Thread: anyone elses basset hound ever get cancer?

anyone elses basset hound ever get cancer?

Just got home from the vet today and got the very bad news my "buddy", thats his name also, has lympnoma cancer. Its a sad day for sure. He is like a son to me and at 4 1/2 years old its to soon. Not going to give him treatments unless the tests come back as hopeful. Just hope we can give hime a great month of life since thats about all they are giving him. just can't believe this is happening............
    2012 BOWTECH INSANITY CPXL 60# , VAPOR TRAIL LIMB DRIVER PRO-V , G5 3+1 SIGHT

2006 BOWTECH ALLEGIANCE 60# , VAPOR TRAIL, COBRA SIDEWINDER LX 5 PIN

" Speed is just a question of money, just how fast do you want to spend it"

Sorry to hear about your situation with such a young dog. Our 2nd dog got cancer; they cut it out. It gave him another year but the cancer returned and won. I hate cancer. Good luck with your best friend

One of our Golden Retrievers had cancer and died two summers ago hard times she was like a best buddy to us.
    A riser,two limbs a string, and a fist full of cheap arrows. "To find me you have to be smart, To catch me you have to be Fast, To be me you must be Kidding"

He is just my pal and best buddy. all his nodes are swelled, got him on some meds to help but its all a matter of time. Really sucks...........

bud.jpg
    me and my pal

bud 2.jpg
    another pic of him

Hes still holding on. We have him on an erb right now and its helping a lot. His nodes are swelled up bad but he is eating and drinking well. We have him on K-9 crital care and it works. He's lasted longer than anyone has expected and I would have to think its because of the K-9 stuff we give him. He still has energy and appetite. Something I didn't know is do not give dogs with cancer anything with grain in it which is about most dog food. I am told the best food is lean meat with this special food we have him on. Of course I have a feeezer full of lean meat, DEER! We mix it with this dog food and give him his K-9 stuff that has tons of anti-oxidants and is so far great. Hope to get another month with my guy!

Well it was a tough fight but due to what appeared to be a internal tumor from the cancer, It ruptured and we had to put him down. He was a tough fella and fought hard for us but this cancer was fairly quick and hard to take,but we had a great few months left to hang out and chase bunnies and hunt sheds. He will be missed. Hardest dog I ever lost.

Our basset has some problems to. His fat glands are swelling up and we sent away samples, luckily not cancer but its still doesnt look to good.
    He, however, still looks good though, still attacking our GSP evertime he irritates him or distrupts his afternoon naps, so we not going to put him out yet. The guy is nearly 11, so he has been around forever as well.

They are just the most loving dogs, always look as if they about to cry. Who can possibly say no to petting that loveable face?! He is sitting at my feet as I am typing this.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss, ours is nearing the end of his days and I can just imagine what you have been through. No friend is replaceable, as long as you gave him the best life he could have, a dog can ask for nothing more from his/her owner than love and a safe home.

IMG-20120506-00080[1].jpg
    Not the greatest pic, but here's our new basset pup. He's a really cutie! But he wont sit or stand still for the camera... (hes a little Houdini)

Quote Originally Posted by reflxshtr View Post
    Well it was a tough fight but due to what appeared to be a internal tumor from the cancer, It ruptured and we had to put him down. He was a tough fella and fought hard for us but this cancer was fairly quick and hard to take,but we had a great few months left to hang out and chase bunnies and hunt sheds. He will be missed. Hardest dog I ever lost.
    I am so so sorry...
    I still hurt from the loss of Karbon in 2010...I cannot get over it.
    SH Archery & Custom Bow Tuning
    Dealer for Bowtech, Elite, Bear, and PSE
    2014 Bowtech RPM and Carbon Spyder 30

he looks just like my pal, what a great looking pup.

Quote Originally Posted by davidhein View Post
    IMG-20120506-00080[1].jpg
    Not the greatest pic, but here's our new basset pup. He's a really cutie! But he wont sit or stand still for the camera... (hes a little Houdini)

I am truly sorry. Our beagle Ranger had cancer at 4 1/2.