Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSE vs Bowtech!

PSE vs Bowtech!

i shoot a diamond black ice. I really like bowtech bows but i have a friend who shoots a pse gx treestand. its a fast bow.. im looking for a new bow that is fast but doesn't give up smoothness during draw and doesnt give up accuracy..let me hear your opinions

Close to NYC but far enough away to Hunt!!!
    Up until this year I would have said Bowtech. But the PSE lineup is deep and I do not think I have seen on thread about a PSE issue on hear that was a factory issue either with the build or warranty. So it's PSE for me.

bowtech has the faster bows for the most part the omen has a "fake" IBO of 360 cause its not at the industry standard of 70 lbs just get out and shoot the bows and pick the one you like

PSE Evo 7 or Vendetta DC both smooth and fast.
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC
    John's Custom Strings + Bow-A Constrictor Bow Presses
    "Of all the sounds on earth let me hear the bugle of a bull elk on a cold morning in the Rocky mountains, and then one more-The still small voice of God." Psalm 19

Yep, I will stay with PSE. Looking at the 2012 DS Evo or the Supra ME!

Where do you get this? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1772 View Post
    bowtech has the faster bows for the most part the omen has a "fake" IBO of 360 cause its not at the industry standard of 70 lbs just get out and shoot the bows and pick the one you like

The PSE lineup is faster the Omen is no fake. The Omen is 366 and Evo 345 the Revenge 340 i have owned all in the 2012 model and they all meet IBO. They all met IBO in the 2011 models as well. All of the 2011 Bowtechs owned a 340 a 350 and many invasions and they all met IBO as well. Nothing wrong w Bowtech at all, I'm looking to buy an Insanity but he has asked for an opinion. Being that I have owned 3 Bowtechs and 3 PSE bows I figured I was not bias. If you shot an Omen that didn't meet IBO it wasn't tuned.

But if you can only buy 1 bow you can't be worried about warranty issues with limb flaking etc. just my two cents.

PSE Revenge

I would recommend a look at the Revenge. It is quick smooth and short....kind of like me! LOL JB

You can't go wrong with the new evo it's smooth and fast, but the new insanity xl is something else too it's a few inches longer and has a 7 inch bh with a 340 ibo pretty good specs for all

Quote Originally Posted by PSERepNE View Post
    Where do you get this? LOL
    ditto i am still chucklin

I sold my Revenge and admit I made a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by hphunter View Post
    I sold my Revenge and admit I made a mistake!
    i made 2 mistakes selling my Vendetta XL 2011 and my axe 6 with 2011 cams,2 of the biggest mistakes i ever made in archery

I figured it out: he heard from a buddy who knows this guy that knows another guy who read it on a bathroom wall at a bow shop and the guy who wrote it heard it from his sister's boyfriend's father who knows someone at PSE!?

Quote Originally Posted by hisnheroutdoors View Post
    ditto i am still chucklin

step away from the koolaid and get a clue!!! can you prove any of your outlandish statement???? IBO is 70#, 5gr per # (350gr ), and 30" draw.......which is what the bows are tested at unless it is a short draw model.....

I'd vote Bowtech, they are both accuratte, but the Center Pivot design and bowtech cams makes it a pleasure to shoot and tune. When I shoot them side by side X Forces always have more vibe than the Bowtech I'm shooting. You might get a few more FPS out of an Omen vs and Insanity but everything else is superior on a Bowtech IMHO.

I'm shooting an Invasion now and really tried to like the Omen or Dream Season better, but I couldn't do it.

Nothing wrong with either pick though.

Remember w the Bowtech he can't change the draw without a press.

It gets 370 at IBO standards, want to know you are smokin'?
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

Evo, will absolutely love it! They are beating there ibo of 345. Mine isn't even tuned completely yet and the numbers it is getting will get it over the IBO of 345. I am going to get an omen pro because I want speed and love how the draws are and they are smoother than what people are saying. I hear good things from PSE and they hit there IBO and the insanities are getting close I know that. Basically the insanity is a PSE Dream Season GX. I vote PSE for sure.
    2013 Hoyt spyder turbo, 70lbs black out
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Easton FMJ's

2013 pse omen max stormy hardwoods 60#
    Team whack'em and stack'em, aka "dookie soiled loincloth"

pse hands down !!

i had a axe 6 and now have the insanity. both are nice bows but over all I like the insanity more. the pse felt really heavy to draw, smooth all the way to the wall but stiff. the insanity just feels great. pse grip was a little nicer feeling to me
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

I like the Bowtech a little more than the pse . Both make a great bow.

Quote Originally Posted by hphunter View Post
    Up until this year I would have said Bowtech. But the PSE lineup is deep and I do not think I have seen on thread about a PSE issue on hear that was a factory issue either with the build or warranty. So it's PSE for me.

I've got to agree. PSE has a deep line up and I've never heard of any issues. I think Bowtech has had problems recently with their limbs peeling.

I just got a PSE Bow Madness XS and couldn't be happier. I'd go with the PSE. Can't go wrong.

Both are great bows, but I'd pick the PSE.

Both are awesome but i lean towards PSE!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    2013 PSE BOWMADNESS 3G, TRUBALL BOSS X thumb release
    QAD HDX ULTRA REST, NAP APACHE STAB
    72# DW 29" DL, TROPHY RIDGE REACT ONE SIGHT
    28" EASTON DA TORCH 330 arrows
    100 grain broadheads, total arrow weight 370 gr

PSE! No humps or surprizes in my draw, just smooth all the way to the wall. It is no doubt quiter then the insanity and I think even with the Insanity when it comes to minimal to no hand vibe. The PSE is no underdog in the speed game either they hold the title especially with the recent addition of the whackandstack XRoid!!! I shot my Evo side by side with the Insanity trying to convince myself I wanted it more but the Evo picked me and I went home with no regrets and glad I trusted my gut!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast