    MOON

Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

I know you want a true carbon riser Moon.

The soft case is included with the Carbon Elite as part of the package...among other things that we add to the bow kit
    Wyvern

I should probably know that, shouldn't I?

Its OK...I understand it is not really your job to keep track of what is included in the bow packages....Oh wait..that IS part of your job
    Wyvern

I would also agree with the statements made by others about the finish and the visible white spots. I posted earlier in this thread that my father recently purchased the Carbon Elite and his also has the white spots where it appears the camo finish has flaked off. I shot it a few times and it is great shooting bow. Smooth and fast. It was kind of disappointing to see the flaking finish on a brand new bow but as was stated before they will just match the marks that are made from carrying it through the woods.

I wonder if they may have changed something with the type of film or dipping process they are using because I don't remember any issues with the finish of his Titan HLX which I now am shooting.
    Mathews Z7 73/30
    Spot Hogg Real Deal w/Wrap
    Rip Cord Code Red, K-Tech 5" Twin/ KSB1
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 450s, Nockturnals, NAP Killzone TT
    Mathews T5 Quiver

No offense , but if I paid $1600+ for ANY crossbow, you can bet it better not be flaking , whats up with that Ten Point?
    NRA Member !

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
    I should probably know that, shouldn't I?
    Shouldn't the cables cross on the left side ?? Just wondering...
    Last edited by RH6898; March 10th, 2012 at 12:23 AM.
    Excalibur Matrix Mega 405, munchmount quiver bracket, Leupold VX-R 3-9x50 LRV reticle
    Middleton DTM 330 SS, agingcrossbower stock, Leupold VX-R 2-7x33 Ballistic reticle
    Middleton DTM 355 SS, Matrix stock, Leupold VX-R 3-9x40 Ballistic reticle
    Excalibur Relayer Y25, T-Tech S/S trigger, Hawke XB-30

on the website they do , on Bravadas they look like they cross on the right?????

CarbonEliteXLTACULarge.jpg
    NRA Member !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast