Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamond vs Quest

Diamond vs Quest

Diamond Outlaw or Quest Rogue
    they both cost right at the same so which is a better deal?

i really like the rogue a machined riser and limb pockets, same top end strings and finish as the top end prime bows, dont know alot about the outlaw but the g5 bow is a quality bow and for 399 is really choice

Im having the same problem deciding but i heard the outlaw has an aggressive cam and the rouge and torrent from quest are real smooth. Im going with either one of those.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    Just HUNT

you cannot go wrong with either bow. The outlaw does have an aggressive cam, but is a very great performing bow. Out of the diamond line thats the best bank for your buck. It comes with a decent set of accessories for a bow package as well. Only con is the current diamond line has had issues with shallow wheel groves that has led to many bows derailing when not drawn or down drawn correctly. This can be a big deal to alot of people who take odd shots from a tree.

As for the Quest, you cannot beat the quality. Well made bows all the way from bottom to top of bow line. I shot a primal for 2 seasons and loved it. Only reason i sold was to try somthin different. The rogue and torrent each have a very smooth draw cycle with great walls and valleys. with a little work you can get these bows deadly quiet. To be honest if i was buying a bow and was choosing between these models i would go with any quest i could afford. Quest is offering a 2012 line while diamond is not
    2012 Carbon Element, Axcel Armortech Vision HD Pro, QAD HDX, Carbon Blade.I know i left the "N" out of Technician)"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." -Fred Bear

Quest. Quality bows! Quiet, Quick, smooth, and has a perfect finish on bow. Hardly any problems with them but they have awesome customer service if needed.

Thank you for all the input!! Appreciate it!

What are you shooting now and for how long?
    G-Fade Quest Primal LH 72# @ 29.25"
    Proline Strings
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 307 fps
    Grim Reapers....Watch em drop!

It will take some time getting use to the outlaw due to the aggressive cams depending on what your shooting now but you will like it in the end. I'd go outlaw! And as far as the shallow idler wheel is concerned if you derail this bow then your draw is severly wrong. I've never even came close.
    1. Bowtech Experience: Axcel Amortech, Ripcord SOS,
    Stokerized SS1-8"hunter, Octane Deadlock Pro

Quest would make you a very good bow.

The Quest bows are out of this world for the price they are sold at. I have a Quest Torrent that I got in December, and I liked it so much I went out and bought a leftover Smoke for my back up bow. I am currently shooting more of the Smoke is why it is the one listed in my signature. My Torrent is in Gfade too and the Quest finish is 2nd to none, plus the I-glide works very well. The single cams are about the smoothest you will find out there at any price! I shoot in a league with one guy who has a z7 Xtreme and another who has a Carnage and you couldnt trade me draw cycles with them if you paid me(plus the Carnage had a bit of vib, the Smoke and z7 had none) The Quest's are WAAAAAAAAY smoother(especially the Smoke). Very glad I looked into Quest!
    PSE Evo Max

Dinner on the Table Pro Staff

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Quote Originally Posted by 454casull View Post
    What are you shooting now and for how long?
    I am shooting a Parker Wildfire XP draw length 29" 60# but it is too short for me i need to be drawing a 30.5 or 31" that is the wildfire is getting sold this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerkiller20 View Post
    I am shooting a Parker Wildfire XP draw length 29" 60# but it is too short for me i need to be drawing a 30.5 or 31" that is the wildfire is getting sold this weekend.
    You will like the Quest draw cycle a little better than the Outlaw, any model. True you can get used to the aggressive cams but why put yourself through that. The big deal for you will be the draw length as I think 30.5 is tops for most models. The Quest bows typically run 1/4" long and the Diamonds 1/2"....
    G-Fade Quest Primal LH 72# @ 29.25"
    Proline Strings
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 307 fps
    Grim Reapers....Watch em drop!

