Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new/not as old truck!

I thought about getting them, but I am going to go with some black Z71 logos that are outlined in silver since it'd match my truck realy well, and I want to buy some silver pinstripe and pinstripe the truck close to the top of the fenders.

my truck should all painted and ready from Maaco either today or tomorrow, I'm really hoping its today since I got donw with my school work in an hour and a half and will be pretty bored today if my truck's not done. I cant wait to see what my truck looks like with a paint job instead of the dull gray primer it was lol!

Elite Z28 Snow 65#: Easton Bowfire, Muzzy, Qad, Black Gold, X-factor
    Elite Energy 35:Elite Ultra rest, black gold, easton injexion, x-factor
    Elite Answer *ninja*: QAD, Black Gold, Injexion, Muzzy
    Elite Energy 32 80#

You MUST post pics as soon as you get it!!!!

I have had my 94 Z71 Sierra since I bought it in 1995. 170Km on it . Has been good to me. Mine has the standard (not step side) box. Good luck.

Mach 10

Awesome truck man i love me GMC's and Chevy's

thanks. Hopefully today is the day to get it, it's been a week since I took it in there, and they said when I took it in there that it might be done that Saturday, well its Tuesday now so if its not done today it will definitely be done tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure it should be done today and I am super excited to see it painted and not in primer anymore!

my other truck had the standard/fleetside bed on it, but I actually like the stepside. I've never been a fan of stepsides but I like the way this one looks.
    I'll definitely be taking some pics of it when I bring it home, it wont have the new grille on it yet since I dont have any money to but the grille but you'll still get to see what the paint job looks like.
    Elite Energy 32 80#

Cant wait to see this thing!
    2012 PSE BRUTE X #55/27"
    Trophy Ridge Hit-Man 5
    Alpine 5 arrow Soft-Loc Quiver
    Cabelas Carbon Hunter Arrows 379 gr.

Nice truck without the paint job, BEAST truck painted!!

Did you get the truck back today???
    2012 PSE BRUTE X #55/27"
    Trophy Ridge Hit-Man 5
    Alpine 5 arrow Soft-Loc Quiver
    Cabelas Carbon Hunter Arrows 379 gr.

I went Wednesday to get it and it looked really good but they didnt take all the imperfections out of the tailgate like they were supposed to and there was some bubbles in the paint on the driverside bed on the top of the fender which he said is something with the fiberglass, so theyre gonna fix it and the only thing theyre gonna charge me on the repair is for the fiberglass work on that fender but they'll pay for the paint to repair it and for finishing that tailgate, but other than that the truck looked super amazing, the red is very very dark which I like and the paint job is nearly flawless, no other imperfections on it at all and it just looks really awesome, I wish I had taken pics of it to share with yall. The guy said it should be done early this next week since he said he'd get his guys right onto working on it. Now I got to buy a grille for it if I can earn up $70 soon!
    Elite Energy 32 80#

Called Maaco Today (Monday). They said that its in the body shop getting the body work done, they had some sort of dealio with other cars or something so they couldnt get to working on it immediately. He said tomorrow it should have paint on it since when I called about 20 min. ago it was getting the body work done to it, so that means that the area needing repaired has allready been sanded down. now they gotta do the work, then prime and paitn it so I guess tomorrow afternoon I will have it, but IF not I will definitely have it Wednesday, but I'm praying for tomorrow!
    Also I ordered my new grille for my truck Saturday night, I'm on spring break now so I'm just piddling around the house trying to find stuff to do lol its terribly hot out as well hahaha!
    Elite Energy 32 80#

91 degrees here.. What is it down there Clint?

It's been 92ish maybe 94, all I can say is that this week I've been waxing/detailing that black trailer thats behind my truck in the picture and its so stinking hot even in the shade that I'm just dripping sweat even if I'm not trying to work up a sweat! It's not too bad in the evenings though. my mom and I got for a bke ride at about 7pm and its not all that bad, but in the heat of the day its miserable, and its not even summer!
    Elite Energy 32 80#

Hahaha yuuup... Good ole Florida...

yep its too hot out.
    my truck was going to be ready today but the paint on the fender bubbles up again, so they had to go and take that fender off and are gonna completely re-do that fender, they guy said I should definitely have the truck tomorrow so I just am praying that it wont do it again.
    Elite Energy 32 80#

Wow.. Quite a long time for just a paint job....

weel you have to keep in mind they had to sand down the primer , then the paint that was under the primer, do the bodywork on it, then prime and paint it, paint the door jambs, and now they have been having to sand down that left fender to repaint it and it messed up again so they are having to redo that whole rear fender to fix the problem for sure. But the guy that weve been talking to that works there said I should definitely have it today unless something really crazu happens which he doesnt think will happebn since it seems they got the problem figured out now.
    got to call them at 2pm to see if its done and if so my dad and I are gonna go get it, and tomorrow or friday my grille is supposed to be here so if I get my truck back today everything will work out great Lord willing.
    Elite Energy 32 80#

I could have someone here do it for you for 100$ and be done in 30 mins... What kinda design you like? Any letters?? xD

My buddy just got his finished. Man is it awesome

Look's great^ But I love any black car/truck....

Clint your being a lot more patient than I would but atleast they are doing it right. Hope it looks sweet which im sure it will since its a chevy.
    Hoyt Alphaburner. B-Stinger. AXT Driver. QAD Ultra Rest HDX . Easton Torches
    PSE Supra ME . Doinker Dish . Spot Hogg Hogg It . Trophy Taker SS . Carbon Express CXLs
    Martin Mamba 44# @ 27" Gold Tip XT Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by muzzyman1212 View Post
    Clint your being a lot more patient than I would but atleast they are doing it right. Hope it looks sweet which im sure it will since its a chevy.
    yet you drive Mopar... lol
    2012 Fast Gold PSE Dominator 3d
    2013 PSE Supra Max.
    Bohning,BKlll Archery Staff Shooter.

ta-da! PICTURES AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I picked it up yesterday, then I put the bumpers and steps opn it today and maybe 20 minutes aftre I got all that done my grille came. So then I put it on the truck, swapped out some stuff that I needed off of the grille that was on it. then I gently handwashed it since it had dust on it. I cant wax it until a month from now sicne I got to let the paint cure and completely settle in.
    I absolutely love the color it is, not too dark but not bright, and it looks even better in the sunlight, and now that I got my new grille on it, it is just amazing. Now to get sopme silver pinstripe for it, and then put all the logos and emblems it should have on it and it will, well it allready is, the best looking 94 chevy I've ever seen. Once again, I am so impressed with this color, I want my bow painted this color lol!
    I wish yall could see the metallic in that up close picture I put but the camera I used isnt the worlds best camera but it does the job hahaha!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite Energy 32 80#

Look's GREAT Clint!!!! Look's to be well worth the wait...

thats what I thought too, its got some little blemishes in it that are very hard to see but for $1200 its a super great paint job, and I got a 5 year warranty on it too so if something goes wrong with it. I shouldve put some pics of the door jambs but theyre the same color as the outside lol and look just as great.
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerd View Post
    Look's GREAT Clint!!!! Look's to be well worth the wait...
    Elite Energy 32 80#

looks great clint, now we can both drive our chevys to the levy in complete style! are you gonna get a rhino spray in liner for it or something? you know you can get the liners to match the exact color of the truck! that would look awesome!
    Hunting~~2011 G5 Prime Shift, Extreme Archery Site, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton Injection 400gr. 277fps 74KE, Nap Spitfire Maxx D6, QAD Drop Away Pro HDX, 65 pounds, 29" DL
    TEAM 12--- Roost Raiders

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast