Thread: Food Plot Help?? What to Plant

Food Plot Help?? What to Plant

Looking for something to plant that is good in North Carolina. Looking for more of a hunting plot than a nutritional plot. Also looking to have a mixture more than just one particular type of seed to plant throughout the whole think. What do you think would work the best for my situation?
    [B]'12 Heli M, Viper single pin , Apache Rest, Gold Tip XT Hunters 55/75 topped with Grim Reapers.
    Hers:2011 Elite Pulse, Tru glo 4 pin, Whisker biscuit rest, Razor Trick broad heads!

with all the researchi have done, you could do good with the clovers, buckwheat, soybeans, and the chicory. I am in south carolina so i have similar conditions. I would mix a white and crimson(red) clover. then also mix in the chicory. I am going to try a red and white clover, chicory, alfalfa, buckwheat, and iron and clay peas mix on my food plot this year on my 1 acre hunting plot. that will be my fall plot. my spring plot will be a clover, ryegrain, and iron and clay peas mixture.

my fall plot seems like a lot, but if the deer seem to get picky,they will have a few choices of food to pick from.
    Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    QAD HDX rest, Easton FMJ and Victory VForceHV
    Trophy Ridge React 5 pin sight, Octane Stab, and Bowjax for days
    ARCHERYSHACK bow strings!! United States Naval Academy
    1 Corinthians 10:13

with all the researchi have done, you could do good with the clovers, buckwheat, soybeans, and the chicory. I am in south carolina so i have similar conditions. I would mix a white and crimson(red) clover. then also mix in the chicory. I am going to try a red and white clover, chicory, alfalfa, buckwheat, and iron and clay peas mix on my food plot this year on my 1 acre hunting plot. that will be my fall plot. my spring plot will be a clover, ryegrain, and iron and clay peas mixture.

my fall plot seems like a lot, but if the deer seem to get picky,they will have a few choices of food to pick from.
    Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    QAD HDX rest, Easton FMJ and Victory VForceHV
    Trophy Ridge React 5 pin sight, Octane Stab, and Bowjax for days
    ARCHERYSHACK bow strings!! United States Naval Academy
    1 Corinthians 10:13

pick a couple different white clovers, i like alice, white dutch and ladino. Mix them with chicory and be done with it. Dont use red clover, deer prefer white and red last like half the time of white clover anyway. I wouldnt mix anything else in a clover plot because it will get drowned out by the other plants. If you looking for doing multiple mixes i would split the plot in half and do it that way, mising everything into a big mix and throwing it out is wasting money, some stuff will grow while other stuff will be stunted. But for your situation i would mix those 3 clovers and chicory and i would plant it in august.