Quote Originally Posted by 454casull View Post
    You will like the Quest draw cycle a little better than the Outlaw, any model. True you can get used to the aggressive cams but why put yourself through that. The big deal for you will be the draw length as I think 30.5 is tops for most models. The Quest bows typically run 1/4" long and the Diamonds 1/2"....
    Ok i have pulled both back and quest is for sure smoother the only reason i didnt get to shoot them is because the range at the cabelas i was at was getting redone... the only other questions are what makes the outlaws cam so much more aggressive? And what does that even mean? Also the outlaws speed is about 20 fps faster is that a big deal?? Or not? Thanks for all the input!

Diamond! Great bow... Just do not draw it back with your hand... Can cause torque and a derailment! I like the Quest very much but it just doesn't perform as well for the money!

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk!
    * Hoyt Spyder Turbo 26.5/70, HHA DS -5519, Apach Micro Adjust, 10" Stokerized, CX Maxima Blue Streak 250's, and Muzzy MX3's! SMOKING!

Neither

When you actually own a tuned Outlaw the draw cycle is actually pretty nice. It seems like you have recently got into archery if so I wouldn't worry about speed to much at this stage of archery there will be plenty of time later for that. get a bow that fits you properly and draws comfortably to you in your price range. When you find the bow you are serious about keep your eyeballs peeled in the classifieds, do a search for your particular bow being sold by someone with good feedback for quality products and good transactions. This could save you some bucks in the long run.
    2008-2013 425th BSB (ABN) 725 A Co (Truck Assault) Ft Richardson Ak
    2013- ---- 541st CSSB 24th Transportation Co (Truckmasters) Ft Riley Ks

from a quality/components standpoint Quest is in a completely different league, no comparison here

Quote Originally Posted by BP1992 View Post
    Neither
    God your grumpy! Seems like everytime I see one of your posts, it's negative in just about every way possible. Is it because we don't shoot what you shoot?(Most likely). Anyways, thanks for adding such an informative, educated response. It really adds to this thread and advice for the fellow archer.
    PSE Evo Max

Dinner on the Table Pro Staff

LIVE FREE OR DIE

Quote Originally Posted by BP1992 View Post
    Neither
    Why neither? Why would u say neither and not back it up with any information? ***? Thats stupid!

I like the Quest line better. Much easier to draw for sure. There customer service is awesome. Whenever I need something its in the mail. Weather I screwed it up or not. They are always there to help me. No questions asked. The only other bow I will own would be an Elite. Other wise its Quest for now.
    G5 Quest QS33 VT C.V Pink peep with pink & purple strings with halo serving
    Vapor Trail Pro staff: Trophy Blend shooting staff
    CNC Sling Pro staff: U-Slide Pro Staff

Just got the 2012 rogue and love it you can not go wrong with this bow great draw smooth and powerfull for the money i paid 545 for the hole thing good sight and rest the new quiver and great love it good luck

Quote Originally Posted by hdrking2003 View Post
    God your grumpy! Seems like everytime I see one of your posts, it's negative in just about every way possible. Is it because we don't shoot what you shoot?(Most likely). Anyways, thanks for adding such an informative, educated response. It really adds to this thread and advice for the fellow archer.

Funny thing is I have been thinking the same exact thing as you said. Somebodys a miserable person I guesss but hate to be you. What's the point of being on the forums if your just gonna dog on everyone constantly?
    1. Bowtech Experience: Axcel Amortech, Ripcord SOS,
    Stokerized SS1-8"hunter, Octane Deadlock Pro

ttt

any other comments please help me out!!! ttt

Quest makes great bows. Quest / G5 has treated me really well, and my bow has been great since i purchased it in 2010. Between the 2, get the Quest. 20fps difference isnt huge, an arrow travelling at 270 fps vs 290 has little difference at hunting ranges.
    Ninja PSE DNA 60lbs. Axcel Armortech HD, QAD HDX, 10" Stokerized Hunter, 29" Injexion 330.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast