a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From mathews back to martin....4 good!!!!!

From mathews back to martin....4 good!!!!!

Some may remember the issues I had with 2 Firecats some time back. Martin did take care of me, but in my mind I could no longer trust Martin. So, I bought a Reezen. I mean, it was the flagship and most talked about bow of that year right. I had some issues getting it set up but when I did it shot great, until last week.

After putting on a new sight, and bow sling I drew the bow to make sure every thing was good to go. I slowly let down and the string derailed off the cam. I probably dont need to tell you what happened next. Basically it Blew up. The top and bottom of the riser is bent to toward the bow arm side as well as twisting from bottom left to top right, the cam is trashed, both limbs are cracked, sight arm broke and the string hit my wrist so hard it felt like a hammer. I bought the bow used so Mathews wont do anything about it, go figure. Anyone know why thier site says they stand behind thier bows 100% when they have no direct customer service number, and dont answer email questions? Your only option is to go back to the dealer that is worthless. hell, I would have setteled for a direct customer service rep telling me that I was screwed because I bought a used bow (pervious owner only had it for a week) that Mathews designed wrong.

Mathews may be one of the most liked, best selling bows in the world, but any company that hides behind thier dealers is worthless to me. They need to change thier site to say, "We stand behind nothing 100%, take it up with your dealer". But the pure lack of any customer service has lost me as a customer for life. They can kiss my.......nevermind.

I did some reading online and looked at the reviews for a few different bows and, more importantly, companys. Wabbit and i went to a shop and I shot a couple bows. I shot a Hoyt Rampage XT (very nice), Martin Bengal (very nice) and Martin Cougar FC both with the Fury cams. After shooting all three and talking over a few things with my bro-in-law, I setteled on the Martin Cougar FC. It fit me well. has a very solid back wall, it light and forgiving. We got it back to the house and Wabbit (my bor-in-law) gave me a hand getting it set up. I am waiting on the sight arm to finish her up. Thanks for the hand Wabbit.

Yep, I am back to M4L and I am happy about it. I just want to thank Martin for taking care of the customers so well. That is the number one reason I came back to thier products.

they do make a fine bow, like my alien x alot. hope you like the new one.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak

Something doesn't sound right with it "I slowly let down and the string derailed off the cam." O well hope you enjoy your Martin bow.
    '13 Mathews Heli-m 28" 65#
    2011 Brethn built Omen Pro 29" 60%#
    Team Whack 'Em & Stack 'Em Hunting Staff - One with FIRE

you only buy certain bow brands used i guess and mathews isnt one of them
    Obsession Phoenix

What dont sound right? I know it didnt feel right when the string hit my wrist. Are you trying to inply that I dry fired the bow? I can assure you that I didnt. I drew the bow, then went to let it back down. 1/4 of the way down it derailed.

Quote Originally Posted by rand_98201 View Post
    you only buy certain bow brands used i guess and mathews isnt one of them
    yep, there is that. I figured I was safe, the bow was only sold to the other guy a week before. I have been nown to do stupid things.

You are upset because you derailed a five year old used bow? The warranty clearly doesn't cover used bows. You didn't pay Mathews, you purchased it from the other guy. Take your issue up with him.
    Vengeance, ATX Driver, QAD HDx, Stingray Stabilizer, Mothwing Winter Mimicry
    Knightmare, ATX Driver, Limbdriver Pro-V, Axion Stabilizer, Black

The only time I had a bow derail is because I torqued the bow to far. I was at full draw and I was lucky it did not cause any damage to the bow. It was my Mathews Ultra Max.

Bad move

When you torque a bow letting it down they will derail..that's what happens. I can't understand why you are upset with Mathews for something you did. You bought a used bow... you knew it didn't have a warranty..were you just wanting them to tell you something you already knew?

Good luck with your new bow though!

Quote Originally Posted by FCFCharlie View Post
    You are upset because you derailed a five year old used bow? The warranty clearly doesn't cover used bows. You didn't pay Mathews, you purchased it from the other guy. Take your issue up with him.
    Ummm, no...

The bow was 1 week old (Meaning the original owner had it for a week, then traded it for a Z7) when I bought it from a Mathews Dealer. I have only had the bow for less than 2 years. Its a 2010 Reezen, how do you get 5 year old bow?

I did not torque the bow and cause it to derail. if I did, i would say do. Let me put this is words you guys can understand. The riser is BENT. They dont make the bows with bent risers. Nor am I really blaming Mathews. Bows have issues. It happens. No biggy right. My biggest reason fo rleaving Mathews is that they have no Customer service.

Oh, and no, I didnt know Mathews would stand behind thier products 100% if you bought them used.

OH, and why do you guys think all Mathews bows look the same? Because the Reezen's bent. There is a reezen they stopped making them.

i have been shooting mathews for over 10 years in that time the FX, LX , OG SWITCHBACK, DREN LD, MONSTER7, and now the TRIUMPH and i have never derailed one.i cant say it didnt becuse i wasnt there.if there any probs of derailing mathews you would here about it here first.but i will say the first MONSTERS had some problems with how deep the string set in the cams and guys were torqing the strings out of the cams.but mathews did fix the problem.im sorry you feel that way about Mathews. but it sounds like you are happy now and in the end thats all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba101st View Post
    What dont sound right? I know it didnt feel right when the string hit my wrist. Are you trying to inply that I dry fired the bow? I can assure you that I didnt. I drew the bow, then went to let it back down. 1/4 of the way down it derailed.
    Just out of everyone I've known with a Reezen albeit 6.5 or 7.0 haven't heard one derailing.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyM View Post

Good luck with your new bow though!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubba101st View Post
    Ummm, no...

The bow was 1 week old (Meaning the original owner had it for a week, then traded it for a Z7) when I bought it from a Mathews Dealer. I have only had the bow for less than 2 years. Its a 2010 Reezen, how do you get 5 year old bow?

I did not torque the bow and cause it to derail. if I did, i would say do. Let me put this is words you guys can understand. The riser is BENT. They dont make the bows with bent risers. Nor am I really blaming Mathews. Bows have issues. It happens. No biggy right. My biggest reason fo rleaving Mathews is that they have no Customer service.

Oh, and no, I didnt know Mathews would stand behind thier products 100% if you bought them used.

OH, and why do you guys think all Mathews bows look the same? Because the Reezen's bent. There is a reezen they stopped making them.
    Calm down there troop. You'll blow a gasket. One question though, you say " There is a reezen they stopped making them." Would that be the same reason they stop making every bow every 2 years or so? You know something new? Anyhow cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by srsbznz View Post
    Just out of everyone I've known with a Reezen albeit 6.5 or 7.0 haven't heard one derailing.
    I am not going to say that its not possible that there was some torque. On the other hand, the limb pocket areas of the riser is bent to the left more the .300". Anyone have any idea why?

I still like the mathews bows, dont get me wrong. I think they make a great product. I just dont see them really standing behind them to the extent they say they do. Now, if you will, put your selves in my shoes.

Granted I may have the wrong info but....

The 2 Mathews dealers around here said they stopped making the Reezen due to the risers warping. Again, Igot that same info from 2 seperate dealers. True? I dont know.

Like I said in my first post, I would have been happy wiht a factory direct telling me "Sorry, your screwed, let me send you a hat".

Mathews warranty has always stated that they dont warranty used bows...they dont need to tell you that over the phone...the warranty is on their website, in your owners manual....you have no reason to call, you got what you paid for, a used Mathews bow with no warranty.

who ever worked on your bow could of press it wrong. dont know just saying happens all the time. people get in a hurry or just dont know what they are doing.could of happen before you got it.or maybe the guy wanted to see if it was Hoyt tuff and drove his truck over it.LOL who knows we never realy know the history of a used bow.

For the price they charge, they should be bombproof. Yes, the story sounds funny, and I understand they try to support their dealers with the warranty thing. But still too much "our $h!+ dont stink" goes on with that company!!!
    PSE Stiletto 42#/25 1/2"
    Strother Hope 40#/25 1/2"
    PSE MALICIA

A company builds a POS and still everyone defends it, Awesome!
    Brand loyalty is severely overrated!
    My personal feeling is if a Bow is under 1 yr old It shouldent matter if the owner is the original or the 2nd or the 3rd owner, the MFG should cover it, if the original owner hadent sold it they would be replacing it, but sence it was sold 1 week after NEW they are off the hook, just dont sound rite to me!
    Esp when you consider the $ they get for them, Ive seen some weird stuff happen to bows, and derailing is not uncommon, just sucks when it happens to you and you bought a Used Bow with no warrenty that was still new from a dealer!
    If Im huntin im livin!
    If im livin im shootin!
    If im shootin Im a Happy man!

Good luck with your new bow.
    I briefly owned a Reezen 6.5. I recall there was a lot of talk about that bow, most of it not so good
    Every bow manufacturer is entitled to a dud, that was theirs!
    waiting on a bow.......

You seem to have bad luck with bows, whether mathews or martin
    Mathews Z7 Xtreme 70# 27.5"
    Obsession Lethal Force 66# 27.5"

Show-Me State..on a little pond called Lake Pomme De Terre
    The Reezen was definatly there achilles heel;many many problems and complaints with that model.Should have researched that one 1st,you would have found plenty of info that would have warned you.
    Taxidermist/ commercial tannery owner and bow tuning shop 32 yrs and running... I shoot them all,and just pick the one that likes me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by srsbznz View Post
    hmmm, here's one:

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforum...375370&forum=2
    Eating wild game since 1975...

2011 Martin Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384gr arrow, 284 fps
    2006 Martin Saber: 70#, same arrows, 250 fps.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast